IGNORED

Sean O'Driscoll Sacking Was "an Appalling Decision"

spudski

Very good of you to post this, but seen just as many fans etc from those sides that were grateful for his removal.

Anyway luckily his previous records have no impact on us, it is what he is doing here and now that counts

No worries mate...

Tbh, I don't take much notice of what probably 90% of 'fans' think. Most want miracles and are never happy with what they've got....or think they know better than the managers and coach's that work with the team day in and day out.

All I know is that he's well respected amongst his peers and people that work in the industry.

I still think we're lucky to have him.

Good to see Sean hasn't rejected his grumpy interview style over the years with slick media training.  

Love the opening question and answer :-

Interviewer:-  " Would you agree that your team put in a pretty heroic performance."

SO'D :' No, I thought we were dreadful"

No worries mate...

Tbh, I don't take much notice of what probably 90% of 'fans' think. Most want miracles and are never happy with what they've got....or think they know better than the managers and coach's that work with the team day in and day out.

All I know is that he's well respected amongst his peers and people that work in the industry.

Why put 'fans' in inverted commas?  Are you suggesting if fans are concerned whether SOD is the right man or whether the club is doing the right things then somehow they're not of the same calibre?  I'd say we all want the same things, but don't agree on the best way to achieve it.  Why categorise fans on different levels?  It's divisive, unnecessary and just a little pompous.

Why put 'fans' in inverted commas?  Are you suggesting if fans are concerned whether SOD is the right man or whether the club is doing the right things then somehow they're not of the same calibre?  I'd say we all want the same things, but don't agree on the best way to achieve it.  Why categorise fans on different levels?  It's divisive, unnecessary and just a little pompous.

No...that's something you've just made up... I haven't suggested anything of the sort.

However some fans I will listen too...some I won't... and rightly so.

Only recently, one fan came on here and said 'I don't want to debate and talk, I just want to rant and rave...that's what football fans are supposed to do'...or something along those lines.

Why should I listen to someone like that, and put them in the same category as someone who actually cares about the Club and takes an interest logically...?

No worries mate...

Interesting................so only 10% are correct, is that the 10% that are in agreement with you ? 

Interesting................so only 10% are correct, is that the 10% that are in agreement with you ? 

Not at all... In fact I like having conversations and debates with fans that don't agree or have different views.

For example me and 'Ralphmilnesleftboot' don't see eye to eye when it comes to SoD... but I have the utmost respect for the fella, because he is always willing to talk sensibly.

Others it seems, can sometimes feel threatened by discussion and debate... and just decide to wind people up if they don't like their tone or what they read. Then think they're funny by being facetious and flippant...

I just don't suffer fools gladly, and people that come on here, and are just throw in 'throw away' comments without thought.

Or those that gang up on people if they don't like what they read.

Group mentality... or just football thugs in general. Funny that... they all come out when they have someone to back 'em up and it's generally the same ones. They seem to follow you around the forum and pick on anything they don't like...Bit like a bully in the playground who feels hard done by because they don't understand... :facepalm:

No...that's something you've just made up... I haven't suggested anything of the sort.

However some fans I will listen too...some I won't... and rightly so.

Only recently, one fan came on here and said 'I don't want to debate and talk, I just want to rant and rave...that's what football fans are supposed to do'...or something along those lines.

Why should I listen to someone like that, and put them in the same category as someone who actually cares about the Club and takes an interest logically...?

Well, the original quoter had a point as emphasised by your last sentence.

History will tell us at times the faithful 'fan' can be far far worse than the gut reactionary

Found this about SoD when he left Donny... some interesting thoughts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_UBopOflp0

And proving he hasn't changed since leaving Florist... same philosophies...good to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ9umvDKen8

I thought he was harshly screwed over by Forest, didn't he have them as playoff contenders and had just beat Leeds 4-2?

Not at all... In fact I like having conversations and debates with fans that don't agree or have different views.

For example me and 'Ralphmilnesleftboot' don't see eye to eye when it comes to SoD... but I have the utmost respect for the fella, because he is always willing to talk sensibly.

Others it seems, can sometimes feel threatened by discussion and debate... and just decide to wind people up if they don't like their tone or what they read. Then think they're funny by being facetious and flippant...

I just don't suffer fools gladly, and people that come on here, and are just throw in 'throw away' comments without thought.

Or those that gang up on people if they don't like what they read.

Group mentality... or just football thugs in general. Funny that... they all come out when they have someone to back 'em up and it's generally the same ones. They seem to follow you around the forum and pick on anything they don't like...Bit like a bully in the playground who feels hard done by because they don't understand... :facepalm:

I kind of agree with some of what you say but I have to say your almost "obsession" like posts about SOD will leave you open to negative responses. I see similarities between your views on SOD and Robboreds on GJ all be it other ends of the spectrum and look at the abuse he gets.

Now with regards your original post I could troll the net and find similar articles about every single manager that has been sacked by their respective clubs, its the nature of the job they are in, its what they are doing now that counts.     

I kind of agree with some of what you say but I have to say your almost "obsession" like posts about SOD will leave you open to negative responses. I see similarities between your views on SOD and Robboreds on GJ all be it other ends of the spectrum and look at the abuse he gets.

Now with regards your original post I could troll the net and find similar articles about every single manager that has been sacked by their respective clubs, its the nature of the job they are in, its what they are doing now that counts.     

Thanks for the reasoned response mate.

I don't have an obsession with SoD... I purely stumbled on those links from another link put up on here.

I just found them interesting and thought  I would share with those that maybe interested.

It's not SoD i'm obsessed with... if we had a similar manager in place with a similar ethos, i'd be backing him as well.

What I am passionate about, is seeing the Club do the right things for a change.

Which I truly believe they are.

I've watched this Club since the early 70's and I truly believe what they are doing right now, is the best thing I've witnessed in all that time.

I was chatting to two coaches this week who work at Man Utd. Both were aware of our Story, and what we are doing right now.

Both said the same thing... that if the Club don't bottle it, and bow to fans pressure if results don't drastically improve, then we should be in a position to progress and do well continually.

That was a pleasure to hear.

Each to their own of course...

I thought he was harshly screwed over by Forest, didn't he have them as playoff contenders and had just beat Leeds 4-2?

They did... But conversely (and hip-firing here so may be wrong) didn't he spend a cack-loud of money and had them outside playoffs, albeit flirting, around Xmas. If so I don't think he was necessarily that hard done by if his remit was instant results in return for cash.

They did... But conversely (and hip-firing here so may be wrong) didn't he spend a cack-loud of money and had them outside playoffs, albeit flirting, around Xmas. If so I don't think he was necessarily that hard done by if his remit was instant results in return for cash.

They fared worse under McCleish mind...

Plus the story goes that at the start of the season it was building a team to challenge for promotion in 3 years.. by Xmas the owners changed that to winning the Championship.

Nearly 12 months on they are in the exact same position, so wonder if Billy Davies will get the push if he fails to gain them promotion this season?

Archived