IGNORED

7 Out Of 9 What More Do The Moaners Want

stawey

Of course I am happy to get some points in the bag but last nights game was just about the worst advert for league one football there could be. An ugly win sure enough but yup a win is a win and if you take it over our last 3 games of course the table looks better. I am still totally baffled/upset/disillusioned of how our standard of football and what i go into games realistically aiming for have dropped so low though.

I'd always doubted this assumption that the club counted season ticket holders automatically in the attendances, but last night proved me wrong.

No way was that over 10K. At least half the seats were empty - more than half in the Willliams.

I wonder what would happen if there was a fire at AG and everyone got out: Would the club start poring over the charred wreckage looking for the missing 2,000?

I'd always doubted this assumption that the club counted season ticket holders automatically in the attendances, but last night proved me wrong.

No way was that over 10K. At least half the seats were empty - more than half in the Willliams.

I wonder what would happen if there was a fire at AG and everyone got out: Would the club start poring over the charred wreckage looking for the missing 2,000?

they count tickets sold not those who actually go through the turnstyles, thats part of the reason we can't pay on the turnstyle,

They could of announce 18k last night if we sold that many tickets, but they didn't because they have banned most of those :)

they count tickets sold not those who actually go through the turnstyles, thats part of the reason we can't pay on the turnstyle,

They could of announce 18k last night if we sold that many tickets, but they didn't because they have banned most of those :)

Maybe they should read out the latest bans after the team news :-D

I think we all know that we didn't play particularly fantastically last night and that Crawley were even worse, but of course the important thing is that we won.

Personally I thought it was the type of game we've all seen numerous times before at this level. Tinpot club, no fans, terrible game, City don't really turn up, but fortunately have enough to beat the might of Crawley.

If we were flying high in the table, playing well and all of us we're over the moon with how things were going we'd look at last night, discount the performance and say 'well good team win when they play badly'.

At the moment as we all know we need to get some points (don't we always?) and although a good performance would be ideal, we just need to get ourselves away from the bottom of the league, get some confidence back into the players and then hopefully this mini upturn can increase in length, everything will seem a bit brighter and we can start playing some of the football we were playing in patches at the start of the season, only hopefully this time also bringing in the results.

If (and it is a big if knowing us) we can play properly on Saturday and get the win then 3 wins and a draw from our last 4 games may suggest we have began to turn the corner. (although I don't want anyone reminding me of that when we give our standard performance against lower league opposition in the cup and get dumped out)

That would be fine had this been the 3rd game of the season. It's the 12 that have come before it that still makes the majority of us sceptical. 

I understand this and whilst I'm backing SOD I feel the same way, sceptical. Having said that I'm still giving him the whole season as many relegated teams have started very badly in their first season down, turned it around and gone on to be a much stronger club in futures seasons.

As it stands I just hope our fans can put those bad 12 games out of their minds and concentrate on the upcoming 12 instead as we're now out of the relegation zone but still have our butts puckered until we put some decent points between us and that zone.

Archived