IGNORED

Made My Day

Bert's City

Tins ran the show for many seasons. He had vision, ability and passion and is right up there in the legends bracket of players who've worn the shirt. That season when Tins and Murray ripped teams apart was a beauty. We could all see the run, Tins knew he was running and every time the ball was delivered to perfection and we scored. Unstoppable.

No doubt about it a cracking player and great servant but had real limitations. As many have already said 100% left footed, not a great header of a ball, did not score enough goals. As a left sided player I would pick Alan Walsh for me all day long. I guess we have been lucky in the past to have had 2 such players.

Well he has his own song.....I remember all the above but i used to particularly enjoy his "tackling" ability... you know, sprint half way across the pitch and take some poor bugger out, lovely.

I cant remember where i read it but Kevin Keegan was quoted as saying, as guest of honour at the match, after Stoke beat us at the old wembley " you were best player on the pitch Geordie" , not a massive compliment i grant you but always stuck in my mind.

Archived