IGNORED

"we May Have To Sell Jet" - Sod

Red Ferret

I have, since he arrived at city, (though not so much recently) been on regular talking terms with Jet, and he told me direct that one of the main reasons he came here was because he was assured he was going to be allowed to play 'his' football and it wasn't because of money, or because of SOD.

He told me how much being stuck out on the wing has stalled his career and both Ipswich and Cardiff did that to him.

He also said that tracking back etc was just not part of his game and it was more or less agreed in principle that it wouldn't be expected, confirming this free role.

He also said he is fit, has been since he arrived, and is the quickest at the club, just doesn't have the role of motoring about.

If he's going anywhere they will know how much of a luxury he is, and a talent, but in a competitive league like the champ, not many teams can afford that luxury, he didn't even get it in cardiffs playoff season.

I for one hope he stays forever! But as someone said earlier in this thread, here at Bristol City he will always be a big fish in a small pond, he's not a team player so will struggle again at a higher level.

Cash in if its big imo.

No surprise at all, been saying this for weeks; any championship club could take him with any sort of bid; the problem with our new plan is; find any one decent and they are gone. So its back to square 1 and then again and again; Also resulting the fact that, most of any money made will not be going into the transfer kitty shall we say.

Out of all drearys signings and money down the drain loans he`s the only money making signing dreary has made, so we will cash in for sure.

This results in us going no-where and debts being called in by stealth.

What's the Steve Lansdown part about?

Has he come out and said he wants paying back?

That he will no longer invest?

He's wealthier than he's ever been so I am not sure he needs it back right now.

I think it means he has no more to give to the managers that he employs to fritter away. Because of course none of this is his fault.

With players earning "just" a few thousand a week or less in this league.. 2 million is a huge amount, would certainly enable us to upgrade positions that are seemed weak..

Really...........you  believe dreary will get 2m to spend :facepalm:

Agree. SL is a City supporter and Im sure he dont expect cash back from City at the moment.

Well I`m sure the board will find a use for it if he don't want it, and playing staff wont be high on the list.

With players earning "just" a few thousand a week or less in this league.. 2 million is a huge amount, would certainly enable us to upgrade positions that are seemed weak..

We have been deemed weak all over the pitch for season after season now, with midfield and defence the main concern. Even with landsdown being more than generous with investment. Is 2 million really going to solve all our defensive and midfield woes. When countless investment in the squad over the last seven years especially, has failed to do so ?

I have, since he arrived at city, (though not so much recently) been on regular talking terms with Jet, and he told me direct that one of the main reasons he came here was because he was assured he was going to be allowed to play 'his' football and it wasn't because of money, or because of SOD.

He told me how much being stuck out on the wing has stalled his career and both Ipswich and Cardiff did that to him.

He also said that tracking back etc was just not part of his game and it was more or less agreed in principle that it wouldn't be expected, confirming this free role.

He also said he is fit, has been since he arrived, and is the quickest at the club, just doesn't have the role of motoring about.

If he's going anywhere they will know how much of a luxury he is, and a talent, but in a competitive league like the champ, not many teams can afford that luxury, he didn't even get it in cardiffs playoff season.

I for one hope he stays forever! But as someone said earlier in this thread, here at Bristol City he will always be a big fish in a small pond, he's not a team player so will struggle again at a higher level.

Cash in if its big imo.

And just where exactly did SOD play him for the entire second half? Stuck out on the wing.

Have had problems with some of SODs comments in the past but this time I see it as being quite shrewd if we want to sell. The question is how bad will we fall if we do lose him. For what price do we think the new claiming poverty bcfc would sell?

you mean we are not failing with him? and almost any

Very seasonal - this news has pissed right on my bonfire.

If we're still hovering around the relegation zone come January selling JET could be a huge gamble. Why not wait until the summer?

Because waiting till the summer will most likely loose a fair whack of his saleable value, IMO if he continues in his current vein of form his value will most likely peak in January, unless the board can get him to sign a contract extension.

Season ticket holder for 8 years in a row now, I hate everything about this club now and watch the results through sky sports news with a season ticket in my wallet!!! This club is the laughing stock of the football league!!!

No were are not.

We are the same as every other club outside of the top 6/8 in the prem......................................welcome to the wonderful world of BCFC :P

Bizarre. Why say this? I've been incredibly disappointed with pretty much every aspect of SOD's reign so far. His relationship with the fans is very poor. As for today, a 3 - 0 win against Dagenham was nice, but the tactics employed were still very questionable.

Yeah, your soooo right, he should have employed different tactics so we could have lost 3-0.

Archived