IGNORED

The Ashes Thread

Dolman Block B

I have a bad feeling that the Aussies are going to turn us over in this series, despite there only being 2 of their players (by my reckoning- Clarke & Harris) that would make our first 11. Should be a good in though, I have a few mates going over to watch various tests, not jealous in the slightest...

I think this series will be very close, Ryan Harris is a class act, Johnson seems to have found some form although not sure how long it will last. I just think these pitches will suit or batsmen more and we will just edge it.

Their batting line up isn't strong enough.

Drawn series or England sneak a win.

I do tend to agree with the Australian view of cook's captaincy though. He struggles to find a plan b

no but our batting line up makes too many mastakes and for some reason they keep trying to play the sweep shot,

The last series we were never really bowled out we got ourselfs out most of the time, which is the most frustrating part of watching england bat,

We could do with a geoffry boycott at number 4 imo

• Admin

I reckon 2-2, can't see many draws

Can't see many ?

You are predicting 4 out of 5

Reckon we will be ok on this tour, the Aussie's aren't really a cricketing force anymore, as others put above it is all about us getting ourselves out

PS Still think Compo should be out there!

no but our batting line up makes too many mastakes and for some reason they keep trying to play the sweep shot,

The last series we were never really bowled out we got ourselfs out most of the time, which is the most frustrating part of watching england bat,

We could do with a geoffry boycott at number 4 imo

I am quite happy with the batting line up tbh. Really hope Carberry plays his natural game which is to be aggressive. Fully expecting Prior to be back in the runs as well, he is far to good a batsmen to have another poor series.

Can't see many ?

Reckon we will be ok on this tour, the Aussie's aren't really a cricketing force anymore, as others put above it is all about us getting ourselves out

Eh?

I am quite happy with the batting line up tbh. Really hope Carberry plays his natural game which is to be aggressive. Fully expecting Prior to be back in the runs as well, he is far to good a batsmen to have another poor series.

I agree they aren't poor batsmen but they get themselfs out instead of being bowled out, our batsmen go about it as if its a one day game looking to smash 300 runs from 50 overs (thats the feeling I've got recently), Test match is a 5 day game and about score building, only Thre of our current bats men I feel are capable of this Cook, Bell and Trott and in the last seris cook and trott were poor so I find it no coincadance that our batting let us down alot in that series,

I've not seen enough of carberry to be honest but he could be the old head that anchors our top order together

Can't see many ?

To paraphrase Bruce Forsyth, "you don't get anything for a draw young man". I think he reckons we'll win two tests and Australia will win two tests with the 5th drawn.

I don't think there'll be many draws either- Australian summer and good batting pitches mean decent rate of scoring. The first test is key for the convicts; they need to win it to have a chance of the series IMO

As traitorous as it sounds I like Australia and was rooting for them in their recent ODI series with India (simply because I don't like India) but hopefully we'll beat them with relative ease in their own backyard maybe 2 or 3-0. Their bowling attack is half decent but their batting line-up is questionable.

Watching the interviews on Sky Sports with the Aussie players made me laugh they way they are so arrogant and it would be nice to ram it straight down there media outlets throats who clearly have tried and failed to get to Broady.

BARMY ARMY :englandflag:

As traitorous as it sounds I like Australia and was rooting for them in their recent ODI series with India (simply because I don't like India) but hopefully we'll beat them with relative ease in their own backyard maybe 2 or 3-0. Their bowling attack is half decent but their batting line-up is questionable.

Watching the interviews on Sky Sports with the Aussie players made me laugh they way they are so arrogant and it would be nice to ram it straight down there media outlets throats who clearly have tried and failed to get to Broady.

BARMY ARMY :englandflag:

That's like wanting Rovers to win!!

That's like wanting Rovers to win!!

Not really, I dislike India because they have too much swaying power within the ICC. Not having DRS is one thing but refusing to play other countries away with DRS then throwing a paddy about it so they don't have to is another and that's why I plumped for Australia then.

As much as I want England to win 5-0, it wont be a stroll in the park.. Australia ran England close over here and should've picked up 2 wins if it wasn't for the weather in one test and Broads magic spell in the other.. 3-0 was a little flattering for us although very sweet.

Not really, I dislike India because they have too much swaying power within the ICC. Not having DRS is one thing but refusing to play other countries away with DRS then throwing a paddy about it so they don't have to is another and that's why I plumped for Australia then.

As much as I want England to win 5-0, it wont be a stroll in the park.. Australia ran England close over here and should've picked up 2 wins if it wasn't for the weather in one test and Broads magic spell in the other.. 3-0 was a little flattering for us although very sweet.

Fair enough mate, I actually Like Dhoni the way he won that World Cup for India being Captain and having that pressure on him was immense.

3 hours to the first ball - it's a right laugh being here when we come to visit!

Australia are well up for this.

KP has been slagged to buggery in every form of media, just to mess with his head. Him and Cooky will need to knuckle down.

Huge doubts over Matty Prior - calf strain, has more tape on him than a sparky!

Highly unlikely to get a result - weather forecast is for storms and high wind for the next 5 days.

Take the draw, its at $2.85 atm here - well over the odds. The weather in Brisbane has been rain/storm/hail/rain for a week.

If a full game goes ahead - England easily - as long as they can hold out Ryan Harris until he starts to tire - he's in the best shape of his career atm.

Bloody boxing day Test in Melbourne - be there with my finest Crusader gear - and BCFC flag. Then home for a break!

Can assure you fella much rather be there than here!!! Be loud

Fair enough mate, I actually Like Dhoni the way he won that World Cup for India being Captain and having that pressure on him was immense.

Don't get me wrong India have some fantastic players and their support is fanatical bordering lunatic fringe but is first class. I just think the powers that be within India have far too much power and seem to dictate how they want the modern game played.

Rant time

Batting wickets. Ruining test cricket. This has 450 plus written all over it. Nothing for the bowlers.

Test cricket is about contests. Bowl well you'll take wickets bat well you'll score runs.

Thing is though, this Aussie line up needs a batting pitch as they're batsman have big weakness' on show, Broad will still get enough from this to test Clarke with the short ball for example, Watson is always vulnerable to the LBW/edge behind, so even a little can do a lot so to say. 

Archived