IGNORED

Just Out Of Interest Where Did People Think We Would Finish In The League This Year ?

nellie

He's full of shit and getting us relegated.

30 games to go and 45 required

How is this idiot ever going to get us out of it?

It was peopled like you who let us sleep walk to relegation last year and you're ******* doing it again.

Wake the **** up! We're going down con you seem happy to let it happen

Sod out!

How is it people like me who let us sleepwalk to relegation? I have no say in hiring or firing managers. Is that because I am at a game to support the team rather than spend 90min chanting SOD out?

I also believe that the majority of fans here wanted O'Driscoll and were crying out for Del to be axed and to be replaced by that man.. reap what you sow.

i thought we would finish 10th-ish. i was mildly optimistic things would look up this season. i was duped by sods rhetoric. now i think he will take us down. the board will probably sack him when its too late knowing those berks.

all we get is excuses. its a joke. rebuilding doesnt have to mean rarely winning.

Mid table. Probably 11-14 ish. I still stick by that.

Those saying that we're already doomed are talking pure rowlocks, but no doubt it makes them happy. I can't for the life of me see why.

Because being miserable is what makes some people happy.

I did say hovering around the playoffs myself... maybe a tad optimistic but when the season ends I think we'll be midtable.

I did say hovering around the playoffs myself... maybe a tad optimistic but when the season ends I think we'll be midtable.

There is no way I'm happy to see us where we are in the table and turning in performances like today. If you're in this position at this stage of the season, it's incredibly difficult to pull out of it (we've taken 4 points from the last 2 games and we're still joint bottom). Historically most teams fail to pull out of it, it's the exception rather than the rule. This, coupled with the perceived lack of progress account for most of the gloom. 

There is no way I'm happy to see us where we are in the table and turning in performances like today. If you're in this position at this stage of the season, it's incredibly difficult to pull out of it (we've taken 4 points from the last 2 games and we're still joint bottom). Historically most teams fail to pull out of it, it's the exception rather than the rule. This, coupled with the perceived lack of progress account for most of the gloom.

And, if we win our game in hand on Tuesday, we are out of the bottom four. How difficult is that?

And, if we win our game in hand on Tuesday, we are out of the bottom four. How difficult is that?

Actually, quite difficult as we've proved.

Teams at the bottom pick up points at a slow rate, that's why they're where they are. They might pick up a cluster of points (like we have recently) then it's back to very little for a while. As this happens, the teams in the safe places pick up points and drift that little bit further away. Winning the game in hand isn't enough, we really need 3 wins on the trot and then carry on picking up points at a reasonable rate to be to be talking about safety. Todays performance makes that look as far away as ever.

I'm not happy about it at all, but it's my opinion based on what I've seen.

If anyone remembers that competition thread before the start of the season to win some cider by predicting our final points tally, I predicted 54 points. That was roughly what I thought we would get after relegation last season..."transition, transition etc".

Maybe I was too optimistic.

i come from Bournemouth so im surrounded by Bournemouth fans and Southampton fans and they all said this is a hard league to get out of .

Well we must be bucking the trend because we are making a pretty good fist of getting out of it first time around

Doncaster also had some moderate success with promotion and a cup to boot, Bournemouth as well (promotion anyway on very limited resources) and Forest were in the playoffs when he got the push.

But yeah they must have bought into his bullshit.

Nah, that's untrue, but if it makes you feel better............

Based on what evidence?

Look up the points ratio required

We're as good as down. But that's alright as long as you're behind the team what difference does it make?

I thought we might end up about 16th or something, maybe a fair bit higher if it all gelled straight away. I was excited about the players brought in and glad most of those who departed went. And I was glad we still had Baldock.

Now, I figure if Sean stays we'll win a few, but not nearly enough - 21st or 22nd and hello Division 4! If he goes this year, maybe that 16th prediction won't be too far off.

Nah, that's untrue, but if it makes you feel better............

My apologies, 3 points outside the playoffs...

Hardly trawling down the bottom though considering the Kuwaiti board were planning a 3 year plan and sacked him halfway through the season due to changing their aims of automatic promotion... that worked out well.

What were fellow fans views on this season and where we would finish ?

Around 8th. I thought we would have a very slow start and have a very good final third of the season. I didn't expect to be bottom watching us look more and more unlikely to win as weeks go on.

I said before a ball was kicked I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they had another relegation battle on their hands, due to the fact you can't rip the guts out of a club, on and off the pitch and expect anything else.

Those people who laughed, aren't now.

I still think if Sean O'driscoll stays they'll just about manage to survive, if the clowns sack him ,they're down again.

Thought we would be mid table, not troubling the pray offs or the relegation places.

I expected us to be playing some pleasing, attacking football on the deck (SOD style), handing out a few stuffings along the way and also receiving a few, due to the naive nature of our young squad. 

But we are way off that at the moment, the defensive mistakes of the last three seasons are still there (although I will accept mistakes from the young ones), we play with one up front (home & away), we are slow, one dimensional and oh so predictable.

At the moment we are an opposing defenders dream, always playing in front of them, never turning them, getting in behind or around the back.

This season is panning out like Johnson's last season in charge, where we were drawing home games against the teams that will be down there come April/May.

It's not looking good.

6-10th....although we got rid of our top scorer from last year, we brought in some experienced championship campaigners and also retained Baldock a player who 12 months ago some idiots on here were claiming was twice the player Maynard was. We have more than enough to be comfortable and we have the players who should be keeping some interest going until the end of the season at the top end of the table.

We are grossly underperforming and there is only one person to blame for that and that is O'Driscoll, it now looks like last week was maybe a false dawn and that everything we hit just went in, we should be beating Oldham. Just like we should be beating Shrewsbury, Colchester et al. The club is in a transitionary period yes but the players we have are top half quality at least in my opinion.

Why did people think we would be in playoff positions.. SOD said it was going to be a rough season before it started, so why did fans think we would be playoff contenders when the coach who is with the team and knows the players thought it would be a tough season.

Why did people think we would be in playoff positions.. SOD said it was going to be a rough season before it started, so why did fans think we would be playoff contenders when the coach who is with the team and knows the players thought it would be a tough season.

do you not think he was managing expectations and at the same time covering his own behind.....im sure he would have desired at least keeping us sniffing around to make the season interesting

Archived