IGNORED

Fair Play Jet.....

Vincent Vega

As one of a few who was calling for him to be dropped, sorry fella and well done.  :clap: 

Can't comment on the game as I wasn't there but when JET is on his game, he is untouchable at this level, but when he's not it's like playing with 10 men. Maybe playing with Taylor setting him up, as opposed to with Baldock, he has to create, will get the best out of him. Still a good day and moving on up

Likewise. I too was sceptical about him starting today, and he responds with a perfect hattrick! :)

As one of a few who was calling for him to be dropped, sorry fella and well done.  :clap: 

It takes a bit of wassname, boys, to come on here and admit to that, fair play.

I've been on the phone to Harry on the train on the way back (as in Harry, the poster on here, not Baron von Redknapp) and he says the 2nd half was stunning. Pleasing also to see Moloney involved in something positive, as he's been another one who's strangely slipped in performance since last season.

Sooo good to get that bloody zero-wins-monkey off our back. Come on!

Here's hoping that confidence gushes back as we all know there are plenty of weaknesses still out there on the pitch and things haven't turned round after one blinking game! 

It also struck me, looking at the match report, that 3 sides of the ground gave JET a standing ovation on being subbed. When did we see that before? Hmmm...! And how come the fourth side didn't stand and ovate? Was that the away end?!*

YOU REDS!

*It's ok, I know the end behind the goal is shut!

After his poor display Tuesday I felt he had to be dropped. On his day (clearly today) he is way too good for L1 but I felt we needed to go back to basics. Morale of the story is....? I no absolutely **** all!

Fair play to SOD. A very big call to drop Baldock. Both he and JET have been poor of late. Glad he dropped Baldock though I think he needed it.

After his poor display Tuesday I felt he had to be dropped. On his day (clearly today) he is way too good for L1 but I felt we needed to go back to basics. Morale of the story is....? I no absolutely **** all!

Fair play to SOD. A very big call to drop Baldock. Both he and JET have been poor of late. Glad he dropped Baldock though I think he needed it.

Well said, mate - and a sense of humour on here, to boot. Just what we have been missing, a little chuckle. Good skills.

It was a big call to drop Baldrick, although why Taylor didn't come on last Tue was a bit of a mystery. Still, that's all in the past now - as is today's win (although I fully intend to savour it in the bottom of a few pints of Natch first).

Gotta make this count with two home games coming up.

I don't think any of us know **** all, mind! We just like spouting forth....

Well said, mate - and a sense of humour on here, to boot. Just what we have been missing, a little chuckle. Good skills.

It was a big call to drop Baldrick, although why Taylor didn't come on last Tue was a bit of a mystery. Still, that's all in the past now - as is today's win (although I fully intend to savour it in the bottom of a few pints of Natch first).

Gotta make this count with two home games coming up.

I don't think any of us know **** all, mind! We just like spouting forth....

I guess we can only say it as we see it fella. I just felt after the other night we needed to try something else! I hope he keeps Taylor up there with JET now!

Gota laugh about it as I clearly couldn't have got it more wrong!!

You enjoy your natch fella

On his day unplayable, off his game a complete passenger.  But for me he is one you must play.  he is not a Jackie who could have a stormer but not really effect a match.  JET when on form effects the match, you only have to see his goal scored and assists.  For me he is a player no other team at this level has.  His skill ensures he will get doubled up on, so it is for others to make use of the space he creates, and effect the game when he is not on it.

First player in the team for me for the reasons stated above.

It takes a bit of wassname, boys, to come on here and admit to that, fair play.

I've been on the phone to Harry on the train on the way back (as in Harry, the poster on here, not Baron von Redknapp) and he says the 2nd half was stunning. Pleasing also to see Moloney involved in something positive, as he's been another one who's strangely slipped in performance since last season.

Sooo good to get that bloody zero-wins-monkey off our back. Come on!

Here's hoping that confidence gushes back as we all know there are plenty of weaknesses still out there on the pitch and things haven't turned round after one blinking game! 

It also struck me, looking at the match report, that 3 sides of the ground gave JET a standing ovation on being subbed. When did we see that before? Hmmm...! And how come the fourth side didn't stand and ovate? Was that the away end?!*

YOU REDS!

*It's ok, I know the end behind the goal is shut!

No wonder we couldn't score in the first half - there's only one goal!  :o   ;)

On his day unplayable, off his game a complete passenger. But for me he is one you must play. he is not a Jackie who could have a stormer but not really effect a match. JET when on form effects the match, you only have to see his goal scored and assists. For me he is a player no other team at this level has. His skill ensures he will get doubled up on, so it is for others to make use of the space he creates, and effect the game when he is not on it.

First player in the team for me for the reasons stated above.

Not long back.

The difference with Jet today, Ryan Taylor, the defenders were knackered from dealing with Taylor, those two were unplayable as a partnership today, Jet worked off him brilliantly.

Was the difference purely in the second half mate?

It crossed my mind that SoD and Pemberton really lost it with the team during half time.

Pemberton mentions that they got the 'Hair dryer' treatment.

When you see a normal placid man 'lose it'... it can be a right shock to the system.

Perhaps the team need it a bit more often... you need tactics, but it's a physical game, so you've also gotta be psyched up.

I just hope this isn't just the 1 in 10 performance from JET and he goes back to his old lazy ways again.

It crossed my mind that SoD and Pemberton really lost it with the team during half time.

When you see a normal placid man 'lose it'... it can be a right shock to the system.

Perhaps the team need it a bit more often... you need tactics, but it's a physical game, so you've also gotta be psyched up.

I just hope this isn't just the 1 in 10 performance from JET and he goes back to his old lazy ways again.

Definitely, When mild mannered people lose it, it certainly has a far greater effect than some mouthy gobshite that does it every game.

Turning point?  I hope so, I fear we will have more pain this season.  But if we stay up and build, that will do me.

He actually had a couple of chances in the first half from long balls and another where he failed to get a shot off when he had yards of space, he's not a goalscorer, but my view was that he won everything and brought players into play, creating chances for the midfield to move enmasse in a forward direction.

I'd say Taylor tired his man and by the mid point of the 2nd half he could handle Taylor's constant battling.

So in short, his work in the first half enabled the opportunities in the 2nd.

I might add, Carlisle were shocking.

He actually had a couple of chances in the first half from long balls and another where he failed to get a shot off when he had yards of space, he's not a goalscorer, but my view was that he won everything and brought players into play, creating chances for the midfield to move enmasse in a forward direction.

I'd say Taylor tired his man and by the mid point of the 2nd half he could handle Taylor's constant battling.

So in short, his work in the first half enabled the opportunities in the 2nd.

I might add, Carlisle were shocking.

Good to hear that about Taylor. He has come in for unfair critisism on here let's hope he stays fit, could be a big player for us especially if he works well with JET.

I think I am right in saying that he now has 10 goals and 8 assists for us in 18 games. This is not a '1 in 10' player.

His 10 goals and 8 assists make up 18 of the 27 goals scored we have scored. This is not a 'luxury player'.

He has his weaknesses and there are reasons why he is playing for us, but we should all be able to appreciate his immense talent that we will go a long time before seeing in a City shirt again. He will frustrate at times, but we really, really should be able to put up with it safe in the knowledge that we have a player that every single team in this division would like in their team and will win us games. If he was perfect he wouldn't be playing in League 1.

He is a special talent and I for one am delighted we have him.

I think I am right in saying that he now has 10 goals and 8 assists for us in 18 games. This is not a '1 in 10' player.

His 10 goals and 8 assists make up 18 of the 27 goals scored we have scored. This is not a 'luxury player'.

He has his weaknesses and there are reasons why he is playing for us, but we should all be able to appreciate his immense talent that we will go a long time before seeing in a City shirt again. He will frustrate at times, but we really, really should be able to put up with it safe in the knowledge that we have a player that every single team in this division would like in their team and will win us games. If he was perfect he wouldn't be playing in League 1.

He is a special talent and I for one am delighted we have him.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:well said that man

Spud, I'm beginning to agree with you more and more!

If Sean can prove he hasn't got the inspirational value of a milk-pudding, I'll happily, nay joyously, take everything I've said about the head coach back.

Talent gets you 50%, organisation gets you 25% but IMO a team won't function without being fired up, inspired, in awe of, the manager. It's that part fear/part respect thing and no coaching school can teach it.

JET, more than most, needs it. He's a player who could literally sink to non league or rise to higher divisions, depending on how he's handled.

Archived