IGNORED

The Mem

The Joker

Let those heathens descrate the same hallowed turf where Hammond, Procter, er Mike Smith played, I don't think so !

I support the cidermen so not too bothered. I appreciate the sentiment though.

Cast the heathens aside!

I can see them coming, tail between their legs, asking to use the Gate while their pit has a new plastic roof put on the tent end (or something similar). I just hope our board say NO even if it means a few extra quid in the coffers.

A scaled down compromise following the club threatening to leave the city, and a ground that unlike the original plans, will never hold test cricket.

Great

Quite pleased about that, think test cricket should remain at the traditional grounds, not ones who cough up most to the ECB.

An amusing post from the slag forum  :laughcont:  :

WHAT THE F!? Why the hell were we invited to watch the confirmation on the screen at the Mem then!? Why the hell were we on the fkin news jumping about celebrating and had Higgs n Dunford coming in the bar hugging people n buying them drinks!!? I THOUGHT/Was led to believe that it was because WE HAD THE STADIUM! It was CONFIRMED! that's why we were CELEBRATING!! Now we're left looking like complete tits!

How many fkin hurdles have we got to go over!? That was supposed to be the last one!? But no there could still be more!? Why the hell did they let us celebrate prematurely like that!?

I'm fkin devastated with this news           

I bet the brown envelope has been spent too

super

smashing

great

Am I being naive here or does all of this strengthen SL's position?

With Bris (SL) leaving the Mem for BS3 (SL) in the summer, the sags lose a sizeable income, Bristol loses at least one of it's Sainsbury's stores and the sags lose their dream. Meanwhile, SL sits on the AV plans which would give the City a nice shiny new superstore plus the jobs it would bring (in addition to the jobs at the old smaller store), a state of the art facility and the construction jobs relating to that, housing, hotel, retail development etc etc.

I wonder if the council are getting a tad twitchy now that nothing will come of all the grand plans losing the city itself income while SL can sit quite comfortably on plan 'B' knowing that he has the answer to the council's issues (ie plan 'A')?

There are a hell of a lot of opinions on this thread. To me, wether you're gas or City, there is one overriding theme - if you want to progress, move on, improve your business, don't try do do it in Bristol. Go anywhere else in the country.

Redeveloping AG into minimum 26.5k stadium (more with safe standing) vs the g*s plans that currently consist of no valid consent to redevelop their own ground and the UWE stadium going t1ts up?

What on earth are you going on about? Both clubs AIN'T going to get new grounds, time to face reality.

Comparing the Ashton gate re development to The Blue Fews "Fall back plans" may seem like a victory.

However, when compared with the Ashton Vale project, it's more like an episode of "60 minute Make over".

Well said. Plus the club HAVE confirmed that the non match day revenue streams will be the same at ag once redeveloped as av would have been anyway. All this talk of we cant redevelop the gate was the club trying to push av through. The gate once redeveloped will be light years ahead of the mem.

Ashton Gate is Light years ahead of the Memorial Stadium as it is.

However no amounts of MDF and Dulux Paint will turn a redeveloped Ashton Gate into one of the countrys top stadiums

Anyone help with this?

Yes - no need for any equations as it is simply just funny and in no way sad. Very, very, very funny in fact!!

If they weren't such a bunch of ***** about our new stadium attempts then maybe they would have some more sympathy from us. Actually that would have been unlikely.

For all you gas reading this - remind yourselves of how sanctimonious (too big a word for them?...) you lot were when you thought you got your new stadium and how you were going to be Champions League before you knew it and then understand why most City fans find this news hilarious!!

Ashton Gate is Light years ahead of the Memorial Stadium as it is.

However no amounts of MDF and Dulux Paint will turn a redeveloped Ashton Gate into one of the countrys top stadiums

Ahem! Wickes-superstore-style, garish red cladding, if you please. As I myself ordered for the back of the Willies a while back. None of this MDF. Stylish, distinctive, classy. And cheap.

Yes - no need for any equations as it is simply just funny and in no way sad. Very, very, very funny in fact!!

If they weren't such a bunch of ***** about our new stadium attempts then maybe they would have some more sympathy from us. Actually that would have been unlikely.

For all you gas reading this - remind yourselves of how sanctimonious (too big a word for them?...) you lot were when you thought you got your new stadium and how you were going to be Champions League before you knew it and then understand why most City fans find this news hilarious!!

Okay. So, Funny - sad = Funny.

Hence, Funny = Rovers.

Mmm, it's okay. Still missing something, for me.

Can I not have, Funny - sad + thick = Rovers?

To me, it needs the 'Sad' in there. We not got any maths bods on here tonight?

Sadly this is yet another example of the ineptitude of Bristol and Bristolians. We seem to lack so many things in my opinion. The nerve, desire, drive, ambition, to go that extra bit in getting what we want. We have leaders in business and local authority who are complacent, naieve, over confident, who constantly get held up in their plans because they don't have that hard edge needed to succeed. Our own Mr Lansdown has probably been swept along by his bullish partner to make their business what it is.

The place is a backwater with a distant memory of past pioneers, we are living  in a modern world with a slow moving apathetic city. Most of our more influential people are not from these parts as shown by those opposing any new proposal, and their extra drive wins the day. I sometimes wonder if we are an experiment taking place on how much shyte a local population will take before rising up, god knows the city has had enough kicks in the tabs, with funding for this or that being taken away right at the death.

Because of our apathy, we've ended up with that prat in red trousers doing his best to close down the city.

So until we're willing to go that extra bit for what we want, (I know I've tried) we'll get what we deserve, sweet FA. And with that sweet FA we'll have some extra green party activists who are going to be getting those extra jobs created by winning the green capital bid. Mark my words there'll be even more of them shortly, still a tiny minority but with more fight and desire than the locals. 

Archived