IGNORED

Thank Millen For Taylor

swanker

He had a bad day at the office today, Oldham's CB's did a job on him and he barely got anything out of them all day.

I do rate him though, he may not be a goalscorer but generally his presence allows the likes of JET to get the ball in the right areas and do their thing.

We win a lot more games with Taylor in the side than without him. We improved when he came on at Crewe and his first start for months coincides with our first win.

Oh my god, an otib poster that actually understands football and its tactics, well said that man.

If he was superb every game, he'd be playing for someone a lot better than us.

Most of the critics on here watch us so rarely that it's understandable that they can't tell the difference between Reid and Taylor !

i wish you would shut up....ive done my pennance as a season ticket holder i can see that the club has lost its soul for the last 3 years, you have commented on nearly every anti sod post this weekend trying to put a blinkered view on what is happening, the fact is we have the players to be top half, most on here would agree that with cunningham, jet and baldock we have 3 players at least who should be playing championship level add to that the experienced championship players we have bought in fielding and wagstaff, and those who have already played for us at championship level....elliott, kilkenny harewood plus others, the simple fact is that we should be doing better.

You portray your this super fan, but you sound very simple, the fact is no one on this forum thought we would be 23rd after 12 games, if you did then more fool you.

wind your neck in and realise this is utter shite

Taylor offered basically nothing yesterday. That shouldn't be surprising but somehow still a bit disappointing after the huge praise given by a few at Carlisle.

We offered even less when he went off. JET should have been the one to be subbed.  If we are going to lump it forward, then you need a proper target man and while Taylor was a bit lightweight at times JET is a complete waste of space as a lone striker.  Not surprisingly we let a goal in and had to bring a striker on.

Totally baffling substitions, but hey, it's all part of being in transition.

Sometimes I look at players and think to myself how fortunate they must be to have made a career playing football. I sit and wonder how it is they have risen above all the other players in the leagues beneath them and have managed to play where they are. I like Taylor ( probably cos he's ginger which helps) but I do find myself asking if there really isn't hundreds of players equally as good lower down the leagues.

Super fan ? moi ? certainly not !im suffering to ! I just don't think that withdrawing my support, criticising the players and manager, twisting every word that the manager says, coming on here and openly gloating when we fail to win ( Bristol city and others ) would be helping the club atm, I've enjoyed the good times, I'll ride out the bad times ! sorry if any attempt at positivity has offended you , and I'm one of the boards biggest critics, but I'll continue to support the coach and player you don't have to be a super fan to do that, just a real supporter !

i wish you would shut up....ive done my pennance as a season ticket holder i can see that the club has lost its soul for the last 3 years, you have commented on nearly every anti sod post this weekend trying to put a blinkered view on what is happening, the fact is we have the players to be top half, most on here would agree that with cunningham, jet and baldock we have 3 players at least who should be playing championship level add to that the experienced championship players we have bought in fielding and wagstaff, and those who have already played for us at championship level....elliott, kilkenny harewood plus others, the simple fact is that we should be doing better.

You portray your this super fan, but you sound very simple, the fact is no one on this forum thought we would be 23rd after 12 games, if you did then more fool you.

wind your neck in and realise this is utter shite

So he has to shut up because he has a different view to yours? Just like you and everyone else he puts his hard earned money into the club and travels home and away so is entitled to his opinion just like you are yours... Regardless of the situation at hand everyone is allowed an opinion.

Super fan ? moi ? certainly not !im suffering to ! I just don't think that withdrawing my support, criticising the players and manager, twisting every word that the manager says, coming on here and openly gloating when we fail to win ( Bristol city and others ) would be helping the club atm, I've enjoyed the good times, I'll ride out the bad times ! sorry if any attempt at positivity has offended you , and I'm one of the boards biggest critics, but I'll continue to support the coach and player you don't have to be a super fan to do that, just a real supporter !

Perhaps mate his interviews should come with sub titles then, what do you actually make about his comments regarding his not playing Killkenny?, bearing in mind SOD humiliatingly took him off twice already this season, once at half time and once before half time.

I happen to disagree with sod about Killarney , I think he offers nothing at al. however if he was playing id support him on the pitch because booing a player dosnt ever help imo as for the reasons sod have for not picking him, I don't really care ! does it really matter ? people twist everything that sod says anyway !

I happen to disagree with sod about Killarney , I think he offers nothing at al. however if he was playing id support him on the pitch because booing a player dosnt ever help imo as for the reasons sod have for not picking him, I don't really care ! does it really matter ? people twist everything that sod says anyway !

But surely you are saying he is wrong about SOD, so how can people be twisting that?

oh I see. we'll sod has says that he rates Kilkenny I don't. so what ?we all have different opinions of players for instance I never ratedlj but Garry obviously did.just because a manager has got a different opinion to me on a player didn't mean I'm going to call for him to be sackd, as for soda reason for not picking Killarney, I have to say that that was the only point in Fridays interview where sod was not convincing ! I actually don't think nk has recurved much abuse from the crowd at all, it looked like a bit of a cove up to me. but I'm sure that sod had his reasons for saying it !

oh I see. we'll sod has says that he rates Kilkenny I don't. so what ?we all have different opinions of players for instance I never ratedlj but Garry obviously did.just because a manager has got a different opinion to me on a player didn't mean I'm going to call for him to be sackd, as for soda reason for not picking Killarney, I have to say that that was the only point in Fridays interview where sod was not convincing ! I actually don't think nk has recurved much abuse from the crowd at all, it looked like a bit of a cove up to me. but I'm sure that sod had his reasons for saying it !

i'm sure he did as well, because the truth is SOD has realised exactly what most BCFC fans knew nearly 3 years ago, Killkenny is shit, but that would mean admitting he was wrong and blaming the fans is easier, but hey if you have a different view to that, that's ok.

Exactly was superb at Carlisle but me MUST have a scapegoat!

I can't comment on last weeks performance so i respect fans remarks on him who made the trip there , but despite his injuries, when available and picked superb or even decent performances from him have been few and far between, his last decent one being against Palace over a year ago.

But then , that's only my observations and opinion of him.

i'm sure he did as well, because the truth is SOD has realised exactly what most BCFC fans knew nearly 3 years ago, Killkenny is shit, but that would mean admitting he was wrong and blaming the fans is easier, but hey if you have a different view to that, that's ok.

It's easy to blame the fans when they are jeering their own players off and even onto the field.

That is pathetic.

It's easy to blame the fans when they are jeering their own players off and even onto the field.

That is pathetic.

Excuse me, SOD humiliatingly replaced Killkenny twice this season once at half time and once after half an hour and that I am reliably informed was nothing to do with the fans and that might actually have more to do with why SOD is not selecting Killkenny, wouldn't you?.

Taylor is nowt special, but on what Ive seen of Harewood so far, hes so far over th hill, hes gone over two more since. another Stern John and Dele Adebola. Woeful. Then there is the unproven Sam Baldock....

Dele was brilliant for us I thought.

Ryan Taylor has not been one of my favourite players over the past year or so, in fact in my opinion he has been a waste of space. But reading some of the comments on here about how he is a good target man and that he brings others into the game, I thought I would watch yesterdays game with an open mind.

Yes, what a game he had. It seem the ball stuck to the bloke. He won nearly everything in the air and it seemed their defenders were shaking with fear every time the ball was played to him. In fact the expression " unplayable" comes to mind. 

Can someone tell me when his contract is up because we need to tie him up on a long un. We need players like him if this club is to move forwards.

Its weird but I watched Taylor on Saturday and it crossed my mind that he doesn't really need any footballing ability at all to do his job.

All he does is occupy space, throw his elbows about and back into the center half.

He is a body - no pace, little control and no creativity or vision whatsoever.

But...

He is committed and in a weird way give us an option with the long ball.

The only problem is that the option he gives is usually a throw in / free kick halfway inside their half.

So we gain some yards, have a brief respite in pressure and kill another minute or two of the game.

The only way he would work is if he could actually hold the ball up and lay it off to Baldock - but he just isn't good enough to do that.

What is even more depressing is that we looked worse when he came off!

Archived