IGNORED

Marvin Elliott

hippy273

Has got back into his zone for me, I lost count the amount of tackles he made. Given JET had to come back a couple of times to help out but for me he didn't get enough praise, credit where credit is due.

Also seems a little weird that Marv and Lee Johnson were a strong city midfield a matter of seasons ago, Marv still being on the pitch against his side. What a crazy thought  :laughcont:

Has got back into his zone for me, I lost count the amount of tackles he made. Given JET had to come back a couple of times to help out but for me he didn't get enough praise, credit where credit is due.

Also seems a little weird that Marv and Lee Johnson were a strong city midfield a matter of seasons ago, Marv still being on the pitch against his side. What a crazy thought  :laughcont:

Yes indeed and he should have been discarded with johnson at the same time

Admit his passing isn't the greatest, but he is still the rock in midfield.

Made about 2 headers and a block all game. Looks lost and has no positional sense at all. Makes others around him work twice as hard to cover his lack of awareness.

Made about 2 headers and a block all game. Looks lost and has no positional sense at all. Makes others around him work twice as hard to cover his lack of awareness.

He and Marlon Pack had to muck in for each other, He saw more of the ball than in previous games i felt and even tackled 2 players one after the other at one point.

He and Marlon Pack had to muck in for each other, He saw more of the ball than in previous games i felt and even tackled 2 players one after the other at one point.

Watching him try to control a ball and make a short pass under pressure is painful.

Might be a thought to put marv in centre back pairing now as he can tackle and head but thats it. He does not have to head to anyone just forward. Keep his game simple too much quick thinking needed for midfield and sadly technique is another of marvs missing ingrediants, but he is still a tryer and after all this is only the third div an international with a good coach behind he him should be ok.

That's what i was thinking, he isn't particularly pacey but he is very good at tackling and his positioning isn't bad because of his headers on the ball. His passing judgement is what lets him down.

Your kidding, right?

When Marv has been missing due to injury, international duty or whatever reason I have always felt we have needed him and his battling qualities. I know he can't pass but due to our current plight I would always think he is the sort of character we need. Sadly he hasn't been very effective for us at all.

I love Marv but I feel his time with us may well be up now. He just doesn't seem to be able to impose himself on games anymore by breaking up the play or with his drive and physical presence.  

Odd.  I thought he was decent and put himself about.  I guess people conveniently choose to ignore the couple of long cross field passes he made.

Honestly the bloke really doesn't deserve the shit he gets on here.

Totally agree with you on this, Elliot does not deserve the rubbish he gets on here. May not be the player he was but always gives 100%.

Thought he was decent also.

Totally agree with you on this, Elliot does not deserve the rubbish he gets on here. May not be the player he was but always gives 100%.

So what?

Bas Savage gave 100% didnt mean he wasnt ******* shit.

Marv doesnt have the legs anymore, cant run, cant track back and cant pass.

So what?

Bas Savage gave 100% didnt mean he wasnt ******* shit.

Marv doesnt have the legs anymore, cant run, cant track back and cant pass.

Cant track back? did you goto Swindon? Did everything including tracking back... yesterday as already posted played some good cross field long passes and got stuck in. May not have the legs but still runs his heart out.

Archived