IGNORED

Lee Johnson

The Kaiser

Lee Johnsons team were by far the better side, organised, disciplined, sharp into the tackle, worked as a team. The only thing they were as bad as us wastheir equal inability to convert chances.

On yesterdays performance, he is gonna be a much better manager than he was a player. Respect to him for that. More idea than our cheerless, joyless negative managers post match waffle

I thought Oldham were over physical all game which largely went unpunished by the totally inept officials

Constant pushing, a two footed challenge on Bobby Reid that he only just negotiated and a fullback who, after being unable to prevent the ball going out for a goal kick to us, then decided to pick the ball up and jog to the edge of our penalty area before dropping the ball, all done in full view of the referee, who should have booked him for a blatant piece of gamesmanship.

No I'm not having it that they were better than us

All stuff we never do, we're too nice.

I thought Oldham were over physical all game which largely went unpunished by the totally inept officials

Constant pushing, a two footed challenge on Bobby Reid that he only just negotiated and a fullback who, after being unable to prevent the ball going out for a goal kick to us, then decided to pick the ball up and jog to the edge of our penalty area before dropping the ball, all done in full view of the referee, who should have booked him for a blatant piece of gamesmanship.

No I'm not having it that they were better than us

a good manager/head coach would of reacted to that and told our players to be more physical unfortuantly we don't have a good head Coach/manager

Oldham wanted EVERYTHING more than we did. Their (on paper) considerably weaker side than our own played considerably better than we did. A bit more quality in their team and they would have scored more. Their wingers consistently left our (apparently excellent) fullbacks for dead, and with a better ball across or better positioning from a striker, they would have scored 2 or 3.

For me they were the perfect example of getting the absolute best from limited resources. Not one name on that teamsheet that I knew a great deal about, or would - on paper - replace one of ours with, yet they played like the home team. First to every 50/50, won the midfield battle, defended better than we did....

LJ clearly has something about him to get them playing as well as they did on Saturday.

I don't care what anyone says about LJ.

He was wearing a three piece suit FFS!

Never rated him, then and now.

As for 'class act', did anyone really expect him to slate the club during his post match interview?

How deluded are some people?

And he looked very smart in it, he wears a suit well :D

I don't care what anyone says about LJ.

He was wearing a three piece suit FFS!

Never rated him, then and now.

As for 'class act', did anyone really expect him to slate the club during his post match interview?

How deluded are some people?

In his interview he mentioned it was his old wedding suit, why he wore it specifically on Saturday I have no idea, maybe a good luck charm.

Archived