IGNORED

Simon Gillett

Kid in the Riot

What did people think of him yesterday? I thought he sprayed a few good passes about, but that was it. His problem, his height. It was like he was non-existent at times due to his lack of height. When the ball would come to him just above his head, he did nothing (and could do nothing) but flick it to the nearest opposing Crawley player. For me, I'd rather have Bobby in the team. 

What did people think of him yesterday? I thought he sprayed a few good passes about, but that was it. His problem, his height. It was like he was non-existent at times due to his lack of height. When the ball would come to him just above his head, he did nothing (and could do nothing) but flick it to the nearest opposing Crawley player.

And there's your answer...why is the ball constantly going above his head?

In all honesty the style of play last night was hardly playing to his strengths but nevertheless i thought he did ok.

He's small isn't he. Makes Lee Johnson look like Hulk Hogan.

The only time i've seen Gillett is a flash of Red when he leaps like a Salmon for a header. Actually, if you dressed a salmon in a City shirt I'd probably pick it out more easily than Gillett from the Dolman. I've no doubt a salmon would also put some of our retired pros to shame in technique and overall ability too.

I thought he was awful yesterday. He's far too light weight for me and not attacking in any sense of the word. You say he won a few headers but to be honest most footballers can win a few headers. I didn't recall him making any defence splitting passes, just saw him pass it along or give it to a Crawley player. Not good enough. SOD says hes got experience but i didn't see it. All that means for me is that he's played rubbish even more times before last night. Who would you rather have, an old player on loan to a club he probably doesn't really care about and will only play a handfull of games for or a young exciting player who likes to have the ball and looks to use it proactivley and isn't afraid of taking people on and making the right sort of mistakes who could very well play hundreds of times for the club. No brainer for me, I'd have Bobby Reid everytime.

I thought he was awful yesterday. He's far too light weight for me and not attacking in any sense of the word. You say he won a few headers but to be honest most footballers can win a few headers. I didn't recall him making any defence splitting passes, just saw him pass it along or give it to a Crawley player. Not good enough. SOD says hes got experience but i didn't see it. All that means for me is that he's played rubbish even more times before last night. Who would you rather have, an old player on loan to a club he probably doesn't really care about and will only play a handfull of games for or a young exciting player who likes to have the ball and looks to use it proactivley and isn't afraid of taking people on and making the right sort of mistakes who could very well play hundreds of times for the club. No brainer for me, I'd have Bobby Reid everytime.

Couldn't agree more. But would be wrong to judge him based on 1 game..

He's small isn't he. Makes Lee Johnson look like Hulk Hogan.

The only time i've seen Gillett is a flash of Red when he leaps like a Salmon for a header. Actually, if you dressed a salmon in a City shirt I'd probably pick it out more easily than Gillett from the Dolman. I've no doubt a salmon would also put some of our retired pros to shame in technique and overall ability too.

If a salmon played badly Sean could grill him after the match .

Was n't there a Geiff Salmon who played for Sheffield Utd i believe ? hhmmmmm salmon ...

I also thought Gillet was poor. Numerous sloppy passes.

Like most of our loanees not played regularly for their parent clubs ergot not up to match fitness and a bit rusty .

Add the fact that they don't know their new team mates or their movement to anticipate where to place their passes then it's not too difficult to understand .

Archived