IGNORED

Why Is John Pemberton Doing The Post Match Press?

BRISTOL86

No I would be looking for inspiration, honesty and answers if required.

Your funny, but I do agree I hope we build and win but I bet it aint under SOD. :P

Well clearly you're in at the anti SO'D camp then so that doesn't  surprise me about getting on his case.

My City mates are like that and have been vocal all week on Facebook etc with the abuse heading his way.. strangely quiet tonight :) That for me is how to shut them up by winning or at least now putting an unbeaten run.

He always comes across excellently in interviews I find, great answers to basic questions and it's what he says not how he says it I find important

How he talks in dressing room/training ground where he's comfortable and to the media where he is uncomfortable is likely to be as different as it is relevant.

Based on his career to date, I'd say he is doing all right with what he says and how he says it in the dressing room and doesn't need the views of some keyboard warrior looking to have a go at home.

Not picking apart your post as I agree with you but is 'keyboard warrior' becoming the buzzword on OTIB?? ;)

He talks to the press and the likes of you get on his back, he doesn't talk to the press and the ........

Ffs.

"The likes of me" please elaborate.

Do you mean some one who has a difference of opinion to you ?

If it was me and I was getting the stick like "your messiah" has been getting I would have come out today and rammed it down "the likes of mine" throats, but no hes sent his assistant out because hes thanking his team for doing what we should be doing, like I say I hope we never see SOD again (one way or another).

Really.............so if it was the lady who serves the pies at halftime or even supporter of the year who wont attend anymore, youd be happy ?

Come on for somebody whos used the media for the club benifit you should be aware of the negatives as well as the positives.

Somebody came out and fulfilled the media obligations, so no I couldn't care who it was.

Seems some people will just find any damn excuse to have a go at SOD. He can't do right whatever he does in some people's eyes, and people will pick up any stick to beat him with.

If it was me and I was getting the stick like "your messiah" has been getting I would have come out today and rammed it down "the likes of mine" throats, but no hes sent his assistant out because hes thanking his team for doing what we should be doing, like I say I hope we never see SOD again (one way or another).

If he did that it seems you probably would be on his case about being a bad winner...

Well clearly you're in at the anti SO'D camp then so that doesn't  surprise me about getting on his case.

My City mates are like that and have been vocal all week on Facebook etc with the abuse heading his way.. strangely quiet tonight :) That for me is how to shut them up by winning or at least now putting an unbeaten run.

No Im in the I love BCFC and want the to win camp.

I have nailed my colours to the mast since he was appointed, I think SOD is overated dont like him and never will but still follow city home and sometimes away and will when SOD is gone and managing some other team in the conference or premiership depending on your view.

I can't believe this. We've won our first League game in 8 months, we've scored four goals away from home, JET has got his first hat-trick, and we're still arguing about who should have done the post-match interview.

Get a grip, FFS!

No Im in the I love BCFC and want the to win camp.

I have nailed my colours to the mast since he was appointed, I think SOD is overated dont like him and never will but still follow city home and sometimes away and will when SOD is gone and managing some other team in the conference or Premier League depending on your view.

So if that's the case that you want Bristol City to win then maybe you should also get behind SO'D whether you think he is overrated or not... whether you want him here or not, the fact he is for how long we don't know.

Question for you, I've asked this before to my mates who are anti SO'D. If he get its right and we do gradually climb the table and string the results together will you turn around on him?

He always comes across excellently in interviews I find, great answers to basic questions and it's what he says not how he says it I find important

I can't agree. Apart from being monotone and virtually silent (guy can't help his accent or voice I suppose) he comes across as defensive, patronising and basically irritated by the whole process of having to explain what his tactics might be to the public at large. And if you watch him live, he just looks autistic with all this looking downwards and grimacing.

His interviews are hardly an advertisement for the club. They might light up the lives of his true believers, but they don't inspire the majority, let alone the uncommitted.

And that's just the tone of the interviews, before we examine the gulf in what has actually been said and what is delivered.

I think it is wise for someone less tetchy to do them.

Silly question ................depends on what he would have said and as he sent his assistant out we will never no.

Don't think I asked a question, must be as bad as the interviewer Tuesday night ;)

I can't believe this. We've won our first League game in 8 months, we've scored four goals away from home, JET has got his first hat-trick, and we're still arguing about who should have done the post-match interview.

Get a grip, FFS!

Its not an argument, its a debate.. that's what happens on forums. Being an old stalwart on here, thought you might have known that by now :)

Somebody came out and fulfilled the media obligations, so no I couldn't care who it was.

Seems some people will just find any damn excuse to have a go at SOD. He can't do right whatever he does in some people's eyes, and people will pick up any stick to beat him with.

Your looking for a new job I knew it ;)

He can do right............. I thought some of the interviews hes conducted have been brilliant (If we were storming the league) and at times he comes across as articulate and full of tactical knowledge .   

Sufice to say our results and position have made his interviews sound like bull shit. 

It seems that there are a lot of people that don't know their own club and the positions people hold.

It's apparent the point needs reinforcing!!

The Finns have a dozen or more words for snow.

The point I'm making it matters not one iota what someones position is dressed up as, it is the role that matters and we all know what role each is carrying out.

Get a grip, FFS!

FFS check your posts out on Tuesday at least Im a consistent moaner.

So if that's the case that you want Bristol City to win then maybe you should also get behind SO'D whether you think he is overrated or not... whether you want him here or not, the fact he is for how long we don't know.

Question for you, I've asked this before to my mates who are anti SO'D. If he get its right and we do gradually climb the table and string the results together will you turn around on him?

No .....................still detest the brummie along with Davina McColl and Russel Brand

Im a mellow old man but I cant help my feelings. 

And that is relevant exactly why? I don't have an agenda, like some on here.

If you can't be happy after today's game, maybe you're wasting your time.

Because they were so negative ....................Ive always looked at you as a intelligent poster bwtf is this agenda shit ?

Christ now I know why you have a pretend hedgehog as a excuse when things go wrong, and for your info I am as happy as a pig in muck Im just consistent and dont think one win in 22 is reason too knock one out.    

No .....................still detest the brummie along with Davina McColl and Russel Brand

Im a mellow old man but I cant help my feelings. 

Interesting...

For me he does have a dour demeanour but I like his interviews (when he does them then just for you) as he tells as it is, some fans wont like him for it but he is just brutally honest and that's what I like.

Another poster has pointed out that he probably is different in the dressing room and gives credit when its due and kicks players up the arse when they need it but on the whole probably has different demeanour in there rather than in front of the media and feels more comfortable as its 'his' environment.

I don't need to elaborate, you said it all in your original post that I quoted.

Re sending his assistant to talk to the media, perhaps he's more grown up than you and doesn't feel the need to ram it down your throat.

As for SO'D being my messiah!! nice one ;)

Because they were so negative ....................Ive always looked at you as a intelligent poster bwtf is this agenda shit ?

Christ now I know why you have a pretend hedgehog as a excuse when things go wrong, and for your info I am as happy as a pig in muck Im just consistent and dont think one win in 22 is reason too knock one out.    

I'd be very worried about anyones state of mental health if they knocked one out over a win.... ;)

Interesting...

For me he does have a dour demeanour but I like his interviews (when he does them then just for you) as he tells as it is, some fans wont like him for it but he is just brutally honest and that's what I like.

Another poster has pointed out that he probably is different in the dressing room and gives credit when its due and kicks players up the arse when they need it but on the whole probably has different demeanour in there rather than in front of the media and feels more comfortable as its 'his' environment.

Well time will tell, you see Im not in the dresssing room and I presume you arent either ?

As it satnds he bores the crap out of me and is less inspiring than any manager Ive witnessed ()wich is a few)

I don't need to elaborate, you said it all in your original post that I quoted.

Re sending his assistant to talk to the media, perhaps he's more grown up than you and doesn't feel the need to ram it down your throat.

As for SO'D being my messiah!! nice one ;)

Nice one, another poster who lowers him/her self to abuse because they cant debate properly.

Well time will tell, you see Im not in the dresssing room and I presume you arent either ?

As it satnds he bores the crap out of me and is less inspiring than any manager Ive witnessed ()wich is a few)

Of course I am not but must be doing something right within the dressing room if he is respected by players which has been highlighted and documented in the media where players have come out and said about SO'D.

He must be doing something right anyway throughout his career.

Nor do I, but to pick on "who does the interview" when we, for once, do have something to celebrate is just plain silly.

I've just seen the goals on Sky and trust me, it was worth the wait :)

And leave Horace out of it. There's no room on this forum for hedgehog abuse. I'll set redeye on you!

Of course I am not but must be doing something right within the dressing room if he is respected by players which has been highlighted and documented in the media where players have come out and said about SO'D.

OMG how may footballers have said that and then said how crap the manager is when hes gone ...........come on you are not that naive, my boss is the bullucks until the next one comes in and then the old one was a complete knober. 

Abuse? Please explain

Abuse? Please explain

OK and I quote (DO I NEED TO ELABORATE)  " He's more grown up than you" ............................................................I await the appology ..................forget it I will get some response of "thats not abuse or it was a joke or SOD is the saviour".

I don't follow the logic behind criticising a manager/head coach for giving interviews in the bad times, and letting someone else do them in the good times. Surely that's a respectable thing to do? What would he have gained coming out and saying "told you so", or similar?

Completely entitled to send Pemberton, and fully respect him for doing so.

Archived