IGNORED

What Kind Of Signal Does This Send Out

Antman

so you're a player thinking of re-signing, when the chairman decides it's time to sack staff and drop the manager over financial demands.

Send Rougier on his way as 'a luxury', after DW wanted to keep him?

talk of interviewing Tinman as an option?

hopeless management AGAIN

jeez

:clap:

it's probably the best time to sack a manager and appoint another in football. everyone knows how the players reacted to john ward's leaving and we wouldn't want that happen if we had had a bad start to the season. it'll give the new manager time to make changes, and the players to get used to the situation. it'll also give the out of contract players to decide whether they want to give their all for city or not, if not then they leave.

It's not bad timing at all, there is never a "good time" to sack a manager, but this must come to the closest you can have. It means there is no frantic rush to get a manager in that wouldn't be the best available choice. And after they are appointed the squad can adapt to their coaching stlye.

I'm just wondering where all this leaves our financial situation.

Clearly we're going to make a low-key, possibly internal appointment. But where is the money for new players?

Can we afford to renew 7 contracts?

If we don't go up next season, will we truley be in the financial s h i t?

My concerns exactly.

My comments weren't about DW's departure.

more to do with then sacking other staff members and talking of an internal appointment.

at the end of it I'm just peed off right now, and this doesn't help.

I don't want to go back to the dark days of hearing about saving money all the time whilst watching rubbish football, with our good players walking out because of the lack of ambition.

grrrrrrrr.......

Guest Pjj171086
Can we afford to renew 7 contracts?

Shout at me if i'm wrong,

but i think that the new contracts will reduce the wage bill as the terms offered are reductions on the players previous contracts

Shout at me if i'm wrong,

but i think that the new contracts will reduce the wage bill as the terms offered are reductions on the players previous contracts

You're right.

But nevertheless, 7 contracts still means more outlay in cash on the playing side and players like Bell and Peacock will still be on nice wages (for them) compared to what the youngsters will be on.

We are cutting costs via Brian Jones and Buster to be fair.

Archived