IGNORED

Del Boy

sglosbcfc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24823929

It is good to see him doing well back in Scotland. Aberdeen should be a leading light in Scottish football but they have had years of underachievement and it is pleasing that Del Boy is getting them back to where they should be.

Iam a generous sort of person but it makes me a little sick in the stomach to see him doing "ever so well" in Jockland when he ballsed up my club.

I know there were extenuating circumstances but "merde" as we say in France.

Still nice enough bloke good luck to him and "If only..."

Iam a generous sort of person but it makes me a little sick in the stomach to see him doing "ever so well" in Jockland when he ballsed up my club.

I know what you are saying but obviously he didn't set out with the intention of things going wrong. You must also remember he saved us from relegation the season before and gave us some memorable matches like Forest and Saints away.

And now I have read the article that states, he got to bristol city when they were on a downer ?! Many clubs that have just had to appoint a new manager will be on a downer, it is down to the new manager to turn that around. He saved us from relegation the first season and then at the start of the second season we had a very promising start but then due to the fact he didn't replace the defence mainly because Bikey would cost too much, it all fell apart. How costly that ended up being, in that Bikey would cost too much! Very shortsighted by the club. McManus should never have been brought back for that 2nd loan spell either.

It wasn't intentional though.

He applied, got interviewed then offered the job.

Poor bloke STILL getting stick from our fanbase.

What pisses me off the most, is that managers get slaughtered on here whatever they do.

No one goes into a managerial job, wishing to do badly...it looks bad on their CV.

You do have to ask yourself, why all these managers we've had, have done rather well at other Clubs but not here....?

Too little blame is put on our Board and Owner, imho.

They are the one's who put the structure in place..the buck stops with them.

Fortunately, they seem to be doing something about it now... even if it does seem they've been, and are still learning on the job.

It's no surprise, that every manager I've ever spoken too that has worked for us, has said 'nice Club and people, but run Amateurishly'.

What pisses me off the most, is that managers get slaughtered on here whatever they do.

No one goes into a managerial job, wishing to do badly...it looks bad on their CV.

You do have to ask yourself, why all these managers we've had, have done rather well at other Clubs but not here....?

Too little blame is put on our Board and Owner, imho.

They are the one's who put the structure in place..the buck stops with them.

Fortunately, they seem to be doing something about it now... even if it does seem they've been, and are still learning on the job.

It's no surprise, that every manager I've ever spoken too that has worked for us, has said 'nice Club and people, but run Amateurishly'.

I'm a bit surprised by your comments on this one tbh - recently you have been leading the line in showing a bit of tolerance and patience  :) 

I've got time for DM and agree that he was well intentioned. Also, I think the decision of the Board to appoint him was reasonable enough given the candidates available at the time. The bit I'm not getting is why the Board should be criticised for their actions during Del's time - he was given time, money and the opportunity to re-shape the backroom staff (incl scouting and academy) - so what else should the Board have done?

I'm a bit surprised by your comments on this one tbh - recently you have been leading the line in showing a bit of tolerance and patience  :) 

I've got time for DM and agree that he was well intentioned. Also, I think the decision of the Board to appoint him was reasonable enough given the candidates available at the time. The bit I'm not getting is why the Board should be criticised for their actions during Del's time - he was given time, money and the opportunity to re-shape the backroom staff (incl scouting and academy) - so what else should the Board have done?

The biggest mistake the board have made, is giving Carte Blanche to managers to sign lots of loan players, and players not good enough on large salary's and contracts.

It had a knock on effect...that SoD and the Club are finding out about now.

SL has even spoken about his mistakes and was one of the reasons he stepped down.

It goes right back to GJ's days.

The appointments were also made by the Board...

In business, and football is now a business...regardless of what people think, the buck stops at the top.

If you don't guide your managers they will ultimately ruin you.

Not doubting the club was being run like a circus, as it still is now, when Del was here but c'mon he didn't help himself in the end.

His failure to sign a centre back and spunk all his cash on forwards, one of whom ain't all that (Baldock) and the other has a hopeless fitness record (Davies). I have also since heard that Del was offered Flint last summer but didn't fancy him.

Our scouting system was a shambles no doubt but of the 4 scouts he had he used 3 to scout our next opposition instead of new players.

Decision to make Fontaine captain also turned out to be a very poor one.

Team selection baffling and at times ridiculous, always focused too much on how the opposition were setting up to play.

THAT SAID, good in front of the media and at a more stable club I'm not surprised he's doing well. The task he was given here was too big for him, too early. He may well go on to be a good manager here in England as well as in Scotland. Two obvious jobs in Rangers and WBA stick out as future possibilities.

Not doubting the club was being run like a circus, as it still is now, when Del was here but c'mon he didn't help himself in the end.

His failure to sign a centre back and spunk all his cash on forwards, one of whom ain't all that (Baldock) and the other has a hopeless fitness record (Davies). I have also since heard that Del was offered Flint last summer but didn't fancy him.

Our scouting system was a shambles no doubt but of the 4 scouts he had he used 3 to scout our next opposition instead of new players.

Decision to make Fontaine captain also turned out to be a very poor one.

Team selection baffling and at times ridiculous, always focused too much on how the opposition were setting up to play.

THAT SAID, good in front of the media and at a more stable club I'm not surprised he's doing well. The task he was given here was too big for him, too early. He may well go on to be a good manager here in England as well as in Scotland. Two obvious jobs in Rangers and WBA stick out as future possibilities.

I think your last paragraph sums it up well... In other words we are far from a stable Club.

No doubt managers have made rash decisions that have failed...it was almost panic buying or loaning.

Unfortunately other teams know we were on a downward spiral and that SL was willing to spend.

I know that from talking to Agents...we were an easy target.

I think any manager that has been here since GJ has found it a struggle.

SoD has even said it's a bigger job than what he thought...and even then when he joined he said it was going to be a struggle and hard work, with more than likely harder times to come.

People seem surprised we are where we are...but we were warned from the start.

Like SoD has said... Fans either buy into it or not... either way, it will still be the same situation whether he is in charge or someone else...

Hense why I think we're doing the right thing now...

I don't agree.

If a bloke comes in and gives it the best shot he has got and it doesn't work - then he has to be sacked and I'll be glad he goes BUT I will thank him for his efforts and wish him well - Messrs McInnes and Millen.

Now if you compare to a bloke who comes in and says he 'can't get interested' - then he can fk off and will never get anything other than my disdain - step forward Mr Cockhead Coppell.

I don't agree.

If a bloke comes in and gives it the best shot he has got and it doesn't work - then he has to be sacked and I'll be glad he goes BUT I will thank him for his efforts and wish him well - Messrs McInnes and Millen.

Now if you compare to a bloke who comes in and says he 'can't get interested' - then he can fk off and will never get anything other than my disdain - step forward Mr Cockhead Coppell.

How do you know Coppell said that or wasn't interested? Something you've presumed or read? If so where?

Just wish we would have given him a little more time, was very disappointed at the time of his sacking. Had we given him some time we may still be in league one but more than likely at the opposite end to what we are now. SAF I think is more qualified than our board or indeed our magnificent fan base that drove him out of the club.

Spudski, you continually hint that there is "more to the Coppell saga than we know".

So why hasn't he ever returned to management at another club since then, if we were the sole issue?

Millen and McInnes have come and gone since him and they both have had front line jobs (Millen as assistant at Blackpool and Palace and McInnes at Aberdeen) since vacating the manager's job in BS3, whereas dear old GJ (his predecessor) is now on to his 3rd manager's job since Coppell's very brief time with us.

My take on it is that he simply found it all a bit too difficult and knew he wasn't up to it any more.

By all means blame Steve Lansdown for failing to spot this in him, but he deserves most of the blame for wasting a shed load of money on Hunt, Stewart and Cisse (certainly with regard to the huge wages the latter was paid) and then running away 2 games later.

He had more problems then sod yet people want sod to have more time then he did

That's what pisses me off

More problems? Really? Based on what?

Both completely different situations and both have had a hard time of it but there's no way on earth McInnes had 'more problems'.

Stop trying to use that as a reason because you want SOD gone.

Archived