IGNORED

Falling Out Of Love With This Club

bcfcbs20

The present board of directors are pathetic. The ONLY reason they are in situ, and continue to receive support, is because of the money they have pumped in and the mess that THEY have created.

I support BCFC which, as pointed out above, is about more than the the board or the current playing staff.

I would whoop for joy if someone removed the Lansdown's et al from their position. The horrific truth is though that this wont/cant happen because of the trouble SL et al have put us into.

Scott D was right all along about SL.

I remember Scott Davidson mixing with the fans on the away terracing and he was regularly outside the back of the Atyeo Stand talking to supporters pre match. I'm pretty sure it was also his idea to set up this forum. I don't know what Scott Davidson thought of former Tote Ender Steve Lansdown but no doubt he was right.

One team representing Bristol and playing at the UWE Stadium is what the Venturers want and that is what they will get.

It certainly looks that way. Remove the more voiciferous City supporters via lifelong bans by collaborating with the Police against them. The hard core Gas have already been softened up with years of shit football. It all points to the current BCFC board looking at merging with the Gas once all the likely opposition has been quashed.

• Admin

I remember Scott Davidson mixing with the fans on the away terracing and he was regularly outside the back of the Atyeo Stand talking to supporters pre match. I'm pretty sure it was also his idea to set up this forum. I don't know what Scott Davidson thought of former Tote Ender Steve Lansdown but no doubt he was right.

I could be sat next to the current Chairman and I wouldn't recognise him

That's the reply back. The letter from the club to the supporter basically says following your arrest and conviction you are banned for life from attending matches and you will be removed if anywhere near stadium or ground, even on non match days. Signed by Doug Harman.

I think this is way too harsh, it should never have gone to court if the bloke was clearly in pain from being squashed against a gate and wanting help not a criminal record.

I would like Doug Harman, David Lloyd and Jon Lansdown and others to attend a match or two, home and away just as supporters, not representing the club in any way, undercover if needed. Let them try to park their car, walk from the station, buy food and go to the toilets, stand/sit in with 'normal' fans. Let them experience the full match day 'experience' and then decide if banning orders should be handed out to those who haven't committed violent crimes. Can any supporters club/ trust/ parliament whatever it is representatives put this to them please ?

• Admin

How do we know the guy who posted the letter is telling the full story ?

Not saying he isn't but I would hv thought they need compelling evidence to ban someone for life ?

Please don't take this as accusatory, just genuinely asking.. perhaps someone on here knows the guy n can verify ?

He is telling the truth, and that is why many are angered by the clubs ease at banning supporters.

There are many people that saw things wrong with the policing at Cardiff, but at no point has the club in any way tried to stand behind its support

He is telling the truth, and that is why many are angered by the clubs ease at banning supporters.

There are many people that saw things wrong with the policing at Cardiff, but at no point has the club in any way tried to stand behind its support

problem is its club policy that anyone who's been convicted of an offence at a football match is banned for life automattically (I think)

I don't have much sympathy for idiots who cause trouble then cry foul but I disagree with the above poilcy a life ban is too harsh, a court ordered football banning order is enough,

Now this lad has a conviction but did it lead to a football banning order? if no then he should be aloud to attend games if yes then that should be enough punishment,

People convicted of GBH or what ever don't get banged up for life

Have him back tomorrow. Would put the passion back into this club and its fans

It certainly looks that way. Remove the more voiciferous City supporters via lifelong bans by collaborating with the Police against them. The hard core Gas have already been softened up with years of shit football. It all points to the current BCFC board looking at merging with the Gas once all the likely opposition has been quashed.

The Rovers Chairman was described by someone in the know as "the perfect patsy"

The present board of directors are pathetic. The ONLY reason they are in situ, and continue to receive support, is because of the money they have pumped in and the mess that THEY have created.

I support BCFC which, as pointed out above, is about more than the the board or the current playing staff.

I would whoop for joy if someone removed the Lansdown's et al from their position. The horrific truth is though that this wont/cant happen because of the trouble SL et al have put us into.

+ 1

Found this!!!   I am told a fair few have got this letter, a life ban for everyone who was given a banning order is a bit

excessive without understanding each individual case in court and what they have supposed to have done or not done

but still banned in court??

A bit like getting a life time ban from driving for being given a parking ticket :pinch:

541451_10202290510693721_1822111458_n.jp

I hope Adam B, Dave Lloyd and the likes of our poor excuse of a board take a little time, read these threads and see the discontent and anger among fans. Feels like they are letting the supporters completely down by sticking to one side of the story without hearing the other. Or are the board just banning innocent fans, basically sacrificing them so to speak to send a message to the real troublemakers who rarely turn up these days? Whatever you look at it, its a joke and hope they hang their heads in shame.

Fletch was right.. It really is them and us now.

Found this!!!   I am told a fair few have got this letter, a life ban for everyone who was given a banning order is a bit

excessive without understanding each individual case in court and what they have supposed to have done or not done

but still banned in court??

A bit like getting a life time ban from driving for being given a parking ticket :pinch:

541451_10202290510693721_1822111458_n.jp

Exactly Sean.

It is so sad, some of these young men shouldn't have to have a "LIFE" ban.

• Admin

problem is its club policy that anyone who's been convicted of an offence at a football match is banned for life automattically (I think)

I don't have much sympathy for idiots who cause trouble then cry foul but I disagree with the above poilcy a life ban is too harsh, a court ordered football banning order is enough,

Now this lad has a conviction but did it lead to a football banning order? if no then he should be aloud to attend games if yes then that should be enough punishment,

A ban is harsh, it is clearly guilty until proven inocent.

Even a temproray suspension is harsh, there is someone who sits behind me with a season ticket who was banned after an incident at Leeds a few years back (charged with being drunk at the ground), he succesfully contested his ban and was eventually overturned - but missed out on numerous games due to the clubs stance

I do agreed that if there is a reason for a ban, there should be no sympathy, they are best away from our club

Exactly Sean.

It is so sad, some of these young men shouldn't have to have a "LIFE" ban.

With most football banning orders you at least get the chance to appeal and appeal to have the ban cut after 2 years, most cases the appeal is granted and a few months knocked off (again individual circumstances apply) I am not going in to the right or wrongs of fans at football but seeing some have been punished (some maybe rightly) but a few have had a raw deal in Cardiff (rovers / city another subject all together) should BCFC give some a chance?, to listen to the fans side and not just the police??  I still think back to 2004 at Walsall where fans got arrested for so say being drunk,, always 2 sides to things ;)

Would BCFC give the chance for appeal's? it would seem fair to listen?

The current people running the club do not want the traditional City fans following the club. They are slowly santising Ashton Gate, getting ever closer to their Utopia of a ground filled solely with middle-class families.

thats just not this club thats football as a whole, football hasn't been the working class game for over 20 years now

Archived