IGNORED

Holloway V Stewart

Tomo

Just want to gather everyones thoughts on this one.

Stewart a massive city fan...played for the gas and back at rovers working with wardy.. All the gas heads know he is city through and through. I guess they accept this as he did a great job for them as a player. But he is still red and when he retires from the game...he will no doubt have a senior season ticket at the gate...

Holloway....rovers through and through. I am not saying he is ever likely to be a future bcfc manager but why can the gas accept stewart as a city man and we diss olly?

Be interested on this from the dark side as well...

Just want to gather everyones thoughts on this one.

Stewart a massive city fan...played for the gas and back at rovers working with wardy.. All the gas heads know he is city through and through. I guess they accept this as he did a great job for them as a player. But he is still red and when he retires from the game...he will no doubt have a senior season ticket at the gate...

Holloway....rovers through and through. I am not saying he is ever likely to be a future bcfc manager but why can the gas accept stewart as a city man and we diss olly?

Be interested on this from the dark side as well...

What a load of nonsense.

Is he **** a red, my mate and brother went and watched Cheltenham v Gas last year and when Rovers scored in the last min he went mental, on the pitch on his knees!

Maybe that's because he's a Bristol rovers coach and they won in the last minute in a local derby......what did you expect him to do....tell everyone to calm down whilst he checks the city score on his mobile!

Most players, managers and coaches have their own personal team but that doesn't stop them celebrating goals and wins for their current employers

Maybe that's because he's a Bristol rovers coach and they won in the last minute in a local derby......what did you expect him to do....tell everyone to calm down whilst he checks the city score on his mobile!

Most players, managers and coaches have their own personal team but that doesn't stop them celebrating goals and wins for their current employers

Bollox. I don't get on my hands and knees when a good deal goes through.

A city man would not react like that, and less of the local derby, it was v Cheltenham FFS

The way you want to just "forget history", you would make a good Cardiff fan..!

I remember olly being disrespectful. Never accuse me of being in the same league as a cardiff fan. Have I said olly would be a good manager for us ? I personall think It would ruin his life and ours as quoted on another thread. Now please try and say something constuctive rather than abusing everyone. Very brave...not

Bollox. I don't get on my hands and knees when a good deal goes through.

A city man would not react like that, and less of the local derby, it was v Cheltenham FFS

What ridiculous statements..............Trying to compare football with 'normal' jobs. I'm sure you dont get on your hands and knees, the same as I'm sure you dont have a physio run into the office when you get a paper cut or get in a huddle with your work mates in the morning.

Oh, and definition of a local derby 'a sporting fixture between two teams from the same town,city or region'.............

Whats the weather like in your little bubble?

Hate Stewart, the way he acted when playing against us for Yeovil no way is he a City fan.

I think he feels a bit hard done by regarding his time at City, wasn't he one of the players Johnson wanted rid of after he took charge? I heard somewhere that he was turned down by City as a schoolboy, it's possible of course that he's always wanted to prove a point to City.

One of the most exciting signings we've made imo and ultimately one of the biggest let downs for various reasons however the way he celebrated his first goal at AG convinced me his first love has always been BCFC. The City tattoo also gives it away.

Holloway is a ranting Sag who almost certainly hates City. That's the difference OP.

Or he could be a City man who doesn't hate the Gas, and why should he hate them? They gave him his big chance. If Rovers gave me the opportunity to be a professional footballer and then gave me a job after my career had finished I wouldn't have any bad feelings towards them either.

I think he feels a bit hard done by regarding his time at City, wasn't he one of the players Johnson wanted rid of after he took charge? I heard somewhere that he was turned down by City as a schoolboy, it's possible of course that he's always wanted to prove a point to City.

One of the most exciting signings we've made imo and ultimately one of the biggest let downs for various reasons however the way he celebrated his first goal at AG convinced me his first love has always been BCFC. The City tattoo also gives it away.

Holloway is a ranting Sag who almost certainly hates City. That's the difference OP.

Oh wow a tattoo.

He didnt conduct himself in the manner you'd expect. Actions like that speak louder than a dribble of ink from 20 years ago.

Oh wow a tattoo.

He didnt conduct himself in the manner you'd expect. Actions like that speak louder than a dribble of ink from 20 years ago.

I'd have to take your word for it Dez, I never saw him play against us for Yeovil. I've seen him score against us for the Gas and whilst he didn't walk back down the pitch, head bowed like Roberts used to against Cardiff it doesn't alter my opinion that he is a City fan. Maybe you can convince me otherwise.

I'd have to take your word for it Dez, I never saw him play against us for Yeovil. I've seen him score against us for the Gas and whilst he didn't walk back down the pitch, head bowed like Roberts used to against Cardiff it doesn't alter my opinion that he is a City fan. Maybe you can convince me otherwise.

He played like a right dirty**** the whole match, late tackles, studs up etc. Confounded by a glance at Fontaine before a premeditated elbow to the face right in front of the Dolman.

Bloke is a tosser.

He played like a right dirty **** the whole match, late tackles, studs up etc. Confounded by a glance at Fontaine before a premeditated elbow to the face right in front of the Dolman.

Bloke is a tosser.

In that case he's definitely a tosser, no excuse for trying to injure players if that's what he was doing. From what I gather he didn't leave the club on great terms, he certainly wouldnt talk about it in a recent interview in the Evening Post. From what you've said it sounds like he was taking his anger out on the players still here who Johnson possibly favoured. I'm only guessing though, I don't know Marcus.

I still think he's a City fan, just one who feels he's had bad experiences with the club.

Oh wow a tattoo.

He played like a right dirty **** the whole match, late tackles, studs up etc. Confounded by a glance at Fontaine before a premeditated elbow to the face right in front of the Dolman.

Bloke is a tosser.

Oh right......so if your a lifelong fan of a club that you are playing against, you are meant to 'conduct' yourself 'in a manner you'd expect' .....e.g.roll over and take one up the wrong un?

He was a yeovil player playing against Bristol City.....for those 90 minutes, Bristol City should not mean anything to him. If he makes a foul, plays well, scores then so be it........that's what he's paid to do regardless of the opposition.

To expect somebody to play differently or any lesser than normal because they are playing the team they support is madness.......Christian Roberts gave 100% playing against Cardiff and scored, he respected his background with a muted celebration and was no less a Cardiff fan or Bristol City player because of it.

"Holloway is a ranting Sag who almost certainly hates City. That's the difference OP."

I would just like to add, as i have had close ties with Mr Holloway, by his own admission he does indeed "Rant" and there is no question he will admit to being a "sag" as you call it. Your opinion that he hates city is not correct though. Just saying.

Oh right......so if your a lifelong fan of a club that you are playing against, you are meant to 'conduct' yourself 'in a manner you'd expect' .....e.g.roll over and take one up the wrong un?

He was a yeovil player playing against Bristol City.....for those 90 minutes, Bristol City should not mean anything to him. If he makes a foul, plays well, scores then so be it........that's what he's paid to do regardless of the opposition.

To expect somebody to play differently or any lesser than normal because they are playing the team they support is madness.......Christian Roberts gave 100% playing against Cardiff and scored, he respected his background with a muted celebration and was no less a Cardiff fan or Bristol City player because of it.

Well thats your opinion and it differs to mine.

Only a complete ****** would purposefully elbow a former teammate in the face.

Archived