IGNORED

Reid

Derk94

How did Bobby play on Saturday? If he keeps his head down he's gonna be one hell of a player. I couldn't make the game as I was working!

i felt in the first half he was more effective, in the second half he had to drop deeper and deeper to get the ball.

funny when the board went up for the first change (elliott) he kept on glancing over, he knew it was coming, and his shoulders dropped when his number was shown.

its like a mandatory move now from SOD, although i have to say he was looking tired at that stage and it was still only the one goal lead.

A sensible move on this occasion i felt, but on the whole Bobby continues to impress me.

i have watched him for a number of years at U18 and u21 level he never changes his style, quality players always appear to have more time when the ball arrives at their feet and i would place bobby in that Category.

He's clearly a very skilled footballer who IMO is far more effective when he's pushing forward but his ability to do that on Saturday was limited so he didn't feature that much. No surprise when he was subbed.

He's very slight in build and lightweight with it. He needs to beef up considerably if he's going to play a more combatative role in the middle of the park.

Could say the same thing about Joe Bryan.

You mean like Deschamps or Messi or Maradona or Romario or so on who needed to do neither and manage to or managed to shine

Take your point on Messi, but Romario and Maradona were both built like brick shit houses. Short, yes. Slight, no

It shouldn't be a problem for players to be slight and skillful, but at League 1 level you have to be pretty exceptional to get away with it given the lack of protection you get from refs

Take your point on Messi, but Romario and Maradona were both built like brick shit houses. Short, yes. Slight, no

It shouldn't be a problem for players to be slight and skillful, but at League 1 level you have to be pretty exceptional to get away with it given the lack of protection you get from refs

Messi is quite strong but alot of his strength is owed to his balance and determination.

Size isnt always an indicating factor on strength anyway particularly in the context of football, as he could be short and slim with small shoulders but have an incredibly  strong core which would be hard to spot but give him a great advantage,

He did ok. He will be inconsistent this season but is well on the road to being a very top player.

At times he has looked a class apart this season but then at times has looked average. It's all part of a young player's rise but when he is on his game he is a joy to watch.

Saturday was one of his quieter games and as mentioned already he is far more effective when he can attack freely. Saying that though I was impressed with his discipline and ability to hold his position. He put in an absolutely stunning cross into the box in the second half. The sort of ball that a striker apparently starved of service should be thriving on.

You mean like Deschamps or Messi or  Maradona or Romario or so on who needed to do neither and manage to or managed to shine

None of those you mention are\were lightweight. All are\were stocky with good upper body strength. Reid is still a boy playing mans football and needs to beef up. When he does he'll be a very useful player.

Archived