IGNORED

Elliott Parish

Bedminster Born And Red

Really impressed with this lad. Got a good mouth on him, he's the only player you can actually hear out there most of the time, seems calm and assured and that isn't easy playing behind a back four that has been shambolic for much of the season (such as last Saturday when Flint was continually getting underneath balls that were sailing over his head).

Hopefully a clean sheet on Tuesday will do wonders for him and the back four.

Really impressed with this lad. Got a good mouth on him, he's the only player you can actually here out there most of the time, seems calm and assured and that isn't easy playing behind a back four that has been shambolic for much of the season (such as last Saturday when Flint was continually getting underneath balls that were sailing over his head).

Hopefully a clean sheet on Tuesday will do wonders for him and the back four.

He's been my favourite since he's been here. I've always thought him better than FF.

Just a shame SoD took so long in seeing it as well.

I'm sure Fieldings  lack of composure didn't help with the jitters early on in the season.

The Back 4 always look more relaxed and assured around Parish.

he needs to command his box. I think he's come for crosses a grant total of once over the last two games. I don't want him flapping like the other one but there have been several occassions when he's failed to come for bread and butter crosses. But maybe thats how we choose to defend??

Also apart from the one he tipped over v Crawley late on I dont see that he has made any really outstanding saves. And he just doesn't seem to get close to any of the shots we concede from.

I like the stuff he does well - vocal/decent distribution.

He's fairly young and has no major flaws so as long as he develops over the season then I'm happy for him to be in goal.

Can't work out why he didn't make at least a token effort for Oldham's equaliser, don't think he was that unsighted ? Good on the whole though.

From behind the goal, I didn't see the ball until it flew out from inbetween the defenders' legs.

Imagine Parish had the same view, and hence had no chance.

Doesn't command his box as well as he could. Needs to command it a lot more and his distribution needs to improve.

That said he's only young and seems a much more calming presence than FF. I stand corrected if wrong but is it not his first full competitive season in league football? He will improve for sure, especially if he gets a full season under his belt.

So Fielding is dog **** then? Glad that Parish is performing well but typically on here we are too quick to write off a player. 

Don't think anyone said that about Fielding?

Merely that on the balance of what we've seen of both keepers (enough of both to judge, in my opinion) Parish is looking like the better of the two, based on performances.

he needs to command his box. I think he's come for crosses a grant total of once over the last two games. I don't want him flapping like the other one but there have been several occassions when he's failed to come for bread and butter crosses. But maybe thats how we choose to defend??

Also apart from the one he tipped over v Crawley late on I dont see that he has made any really outstanding saves. And he just doesn't seem to get close to any of the shots we concede from.

I like the stuff he does well - vocal/decent distribution.

He's fairly young and has no major flaws so as long as he develops over the season then I'm happy for him to be in goal.

I suspect you weren't at Crewe then because he made a fantastic fingertip save onto the crossbar when the Crewe left midfielder only had Parrish to beat.

I say it's poor because it is.

He is very reluctant to pass the ball to his full backs or centre backs and almost exclusively sends them forward to play another pointless long clearance.

He needs to trust our defence and give them the ball so we can play football. He rarely gets the ball moving quickly when he claims a cross to start a counter attack and whilst his kicking from floor and hand is quite good in terms of length it's poor on terms of accuracy.

It's a very important aspect of our play and my opinion is that he contributes to our long ball game a lot more than he needs to.

Archived