IGNORED

Who Do You Want?

screech

I don't think anyone expects a new manager to change things "in 5 minutes" but we might have a hope of changing our relegation-bound course before it's too late.

As to who: There are more than 90 out-of-work former managers and that's before we consider ex or current  players who are assistant managers and the like,  qualified coaches looking for a step up, and even successful overseas managers.

The idea that SOD cannot be replaced because there is no-one available out there is rubbish, as is the idea that no-one who would want to come here could match the lofty achievements of Sean. He isn't achieving.

What IS a moot point, is whether another manager would be better and can save us.

Well nobody apart from a clairvoyant could know that. However you do not need to be able to read tea-leaves to see where we are likely to end up in May under the current administration.

Who's saying he can't be replaced? Everybody can be replaced, I'm asking who and you are another who hasn't addressed this. You could get a man in off the street today to take it on, what will this person be able to do that SOD can't with the boards future plans laid out. Little money, using academy, making use of the DOF scouting etc.

Just because you believe he may need to be replaced, offer someone up who can work within the system with all the restraints it has.

Who's saying he can't be replaced? Everybody can be replaced, I'm asking who and you are another who hasn't addressed this. You could get a man in off the street today to take it on, what will this person be able to do that SOD can't with the boards future plans laid out. Little money, using academy, making use of the DOF scouting etc.

Just because you believe he may need to be replaced, offer someone up who can work within the system with all the restraints it has.

Well it's not my job to do that. I don't work in football, nor do I have the time to follow other clubs particularly closely.

Most managers face "restraints". Certainly, all but perhaps Kenny Jackett do in this league. There is nothing so unique to Bristol City that suggests only O'Driscoll could do the job here. Anyone being interviewed for the post would have to sign up to the priniciples we've established.

The point is, it's not our job to recruit a new manager. But that doesn't mean we can't recognise that the current one isn't cut out out to do the job successfully.

The point is, there will never be a manager that will satisfy everyone who supports this club. Dicks, Jordan, Johnson etc. all had their critics. The boards job is to stick to their principals not listen to outsiders. 

Unfortunately Jon Lansdown has already set his sights on a short list of 5.

1: Mr Tumble

2: Barry Chuckle

3: Paul Chuckle

4: Daddy Pig

5: The Wise Old Elf

He loves Mr Tumble so much he makes Doug "hanging judge" Harmon dress up as a clown.

Id like to see Barry and Paul working together, just like a Clough/Taylor partnership.

When you say "Wise Old Elf", do you mean Coppell?

Unfortunately Jon Lansdown has already set his sights on a short list of 5.

1: Mr Tumble

2: Barry Chuckle

3: Paul Chuckle

4: Daddy Pig

5: The Wise Old Elf

He loves Mr Tumble so much he makes Doug "hanging judge" Harmon dress up as a clown.

I like #5  - he can do anything. He can't perform magic though - so we might still go down...

I'm as baffled as anybody why so many managers seem to fail miserably at this football club. You can't blame the board for picking McInnes and SOD, as both were successful elsewhere. I honestly don't know what the alternative is but personally I haven't warmed to SOD at all. Apart from his abject results and complete lack of fight at the end of last season, I find him surly and arrogant. I just don't love his BCFC at all

Well said

Archived