IGNORED

Why Is John Pemberton Doing The Post Match Press?

BRISTOL86

Why shouldn't he?

Let's face it, the press are only gonna ask more inane questions like "now you've won a game, can you carry this on"

He's probably had a skinful of the press this week, so why shouldn't he take a break?

Totally agree, there are people on here hanging on to his every word to try and pick fault.

He's caught them out today though!! 1-0 to him I say.

Why shouldn't he?

Let's face it, the press are only gonna ask more inane questions like "now you've won a game, can you carry this on"

He's probably had a skinful of the press this week, so why shouldn't he take a break?

You obviously don't listen to many reporters interviews then, as be it RB, five live, talk sport , they virtually all follow the same pattern.

Why shouldn't he?

Because it goes with the territory. Because prior to todays game it was our worst run ever. Because any hissy fits just encourage the press pack. Because his post match conferences are so inspirational...

Taking a break from conferences, thats fair enough...

Being a football manager is very far from being an easy job. If Managers dont like dealing with the press, perhaps like rock stars who dont like being in the public eye, they should consider a different role in life?

Ferguson didn't talk to the BBC for ages, maybe SODs boycotting the BBC, or maybe he's just decided we doesn't want to anymore

Yep, just what i said on the matchday thread. Can't blame SO'D in the slightest. Pembo comes across as very refreshing so i think it was a good move by our head coach. 

Ferguson didn't talk to the BBC for ages, maybe SODs boycotting the BBC, or maybe he's just decided we doesn't want to anymore

That was down to the fact the BBC did a programme about dodgy agents, and his son was implicated.

Nice to hear from JP today, don't think he's had an opportunity on the radio before.

Because it goes with the territory. Because prior to todays game it was our worst run ever. Because any hissy fits just encourage the press pack. Because his post match conferences are so inspirational...

Taking a break from conferences, thats fair enough...

Being a football manager is very far from being an easy job. If Managers dont like dealing with the press, perhaps like rock stars who dont like being in the public eye, they should consider a different role in life?

He's not the manager.

Now we've own he'll be asked all the cliche and unoriginal jazz. Why would he care to chat?

Why do the likes of Bucksred STILL try and pick him apart - it's actually quite keyboard warrior-esq. Just cus he's a smarter fella than you.

I have always picked his post match conferences apart. He does not come across well at all in any of them. As a manager he should be able to come across in a positive manner. Particularly during a bad run. The Hissy fit made him look very silly. Yes the questions are inane (not stupid, the worse you and your team do, the more hostile, agressive, and repetitive they will become), but however they go with the territory. More than a few fans after that match would have asked a similar one.

I would very very much like to listen to his pre match talk to the team.

From my background, roles like his, we expect them to lead, inspire, cajole, train and inspire the teams, to be able to explain his tactics, to accept praise and criticism, and to behave in the manner leaders should do. Leadership (Managing) is a skill. Its different from coaching, a lot of whose qualities are similar.

SOD was/is a touchy git because he's won 1 in 22. "Are you still up for the fight?" is bringing his commitment into disrepute.

Believe the follow up question was: ''have you any previous experience you can draw from?" It's a well documented fact the bloke only won one in 26 leading to his dismissal at Doncaster.

If after 21 bad days at work somebody asked me these sorts of questions, I too would tell them to ####-off.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking he sent his No 2 out to speak because we won (we WON!!FFS!) While we were not winning, he kept doing it, "fronting up," if you like. Rather than hiding behind someone junior. That is leadership. Nice touch. If I've got it right there.

Just need SOd to be nicer to the paying punters, now. And everyone in this city. Well, us lot, anyway.

Right, get the Kool & The Gang on!

Archived