IGNORED

Jet, January Tw And Maynard Scenario....

brad blit

When JET signed this summer it was a 2yr deal, presumably because we couldnt offer the high wages he was used to at Ipswich, and perhaps also because it could have been deemed 'risky' to give a 3yr deal to someone who wasnt in best form at previous club.

However, with his brilliant form for us is anyone else worried that someone might come in with a substantial offer in Jan which may turn Citys hand?? Yes some might argue he has gone quiet in certain games but the fact he is our top goalscorer and offers most assists so surely other teams (probably Championship) have looked at him as a viable option because they could try and get him cheaper knowing he will only have just over year left.

I hope the club are already discussing this and looking to extend his contract before the vultures start circling.....

I expect that this has something to do with the Bosman Ruling. As long as we offer him a contract before he is 24, we should get a fee for him. If he doe not leave in January or over the summer, I should imagine that he will be offered an extension. It would be a shock and surprise if some championship team did not come in with a substantial offer though.

If someone offered 3-4mill for him, I'd take it. He is a good player, but he's a luxury player as well.

Could use the money to buy 2 new strikers and/or an attacking midfielder that might work better as a unit than him and baldock do currently.

Don't forget that we still have Kelly to come back into the reckoning when he recovers. He has, IMHO, been sorely missed.

All valid points, but I do wonder how much JET is contributing to our current position in the table.

When he plays bad, we have nothing at all.

The flip side is, I don't want to see headless chickens running around just for the sake of it.

Maybe if JET were to leave we could get a striker in the mould of Billy Sharp - someone who is hardworking and a great finisher.

He seems to enjoy playing for the club and for the first time in a while he has fans behind him who genuinelly love him. He is a confidence player, and now he has that confidence back and is playing under a manager he knows and respects he may not want to move and repeat his previous mistake with Ipswich / Mccarthy. SOD knows how to handle JET and utilise him to his fullest - something not all managers may be able to do

Plus hasn't his missus just had a baby? She might convince him that she doesn't want to uproot at the moment because of this

Maybe

When JET signed this summer it was a 2yr deal, presumably because we couldnt offer the high wages he was used to at Ipswich, and perhaps also because it could have been deemed 'risky' to give a 3yr deal to someone who wasnt in best form at previous club.

However, with his brilliant form for us is anyone else worried that someone might come in with a substantial offer in Jan which may turn Citys hand?? Yes some might argue he has gone quiet in certain games but the fact he is our top goalscorer and offers most assists so surely other teams (probably Championship) have looked at him as a viable option because they could try and get him cheaper knowing he will only have just over year left.

I hope the club are already discussing this and looking to extend his contract before the vultures start circling.....

It's frightening to think where we would be without all his goals and his assists.

I'm not too sure about other clubs coming in for him as he does have a reputation of drifting in and out of games, something which may put teams off.

I think JET likes to play the way JET likes to play and in S'OD he has a manager that lets him do that. There's every chance he'll end up the leagues top scorer this season.

Whatever happens, one thing is for sure and that he's the most talented player at AG since I really can't remember when. 

All valid points, but I do wonder how much JET is contributing to our current position in the table.

When he plays bad, we have nothing at all.

The flip side is, I don't want to see headless chickens running around just for the sake of it.

Maybe if JET were to leave we could get a striker in the mould of Billy Sharp - someone who is hardworking and a great finisher.

Whoa - that is down to the rest of the team. If we lose every time he doesn't perform then that shows how reliant we are upon him and how good he can be if he can win games single-handedly.

People used to criticise Jimmy Greaves for being a lazy player who would do nothing all game bar pop up for the two goals that won the game. He'd still be the first name on the teamsheet as should be JET.

I liked Steve Torpey, Steve Jones, Bas Savage as they all ran around enthusiastically.  They weren't that good though.

• Admin

I think it was a strategic move based on finances. We can't afford to pay him a lot this season because of the existing high earners affecting this year's accounts. In the Summer we will be in a position to offer him a much improved deal and I expect him to be offered a 3 year deal.

It is a concern. At the moment if he doesn't turn up goals and chances are incredibly hard to come by. Almost involved in everyone good we do attacking wise.

I would be surprised if teams aren't looking at him, but I hope that now he is settled and playing well under SOD he will stick around.

people are forgetting we could still end up in the championship next season (yes i said it!). Aside from that, we have those high earners who will be off the books next summer so I'm sure some of their wages would help towards offering JET a new deal and still leave us with funds for new players.

we'll keep him for as long as we want him IMO. He's loved here, scoring goals, playing under the only manager who knows how to play him...

Exactly, I was about to say the same,SOD and him obviously have a very good relationship and he plays his best football under him.

He hasn't enjoyed playing under other managers, and probably will realise that staying here is for the best.

He seems to enjoy playing for the club and for the first time in a while he has fans behind him who genuinelly love him. He is a confidence player, and now he has that confidence back and is playing under a manager he knows and respects he may not want to move and repeat his previous mistake with Ipswich / Mccarthy. SOD knows how to handle JET and utilise him to his fullest - something not all managers may be able to do

Plus hasn't his missus just had a baby? She might convince him that she doesn't want to uproot at the moment because of this

Maybe

His baby Will have a Bristol accent !

Suck on ee ,Mickey !

Whoa - that is down to the rest of the team. If we lose every time he doesn't perform then that shows how reliant we are upon him and how good he can be if he can win games single-handedly.

People used to criticise Jimmy Greaves for being a lazy player who would do nothing all game bar pop up for the two goals that won the game. He'd still be the first name on the teamsheet as should be JET.

I liked Steve Torpey, Steve Jones, Bas Savage as they all ran around enthusiastically. They weren't that good though.

But ,boy could they run,a pleasure to watch.

All we really want is a team of Forrest Gimps !

Not Forest reserves and rejects .

I thought Ipswich were paying some of his wages this year, same as derby with fielding so they could get them off the books.

Not sure how much extra next year we would have to pay but guessing with the high earners mainly off the wagebill it shouldn't be a problem.

With Ipswich paying some of jet wages would they be entitled to a cut of the fee?

Archived