IGNORED

"we May Have To Sell Jet" - Sod

Red Ferret

More likely a private conversation some weeks ago and dragged out now for 2 reasons, firstly revenge for his spat with Adam Baker and secondly to coincide with an upturn in our fortunes.

More likely that O'Driscoll spends half his life whining to the Post instead of getting on with his job.

Is that what we've become then? A selling club? So to sell JET would give SL his money back would it?

I know we need to be realistic but why come out with a statement like that, now? Bizarre.

Of course we're a selling club.  Every club in the football league is and half the Premier League too.  Whether or not you think it's good for SOD to publicly say that, it's beyond naive to think that we won't sell any player if a good offer comes in.

He said in an interview that this club has to change, we have to become a selling club to survive, it means we are succceeding in bringing young players through the system.

He talked about getting bids in the future for the likes of Bobby Reid, he also eluded to the fact that the club had previously not sold players when they should have etc......

He also said we'd have a team that he expects to get promoted next season.

This has gotta be bullshit. The post have probably spun a few words around. Would be crazy for him to say that. Maybe jet saw this as a place he could stay long term and perform at. Saying that is only going to ruin his confidence

Not bullshit at all, SOD has already said in another interview he is expecting bids in january for JET and Reid, this is just laying out the carcass for the vultures to gather.

We've always sold our best, most lucrative players.

We have always been small fish in a big pond.

In league one we are just a slightly bigger fish in a slighty smaller pond. Football is a business, this is what the less successful clubs do. Sell players on to the bigger boys. Only problem is we tend not to make much of a profit on our past players.

Not sure how much we paid for JET but although I agree he on his day is most certainly championship quality, it's where you fit him in. Especially with a already established well oiled team. I'm hoping this will put the bigger clubs off and we can keep hold of him for this season anyway.

Unless we go on a very impressive run of form between now and January, surely we cannot afford to let JET leave? He is the focal point of everything positive we do as a team.

You have to admire SOD's honesty, but comments like this won't exactly give our support or the squad a much needed confidence boost.

Is SOD really saying anything that every manager/club is the country does not already know?  If the club really think he is worth keeping I am sure they will do there best to keep him, but if the right price comes in then get rid and get someone else, this is life.  I personally think he will he be with us in Feb, but can we just enjoy the last four games before worrying about something that might not happen?  I am.

Let's get safe from the drop first, then take it from there.  :thumbsup:

Unless we go on a very impressive run of form between now and January, surely we cannot afford to let JET leave? He is the focal point of everything positive we do as a team.

You have to admire SOD's honesty, but comments like this won't exactly give our support or the squad a much needed confidence boost.

Get used to it, it's going to be the most central of the 5 pillars or whatever they are this week.

Bad thing for the manager to say but absolutely no doubt bigger clubs are watching his progress

Still don't really get why Ipswich let him come to us

Or is it something none of us know about?

When JET was at Ipswich under McCarthy . He questioned his work rate and the fact he did go missing in certain games or at certain times in a game. It has been well documented McCarthy's frustration with JET. Saying about him : " world beater one minute, panel beater the next". ( or words to that effect) .

Of course we're a selling club. Every club in the football league is and half the Premier League too. Whether or not you think it's good for SOD to publicly say that, it's beyond naive to think that we won't sell any player if a good offer comes in.

Yes, if a genuine good offer comes in then of course its something to consider. Goes for all players, always has. I'm not naive.

But, the SOD quote in the post is "I need to sell you Jay". Surely we agreed the deal with JET because it was within budget. What would be the point in selling off our best player whilst we're near the bottom?

Archived