IGNORED

Bt Sport Has Won Exclusive Champions League Rights

Barrs Court Red

I wonder if my Sky Sports subscription will come down if this is the case. It's certainly a significant blow to Sky.

Thing is I can't really justify two sports subscriptions as I dont watch all that much on the one I have now.

Will anyone subscribe just because of champions league football, or have BT made a huge gamble that could backfire?

I wonder if my Sky Sports subscription will come down if this is the case. It's certainly a significant blow to Sky.

Thing is I can't really justify two sports subscriptions as I dont watch all that much on the one I have now.

Will anyone subscribe just because of champions league football, or have BT made a huge gamble that could backfire?

Just seen that myself, but also see that ,

as part of the deal, BT has assured Uefa it will make a wide range of matches free to air.

Probably, the Romanian champions v the champions of Serbia then!!

And what does this all mean? Oh, what a surprise even MORE money to those clubs that qualify for the CL so the gap between the have and have not's widens further...

But dont worry, 10 Minutes of Incest is happy as one greedy company is losing out....to another greedy company who are actually reducing the amount of free to air football. Power to the people!

Sky surely have to reduce prices now as not only are they losing the football but potentially a lot of people which switch broadband provider as well so they need to keep the customers sweet.

A lot of previous competitors have tried taking on sky and failed but this is a massive power swing.

With the amount of premiership games Sky have lost to BT and now Champions League also, it's a big decider for me. If Sky don't either reduce prices or throw in BT Sport for me for free when it happens, I'm out.

I thought sky couldn't have all the footy due to a monopoly, but Uefa ok it for bt to have all the cl footy as well as Europa league.

I think bt said each English side there prepared to let one game of each go to terrestrial tv but not sure how much terrestrial tv have to pay for it.

I have both bt and sky and find sky's presentation better, but bt are better than Itv and bbc. Bt appear a bit amateur with there presentations but early days.

BT Sport is free for the near future, with the exception of HD which you need to pay for after a year. But I'm guessing now they have this deal in place they will start to drain money out of people. Effectively making packages, with the free what we have now the basic. I hope not, would love dearly to have Champions League, 350 games a season for FREE. 

Well done BT. About time there was some competition.

I can't really see any advantage to the consumer to be honest.  Sky won't reduce their prices as they have the majority of EPL matches + other English leagues and the CL clubs that are getting extra money won't pass this onto fans by way of reduced ticket prices.

I can't really see any advantage to the consumer to be honest.  Sky won't reduce their prices as they have the majority of EPL matches + other English leagues and the CL clubs that are getting extra money won't pass this onto fans by way of reduced ticket prices.

Yes, but it will mean more money for the poor underpaid EPL players, bless their little nylon socks...

I thought sky couldn't have all the footy due to a monopoly, but Uefa ok it for bt to have all the cl footy as well as Europa league.

I think bt said each English side there prepared to let one game of each go to terrestrial tv but not sure how much terrestrial tv have to pay for it.

I have both bt and sky and find sky's presentation better, but bt are better than Itv and bbc. Bt appear a bit amateur with there presentations but early days.

Does the presentation matter that much ?  As long as you can see what's happening on the pitch what else do you really need ?

Well done BT. About time there was some competition.

Exactly. BT had to put up with Sky and all taking customers from them for phones and broadband now they are hitting back by broadcasting tv. It's ambitious for them going for the Champions league stuff, but it's also sending out the signal that they are serious and on it for the long haul.

I've watched a fair few BT matches, football and rugby and it's pretty good really. For the rugby they show inside the dressing rooms and mix with the fans before the game etc which is good.

Anyway, isn't the pundit stuff at HT when you go and make a cup of tea etc!

Archived