IGNORED

Jet (Again)

GrahamC

Only just realised that he's now scored 7 in our last 4 games!

Aside from the ludicrous debate about how to "accommodate" our best player, top scorer and provider of the vast majority of our assists, can anyone tell me the last time someone scored that many in that few games for us?

Not doubting you but more than 7 in 4?

I can only recall one Cole hat trick so did he get 5 in the 3 games around it?

it's possible, he scored something like 17 in half a season for us before we sold him to Newcastle, he also scored a lot in the loan spell towards the end of the previous season

it's possible, he scored something like 17 in half a season for us before we sold him to Newcastle, he also scored a lot in the loan spell towards the end of the previous season

Just noticed on that wonderful Wikipedia site that his loan spell with us prior to signing is not mentioned, also 20 goals in 41 matches doesn't seem as prolific as he was in my, admittedly worsening, memory.

Don't get carried away...his scoring record before us was 1 in 7 games approx.

He's having a purple patch... perhaps he's found his level? Excellent League 1 player or average Championship player?

Or he is playing under a manager who knows the best way to utilise and motivate him?

Or he is playing under a manager who knows the best way to utilise and motivate him?

Good point...but as has been discussed before... if we are bottom of the league at the end of the season and JET has scored 20 odd goals... is that a good thing or a bad thing?

The same as when Albert was here... it's finding a balance.

Aside from the ludicrous debate about how to "accommodate" our best player, top scorer and provider of the vast majority of our assists, can anyone tell me the last time someone scored that many in that few games for us?

Lita got 6 in 4 around this time 2004.. is the best I got

including 3 or was it 4, that nobody saw, apart from  a ref with Superman X-ray vision, through the sea-fog at Plainmoor?

I was in the side stand roughly on the half-way line and didn't see any of them go in. What a brilliant day, especially drinking down by the harbour before.

I put money on him at 33-1 to be L1 top scorer. So he had better not go in Jan

Good call! I saw those odds too and fancied a punt but didn't. Regret it now. I think he'll be with us for the season.

Most watchable player I've seen play for City in my lifetime.

including 3 or was it 4, that nobody saw, apart from  a ref with Superman X-ray vision, through the sea-fog at Plainmoor?

I was in the side stand roughly on the half-way line and didn't see any of them go in. What a brilliant day, especially drinking down by the harbour before.

I was there that day also.

Funny really, because down by the harbour it was glorious sunside, but as soon as we got to Plainmoor which is at the top of a hill, we were suddenly in the clouds and couldn't see anything.

Good point...but as has been discussed before... if we are bottom of the league at the end of the season and JET has scored 20 odd goals... is that a good thing or a bad thing?

The same as when Albert was here... it's finding a balance.

Involved in 23 goals already this season justifies his place and role within the team. Its down to the others to step up their game. It looks like things are starting to click now and building a team around JET will pay off in the end. Unless he does one in jan then its back to square one and we will enter another 'transition' period.

Archived