IGNORED

Tranmere Away (Merged)

Lew-T

Where's everyone planning on drinking to before the game?

From http://www.footballgroundguide.com/tranmere_rovers/The main pub for away fans is the Prenton Park Hotel, which is situated just across the road from the away turnstiles. This normally has a good mix of home and away supporters. There are also a number of other pubs in walking distance of the ground. The Mersey Clipper, behind the Main Stand tends to be for home fans only, whilst The Sportsmans Arms on Prenton Road East is more welcoming towards visiting supporters. Otherwise alcohol is available in the away end.

All fans please note, it is a criminal offence to drink alcohol on the streets of Birkenhead, you may find yourself being arrested if you do.

Where's everyone planning on drinking to before the game?

From http://www.footballgroundguide.com/tranmere_rovers/The main pub for away fans is the Prenton Park Hotel, which is situated just across the road from the away turnstiles. This normally has a good mix of home and away supporters. There are also a number of other pubs in walking distance of the ground. The Mersey Clipper, behind the Main Stand tends to be for home fans only, whilst The Sportsmans Arms on Prenton Road East is more welcoming towards visiting supporters. Otherwise alcohol is available in the away end.

All fans please note, it is a criminal offence to drink alcohol on the streets of Birkenhead, you may find yourself being arrested if you do.

A friend of mine lives in nearby Oxton so we're drinking in one of the 3 pubs in the village: he assures me it is a short stroll back to the ground. He is a disenfranchised United fan, now an FC season ticket holder: he's coming to the match, and as lucky mascots he has good previous: his only other City match was a 1-0 win home to Northampton (Betsy.)

And they did us 3-1 at home. Only team to do the double over us that season.

I remember that because their fans were singing about going up and us laughing because the result put them about 1 point ahead of us and we had about 4 games in hand. Chris Malkin was a good player for them although I was told by a Tranmere fan that he seemed to keep his best performances for games against us!

Archived