IGNORED

Should Del Have Been Given More Time

SecretSam

Yeah because Baldock and Davies are awful players

I cannot believe that those two signings are being used in support of McInnes.

We were not strong enough defensively or in midfield to enable us to play a 442 and yet he went out and spent big money on 2 strikers that do not have the game to play up front alone (Baldock too small, weak and a shocking first touch, Davies simply not athletic enough) and do not possess the qualities to make them an effective partnership. If we were going to go 442 then one of Taylor or Stead had to be in the team and if we remember the impressive performances at the start of the season they came when we played them both up front together.

As it is like so many managers McInnes spent a lot of money on strikers (when other areas were more of an emergency) without seeming to have any plan on how he would get them into the team or how we would get the best out of them. It is almost beyond belief that we went into a season as weak as we were in defence and midfield, yet up front we had someone of Brett Pitman's ability as 5th choice and not needed.

We can debate whether Baldock and Davies are good players (personally I have been very disappointed by Baldock), but it is surely impossible to think of those two players as intelligent signings or money well spent.

Of course he should have!

My favourite parts included not starting Bolasie instead of Woolford. A double substitution one minute before half time, allowing Millwall to have half time to plan how they'd deal with us. The games where we had 0 shots on target and finally the way he'd change a winning team, every time.

BRING BACK THE DELLEND.

The downfall of Mciness was he completely confused the players with dumbfounding tactics.

Milwall away playing 352 was just abysmal, not just because of the performance but I've never seen a side so unsure as to what they were supposed to be doing. They were lost and confused and everyone could see that.

We had decent players he didn't utilise properly....Woolford was a new player scoring goals then was INEXPLICABLY dropped. Stead didn't get a look in for months.....Anderson was signed but didn't play. Was bizarre.

The downfall of Mciness was he completely confused the players with dumbfounding tactics.

Milwall away playing 352 was just abysmal, not just because of the performance but I've never seen a side so unsure as to what they were supposed to be doing. They were lost and confused and everyone could see that.

We had decent players he didn't utilise properly....Woolford was a new player scoring goals then was INEXPLICABLY dropped. Stead didn't get a look in for months.....Anderson was signed but didn't play. Was bizarre.

Not as bizarre as signing Jody Morris.

Given that SO'D has struggled to get both decent performances and results (and we went down anyway), and that Del has apparently done OK up in Aberdeen, does anyone here think perhaps Del should have been given more time?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not an SO'D knocker, in fact I'm right behind him and think he's the man to turn us round - but is this a case that we pulled the trigger too soon?

No both him and SOD dont have a clue and a couple of dodgy results ( they were worse than us) dont change that. 

Well people say they've seen worse an I'm sure they have - esp early 80's. But, in my 20 odd years I've only seen 3 relegations and last year was pretty bad.

Never before have I turned up expecting to be so badly dicked by any old side. SOD, at least, got us more solid. It was the approach away from AG that did it for us.

Club's been on a downward spirall, on most levels, for too long but I wouldn't stop the buck at Derrick McInness.

Yeah.

I've seen him mate.

He chases after the ball, often is beaten to it by a faster defender.

He challenges for a ball, doesn't win it.

He gets the balls, loses it immediately because his "strike partner" is about 25 yards behind him by the touchline.

Oh I've also seen him miss put clean through.

Great job for the team yeah.

You may as we'll play Terry my 55 year old neighbour if you it's want a bloke up front to take away a defender...

Well l would like to hazard a guess ANY other team in this division and probably several other in the championship would love to have him,if JET goes in Jan watch him play central and score a hatful,oh and how many strikers have you ever seen score all their one one ones,we dont play to his strenghs at the mo end of

Sadly no defence what so ever for Del. like I've said, he was a likeable bloke but as a manager way way out of his depth.

I find it amazing that anyone can even begin to defend him. I think people are using our turbulent start under SOD as a way of being guided by their opinions on Del.

I find it even more amazing that anyone can try and claim Baldock and Davies were good signings. Good players? Davies yes, Baldock for me not so much. Both came at a real cost, both sick notes, didn't work as a partnership and the knock on effect from this meant we couldn't get a much needed CB. Not to mention that we literally ended up giving Pitman away because of it.

There simply isn't a case for either Del or signing Davies and Baldock.

Archived