IGNORED

Thank Millen For Taylor

swanker

Ryan Taylor has not been one of my favourite players over the past year or so, in fact in my opinion he has been a waste of space. But reading some of the comments on here about how he is a good target man and that he brings others into the game, I thought I would watch yesterdays game with an open mind.

Yes, what a game he had. It seem the ball stuck to the bloke. He won nearly everything in the air and it seemed their defenders were shaking with fear every time the ball was played to him. In fact the expression " unplayable" comes to mind. 

Can someone tell me when his contract is up because we need to tie him up on a long un. We need players like him if this club is to move forwards.

I'll be honest I quite like Taylor.  He always puts in a good, honest shift.  He's asked to do the crap job in the team of being the target for our defenders long aimless punts. It's a shame as he's tidy on the floor and in this team he'll never really get the chance to shine.  

Basically I'm just so sick of seeing long punts from the back - nothing changes at AG.

Ryan Taylor has not been one of my favourite players over the past year or so, in fact in my opinion he has been a waste of space. But reading some of the comments on here about how he is a good target man and that he brings others into the game, I thought I would watch yesterdays game with an open mind.

Yes, what a game he had. It seem the ball stuck to the bloke. He won nearly everything in the air and it seemed their defenders were shaking with fear every time the ball was played to him. In fact the expression " unplayable" comes to mind.

Can someone tell me when his contract is up because we need to tie him up on a long un. We need players like him if this club is to move forwards.

Ha ha! It seems I'm the only one here who understands that this is very tounge in cheek! I agree with what you're really trying to say.

Yes, what a game he had. It seem the ball stuck to the bloke. He won nearly everything in the air and it seemed their defenders were shaking with fear every time the ball was played to him. In fact the expression " unplayable" comes to mind. 

Can someone tell me when his contract is up because we need to tie him up on a long un. We need players like him if this club is to move forwards.

Yesterday he offered nothing but in fairness our excuse for a midfield offered him nothing.

Our mistake was not signing his then strike partner LeFondre AS WELL taking the 4.5 million that was at the time on offer for Mickey.

As the former distinguished caller Ian said on RB last night, he has the height of a target man but the strength of a 7 stone weakling...enough said

Didn't look like that at Carlisle where he did a superb job of winning everything that came to him. More importantly he did something useful with the ball pretty much every time that brought others into the game. Proper team player.

He's a poor man's Lukaku. A little clumsy sure, but otherwise a very effective player. We wouldn't have scored without him for sure, and when he's in the side we look a much stronger team. He needs to start all of our games from now on.

Totally agree, that's my point. When Taylor is in the team we look much stronger as we did against Oldham. Did you see how he brought our midfielder's into the game with his lay-off's and passes. Oldham couldn't handle him, total quality and craftsmanship. I can't wait for Tues evenings game. If their scouts were in the stands then they know their defenders are in for a tough game. The only way is up now the ginger target man is back!

Totally agree, that's my point. When Taylor is in the team we look much stronger as we did against Oldham. Did you see how he brought our midfielder's into the game with his lay-off's and passes. Oldham couldn't handle him, total quality and craftsmanship. I can't wait for Tues evenings game. If their scouts were in the stands then they know their defenders are in for a tough game. The only way is up now the ginger target man is back!

I most certainly did. All the best teams in the world attack with all their players, and Taylor makes this possible. I thought Wagstaff made some really good attacking runs where he wouldn't have had it not been for Taylor being there to hold the ball up and (as you say) make the necessary lay-offs. I'm still convinced that we've still not yet seen the best of Taylor, as well as being a decent target man I think he has got it in him to score goals himself if he can stay fit.

Reid created JETs goal, where is Taylor assist coming from ?

We created hardly anything the whole game, Taylor could have been replaced by anyone and there would have been no difference as their CB had him in his back pocket the whole game.

With that said, other than Williams the whole team were poor.

We created hardly anything the whole game, Taylor could have been replaced by anyone and there would have been no difference as their CB had him in his back pocket the whole game.

He crossed the bloody ball. It's about the most obvious assist I've ever seen!!

Didn't look like that at Carlisle where he did a superb job of winning everything that came to him. More importantly he did something useful with the ball pretty much every time that brought others into the game. Proper team player.

Unfortunately we pick out players positive performances too easily because they only happen once in a blue moon.

At this level a decent player should be performing consistently each week and like most of our players that just doesn't happen.

Not unless Reid had a ginger wig on.

They said Reid on the FL show, but it was Taylor who made the cross.

As for Taylors substitution, he should have been replaced by Harewood. As I predicted at the time, we had nobody to occupy their defenders and we gave up posession at the top of the pitch too easily. 2 minutes later, they scored.

They said Reid on the FL show, but it was Taylor who made the cross.

As for Taylors substitution, he should have been replaced by Harewood. As I predicted at the time, we had nobody to occupy their defenders and we gave up posession at the top of the pitch too easily. 2 minutes later, they scored.

Yes , i heard that too.

Fiale's been found out then, you just can't rely on tv highlights !

He had a bad day at the office today, Oldham's CB's did a job on him and he barely got anything out of them all day.

I do rate him though, he may not be a goalscorer but generally his presence allows the likes of JET to get the ball in the right areas and do their thing.

We win a lot more games with Taylor in the side than without him. We improved when he came on at Crewe and his first start for months coincides with our first win.

Yesterday he offered nothing but in fairness our excuse for a midfield offered him nothing.

Our mistake was not signing his then strike partner LeFondre AS WELL taking the 4.5 million that was at the time on offer for Mickey.

I was told that at the time we was offered both Taylor or Le Fondre but turned Le Fondre down because we had Maynard and was looking at Pitman.

Archived