IGNORED

Bristol Robins Vs Bristol Pirates

Big Red Rich

If the owner of Hull City AFC had his way......

"I honestly don't know why the fuss, why a small group are making all this fuss," Allam told BBC Radio 5 live.

"Nobody in the world will decide for me how I run my companies, certainly not a few hundred people."

He continued: "No, no, no. I will not allow that. Let us establish this - nobody questions my decisions in my business."

Frightening. What is happening to the 'beautiful game'?

If the owner of Hull City AFC had his way......

"I honestly don't know why the fuss, why a small group are making all this fuss," Allam told BBC Radio 5 live.

"Nobody in the world will decide for me how I run my companies, certainly not a few hundred people."

He continued: "No, no, no. I will not allow that. Let us establish this - nobody questions my decisions in my business."

Frightening. What is happening to the 'beautiful game'?

The bloke probably has loads of money and therefore imagines it makes him exempt from being a complete cock. Clearly it doesn't .

If Hull fans REALLY cared then they all wouldn't go to a few games until he changed his mind. Same as Cardiff fans.

We won't change names. But Hull, and Cardiff especially, are in fairly decent position whereby they'll get new fans.

A lot of the Cardiff red shirters are just bandwagon jumpers following the success of the football team. All they've really done is replace the blue few who actually stay away.

We won't change names. But Hull, and Cardiff especially, are in fairly decent position whereby they'll get new fans.

A lot of the Cardiff red shirters are just bandwagon jumpers following the success of the football team. All they've really done is replace the blue few who actually stay away.

Agree,the problem for these new club owners is when there team get relegated, (Cardiff and Hull aren't in the Prem forever) will these bandwagon fans stay supporting the club, I don't think so ;)

So, "City" is no good, because it lacks individual identity. But "Robin" is no good, cos it's not "grrrrrrr" and all powerful and mean and stuff. Like "Tiger." Or "Lions". Or "Red Devils." Or even "Pirates" (ahaaarrgghh!) Actually, that last one is a bit "Panto!" A bit silly, forget that example. So, "Robins," too sweet, too "aaah," too cute. Too low down in the food chain. We need something that immediately says, We Are Strong, Powerful, Dominant. Don't mess with us. And something inextricably linked to this city, to our, er, history, like tigers are to, er, anyway....how about:

Bristol Slave Owners.

What's not to like? Meets all the criteria. Although, possibly struggles to blend with the 'family' club and all that stuff. Just need a badge for this, now....

(Watch out for Southampton shedding their "Saints" nickname. Rubbish. Too soft, too nice, got a bit to learn down there, them "Saints)

Everywhere I've travelled in the world, the local football fans admire English football for it's history & tradition.

Interesting how quite regulalry when a foreigner takes over an English club, they want to change that tradition.

(personal comment: there isn't anything about modern football that would attract me in the slightest).

When the fans take away their ability to make executive decisions.

... and just how do you suggest that could happen?

According to last year's accounts Steve Lansdown owns 65% of the football club, Keith Dawe 15%. They will sell when they choose to.

You can yourself choose to come or not, to buy merchandise or not. Nothing else.

What we should all realise is that football, in general, is a loss making business. Clubs rely on rich owners to pump money in to keep going. The amount of money depends on which club/owner/league your in and that has always been the way.

Years ago it would have been a local business man pumping 10's to 100's of thousands in. Now a days its it billionaires pumping 10's to 100's of million in. 

As fans we don't own the club. The club is not a community project funded by the community. That means we don't have a say what goes on and the owner can do what he likes (as long as its within the law) and to be perfectly honest why shouldn't they the GIVE not invest vast amounts of money.

If the owner wants to change the shirt colour then why not lets face it the shirt changes every year anyway. Changing the name is a bit different but as one poster has already said we weren't always called Bristol City.

Archived