IGNORED

One Last Song For Killa - And It's A Festive Classic

At this time of year, us Brits like to huddle together, get a bit sloshed, and sing festive songs to promote good cheer and fellowship amongst ourselves. So how about we send our departing friend, Neil Killa-pass Kilkenny on his way, with our very best festive wishes, with this adapted East-end 17 Chrimbo-classic:

"Killa if you've got to go away,

Don't think we can take the pain,

Won't you stay another day.

Oh don't leave us alone like this,

Don't you say it's the final pass,

Oh won't you stay another month...

Don't you know we've sunk too low now,

Just to go and try to throw it all away.

Thought we heard you said you love us,

That you and your bird were here to stay

We've only just begun to know you,

How you pass, and run, and fight, every day (Stay now!!)

Killa if you've got to go away,

Don't think we can take the pain,

Won't you pass, two yards square, just one more time? (Stay now!!)

(Cue chiming bells, fake snow, rosy cheeks, silly big baseball caps. Repeat til fade....)"

Got to be worth a blast at Preston? Rehearsals next Sat, 3pm-5, and Tues after, 7.45pm-9.50. East End.

East (end) 17. "Stay another Day." Chrimbo classic (but not anything like as great as Kelly Marie, but that's another story). This all goes out to Mr. British Steel.

I think the Right Honourable Les Q is a misunderstood genius.  Was he born at the wrong time?  I think he'd have been a major star of the theatre back in the 1920s or something.

Can you whistle Les Q?  People used to pay good money to watch that in the past.  And we think we've had it bad.

I think the Right Honourable Les Q is a misunderstood genius.  Was he born at the wrong time?  I think he'd have been a major star of the theatre back in the 1920s or something.

Can you whistle Les Q?  People used to pay good money to watch that in the past.  And we think we've had it bad.

Cheers, "daggers," but I was born, on Q. I can whistle, but it's singing we got to be getting right. You up for this Killa/ E17 mash I hope...

Cheers, "daggers," but I was born, on Q. I can whistle, but it's singing we got to be getting right. You up for this Killa/ E17 mash I hope...

Bloody excited about it to be honest Les Q, that, however, could dissipate pretty quickly with the wrong result this afternoon.  If it all goes pear-shaped it could see me digging out David Essex's greatest hits instead.

Bloody excited about it to be honest Les Q, that, however, could dissipate pretty quickly with the wrong result this afternoon.  If it all goes pear-shaped it could see me digging out David Essex's greatest hits instead.

If that does happen, do you reckon SOD will lead us in a rendition of "Hold me close don't let me go"?

Good lad. Yes, fingers crossed for later.

"Gonna make you a star" or "Silver dream machine," you can't go wrong with songs like that

Personally Les, I was going to sing:

Ding Dong Merrily on high, goodbye you short arsed ***ker

But, as it is the festive season and we wish all men good tidings I will be happy to sing your alternative Christmas cheer song. Baseball bat you say?

I'll just check with Dave L on the baseball bats, "screech," and get back to you on that.

The "Ding Dong Song" sounds great, I'm up for that. Excellent work. Keep them coming, the East end's going to be full of festive spirit (er, pending events between 3pm and 5 today.

Sounding good, that, "Zepp." You work on that and report back here, please

According to my rhyming dictionary, you can use "joint" and (at a stretch) "disappoint" to rhyme with "point".

If the song you're using as a base for your own ditty was published after, say, 1982, I won't be able to help, I'm afraid. My musical mind went blank after "Coda".

I think the Right Honourable Les Q is a misunderstood genius. Was he born at the wrong time? I think he'd have been a major star of the theatre back in the 1920s or something.

Can you whistle Les Q? People used to pay good money to watch that in the past. And we think we've had it bad.

You just put your lips together and blow, right?

Have we had:

Killa killa killa killa killa chameleon,

You come and go, you come and go-o.

Loving would be easy if you wore the color of my team,

red, white and...er...um...green...help!

Ok. Maybe just stick to the first bit.

I just got to be straight with you here, "non," but that's not working for me. It's a bit too like "red lorry, yellow lolly," and me tongue got all tied-up and stuck to the roof of me mouth when I tried that

According to my rhyming dictionary, you can use "joint" and (at a stretch) "disappoint" to rhyme with "point".

If the song you're using as a base for your own ditty was published after, say, 1982, I won't be able to help, I'm afraid. My musical mind went blank after "Coda".

So you'll be more than alright with Kelly Marie's 1980 disco smash "It Feels Like I'm In Love" then, "Zeppo"? Good lad!

That East17 Chrimbo classic was after 82, I'm pretty sure of that. Shame the Zepp never had a go at a Christmas number...

So you'll be more than alright with Kelly Marie's 1980 disco smash "It Feels Like I'm In Love" then, "Zeppo"? Good lad!

That East17 Chrimbo classic was after 82, I'm pretty sure of that. Shame the Zepp never had a go at a Christmas number...

I was actually trying to cue a Pointer Sisters joke Leslie, but never mind.

I just got to be straight with you here, "non," but that's not working for me. It's a bit too like "red lorry, yellow lolly," and me tongue got all tied-up and stuck to the roof of me mouth when I tried that

Not working for me either! Seemed a good idea at the time. Oh well.

PLease, fka, don't embolden him by just glibly tossing out such words as genius in relation to him. Please. It will only encourage him further.

The thought of more Les, as opposed to Les less, I mean less Les is frightening.

I've tried but afraid I cant get past or better the lyrics written by Sean himself,

goes something like ......

You Scumbag...

You Maggot...

You Cheap Lousy Meatball..

Merry Christmas You Arse...

I hope its your last!

(must point out the last line is a bit harsh but nothing else rhymes except pass & killa wouldn't know that one)

Archived