IGNORED

Who Has Been Our Most Unpopular Boss...?

Vincent Vega

Pulis and Copout.

Benny was liked by many.

Pulis definitely.

Benny was basically promoted into a job that he wasn't brought in to do. Initial results were dodgy, but by the end of season we were competitive again.

A few more games in that season and I reckon he would of had us safe.

Pulis was wildly unpopular for the way he sidelined our flair players and bought big journeymen, as he did at Stoke and they eventually tired of it too.

I don't remember Coppell being unpopular for anything other than the manner of his departure.

Unbelievable that Benny has been mentioned on this thread, great bloke who we should have stuck with.

Nice guy though I'm sure he was I found Osman's defensive style pretty unwatchable, though he did grind out the results on a tight budget.

Russell Osman.

Gates dropped from 11000 to 7500.

Away support dropped to near fourth division levels and on one occasion at Portsmouth there was a mass walk out at half time [0-0].

Banners appeared at matches Kew out, Osman Out, sort it out.

As a player Manager he scored a winner [2-1] from a corner. He was booed all the way back to the half way line by what seemed all of Ashton Gate.

The problem is, many people on the forum have very short memories. Alan Dicks was very unpopular in his early years but this changed over time. As the team improved his rating went up and was high when City got promoted. As City declined his popularity went in the same direction.

Many have said Pullis was a awful. True - but people forget that when he arrived he said it would take 3 years to sort things out. He got 6 months. If he had been given 3 years, and City were now in the Premiership in place of Stoke, how many would still be complaining? (I know I'll get some interesting answers for saying that )

The problem is, many people on the forum have very short memories. Alan Dicks was very unpopular in his early years but this changed over time. As the team improved his rating went up and was high when City got promoted. As City declined his popularity went in the same direction.

Many have said Pullis was a awful. True - but people forget that when he arrived he said it would take 3 years to sort things out. He got 6 months. If he had been given 3 years, and City were now in the Premier League in place of Stoke, how many would still be complaining? (I know I'll get some interesting answers for saying that )

In fairness, short memories or possibly under the age of 60. Dicks was appointed in 1967.   

1) Tiny Penis. Born on the wrong side of the bridge & played for the dark side. How could we trust him.

His idea of "triffic" football was to sign as many 6 foot plus players with questionable ability as he could.

I was there, hearing the carols being sung at Brentford one boxing day as the football being played was utter 5hite.

AND we had to put up with that wimp gas sidekick of his Lindsay Parsons.

2) Russell Osman. Was utter garbage and systematically got rid of Jacky

Many have said Pullis was a awful. True - but people forget that when he arrived he said it would take 3 years to sort things out. He got 6 months. If he had been given 3 years, and City were now in the Premier League in place of Stoke, how many would still be complaining? (I know I'll get some interesting answers for saying that )

Pulis WAS awful.

He spent huge money on utter rubbish and we were in the bottom half of the division when he choose to walk out on us, (that latter bit explains why he didn't get his 3 years, doesn't it?)

Also, he was a deeply unpleasant person, who appointed a lifelong gas head as his assistant. He was also Welsh, Gas and played dogshit football.

Wonder why we all hated him?

Pulis, followed by Benny, Millen, Lumsden. and if he dont turn it around very very soon O Driscoll. In the masses leaving the Gate yesterday at the end of the game, every single fan was cursing O Driscoll. nobody defended him. didnt sound much better on Radio Brizz neither..

Archived