IGNORED

Well Done The Drummers

Hartcliffe red

They are great and deserve a lot of credit.

Took my 10 y/o in there for the Dagenham game (her first time in there) as crowd would be relatively small. I warned her it would be crap view and bad  language but she's seen/heard it from other stands and wanted to try it.

Despite crap view / bad language she absolutely loved it, especially with the drummers getting the atmosphere going. Random choruses of Forza Eastenders have followed throughout the week.

She wants to go in the East End every time now - Oh well, I guess there's always the highlights to find out what actually happened at the other end of the pitch!

I absolutely applaud all efforts to get an atmosphere going at Ashton Gate, after the last few years it has got harder and harder to retain enthusiasm during games let alone be vocal and up for it!

So, well done to you guys who are trying to get behind the lads in the way you think best.

I'm just from the era when the East End was the proper East End, loud, proud and intimidating. A dark terrace where we filled the whole end and chanted non-stop.

We didn't need instruments and we had no post-goal vacuous music like 'Tom Hark' by The Piranhas etc that you hear at most grounds these days. We just wanted to go mad and mental when the City scored and end up 50 yards from where you were originally stood when the bedlam died down!

Yes, I know those times are gone in these post-Hillsborough days but I don't half miss 'em!

Guys, keep drumming, I admire your efforts from the Williams these days but you go for it and get behind the lads!

They are over powering and drum far too much. Also drumming over other songs and banging with "City" on the end at every corner or throw in...it's too much, they should join in songs that need to keep the pace right but not dictate the atmosphere.

More Ringo Starr and less John Bonham, maybe.

Oh, and if anyone does watch the clips on YouTube, they should turn the volume down a bit first!

More Ringo Starr and less John Bonham, maybe.

Oh, and if anyone does watch the clips on YouTube, they should turn the volume down a bit first!

You old fart, "Zepp," honestly, get with it, will you?! The kiddies banging the drums are not going to have a clue about Ringo or Bonzo. You've got to get up to date, old chap. Try the drummer out of JLS, or One Direction, or Union J, or one of today's top bands. Really...

You old fart, "Zepp," honestly, get with it, will you?! The kiddies banging the drums are not going to have a clue about Ringo or Bonzo. You've got to get up to date, old chap. Try the drummer out of JLS, or One Direction, or Union J, or one of today's top bands. Really...

They don't have drummers, they have drum machines. That's why they're such crap.

Oh, I don't know.

How about Ginger Baker and the drummer out of Herman's Hermits?

They don't have drummers, they have drum machines. That's why they're such crap.

A quite brilliant suggestion, here. Get a drum machine for the East End. Perhaps SL could pay for one to be incorporated into the newbuild, a permanent feature. Then the kiddies would have hands free for waving flags. I think the old East enders will support this ideal...

A quite brilliant suggestion, here. Get a drum machine for the East End. Perhaps SL could pay for one to be incorporated into the newbuild, a permanent feature. Then the kiddies would have hands free for waving flags. I think the old East enders will support this ideal...

Are you trying to get Scott Davidson back involved at the City - taking his drum machine into the EE?

Have you not heard, flags are dangerous. Maybe some of those foam hands you used to see on gladiators.

Have you not heard, flags are dangerous. Maybe some of those foam hands you used to see on gladiators.

I've been asked to stop commenting on symbols or signals, consisting of pieces of cloth attached to a pole or rope, and so am unable to respond to your point, "iScore" other than to say, I'm fully aware of the wider issues regarding the old guard on the east end, h&s conscious club officials, no-stopping yellow-zones, and atmosphere generating ultra types brandishing pieces of cloth attached to poles or ropes...

From the Atyeo it sounds like drums accompany every song now ? If used to often they lose there effect. Less is more

seems that way. I did try telling them a while back that a drum if used in the correct way can be a great addition to the atmosphere. However they continue to bang it with no musical knowledge at all. Can't keep a consistent beat going and don't know when to play it and when not to play it. A good dj knows what songs the crowd he's playing for wants to hear, he knows what will fill the floor etc. A good drummer will know when to bang the drum and when not too, will know when the crowd needs a bit of a lift etc and knows when to just let the crowd do the singing. But seems these people rather than helping the atmosphere would rather bang their drum for attention....

Archived