IGNORED

Chris Forrester

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

I'm gobsmacked that football fans don't know what 'nuts' or 'nutmegging' is, probably one of the first terms you learn when playing.... :blink:  :facepalm:

When playing we always used to call 'nut's' when sliding a cheeky one through the legs of an opponent...or in training.

Quiet interesting how it came about...

The word arose because of a sharp practice used in nutmeg exports between America and England. Nutmegs were such a valuable commodity that unscrupulous exporters were to pull a fast one by mixing a helping of wooden replicas into the sacks being shipped to England,

Being nutmegged soon came to imply stupidity on the part of the duped victim, and cleverness on the part of the trickster. It soon caught on in football, implying that the player whose legs the ball had been played through had been tricked, or, nutmegged...

I'm gobsmacked that football fans don't know what 'nuts' or 'nutmegging' is, probably one of the first terms you learn when playing.... :blink:  :facepalm:

When playing we always used to call 'nut's' when sliding a cheeky one through the legs of an opponent...or in training.

Quiet interesting how it came about...

The word arose because of a sharp practice used in nutmeg exports between America and England. Nutmegs were such a valuable commodity that unscrupulous exporters were to pull a fast one by mixing a helping of wooden replicas into the sacks being shipped to England,

Being nutmegged soon came to imply stupidity on the part of the duped victim, and cleverness on the part of the trickster. It soon caught on in football, implying that the player whose legs the ball had been played through had been tricked, or, nutmegged...

Interesting read, I like these obscure facts!

To be fair though the question was not knowing what "nutsed" meant, which threw me too and I know what nutmegging is and say nuts when it happens to me.

Not sure TBH, but I would question why we need this lad if we are signing McLaughlin permanently though.

Because he's young and talented, will gain loads from a professional clubs facilities and will be cheap as chips.

Not all signings are for the now, many for tomorrow, which is what we need to start expecting. He's hardly going to break the bank is he?

Because he's young and talented, will gain loads from a professional clubs facilities and will be cheap as chips.

Not all signings are for the now, many for tomorrow, which is what we need to start expecting. He's hardly going to break the bank is he?

Sorry, I thought he had been described as a "winger" by the OP and "a wide midfielder" by another poster.

Given that SOD doesn't appear overly keen on playing wingers or wide midfielders, and we already have Bryan, Wagstaff, Burns & McClaughlin, the latter 2 hardly getting a look in, I don't see where another one fits into the squad unless McClaughlin returns to Forest. Bobby Reid has even been used from the left in front of McClaughlin this season.

Unless SOD has a wish to play 5 a side training games, wingers v goalkeepers!!

I've not mentioned it breaking the bank either.

Sorry, I thought he had been described as a "winger" by the OP and "a wide midfielder" by another poster.

Given that SOD doesn't appear overly keen on playing wingers or wide midfielders, and we already have Bryan, Wagstaff, Burns & McClaughlin, the latter 2 hardly getting a look in, I don't see where another one fits into the squad unless McClaughlin returns to Forest. Bobby Reid has even been used from the left in front of McClaughlin this season.

Maybe he is a different type of player, as you say Mclaughlin will probably go back at the end of his loan (I was mixing him up with the young 'keeper) and judging by the clips and comments he seems a more attack minded wide player/ midfielder. It adds to the options in the squad by having more defensive and attacking players available.

I'm not professing to know anything about him other than trusting Harry and RCB's judgement. But looking at those goals he seems to have the ability to play centrally as well. So who knows?

I'm not professing to know anything about him other than trusting Harry and RCB's judgement. But looking at those goals he seems to have the ability to play centrally as well. So who knows?

Yes JT he (Forrester) can play centrally. Anywhere across the middle & in the hole. He's got two good feet, good balance etc. Familar faces in Williams, Cunningham & Mcloughlin which will help him settle no doubt. Will be very excited if Burt & SOD pull this transfer off.

"Maintain his fitness levels"

WTF does that mean? he's checking us out, or vice-versa?

I presume it's because we can't officially sign him until January 1st because he's contracted to another UEFA accredited club, but we don't want him to sign in January having not played or trained for 2 months.

Hope it works out for him. 

I can just imagine the flak he'll get and the threads on here dedicated to his name if he doesn't turn out to be the next Zinedine Zidane or Messi within the first 30 minutes.

Pfft, neither work/worked hard enough IMHO, what would they add?

(Just kidding)

Archived