IGNORED

The Ashes Thread

Dolman Block B

Crazy decision to play two ashes tours so close together, R5 was reporting last night that England have played more tests recently than any other nation. Still poor to fold that easily, but ashes series 3 months apart!!

And we're playing them again in 2015, bit  of an overkill ?

Cook cannot be dropped. He's far too good a batsman (normally). I've lost all patience with Pietersen.

Stokes looks a decent prospect and we could do with the Trott of old.

I agree about stokes

But watch the way he got out today!!! Sums up the whole tour

Its TEST cricket To many of the England batsman gave their wicket away to cheep

We have 5 one Dayers we are better at that??!!!

I love cricket more than football but even I can barely care about these one dayers.  The England team have performed disgracefully I agree with Michael Vaughan that they gave up today.

The only reason I will be watching the one dayer highlights is to see how the likes of Danny Briggs performs. 

Crazy decision to play two ashes tours so close together, R5 was reporting last night that England have played more tests recently than any other nation. Still poor to fold that easily, but ashes series 3 months apart!!

3 months apart, hasn't effected the Aussies though!

I bet that if England had won this series as well, no one would have even mentioned how close the two series were!

Just my opinion, but however bad this tour has been it doesn't out do all the good Flower has done for the England team. Give him the summer to see if he can get England back to winning ways.

I've said for a while but some of the squad has to go and start a rebuilding process, KP to go, Carberry to go, Prior too and maybe Bell although i'm not sure there.

Bring in the likes of James Taylor, I'd give Gary Ballance another chance, give Root a number and stick to it! If he opens new middle order guy (maybe Taylor) if he's 5/6 then either Compton for a year or 2 (like before Carberry needs to go, Compton was more impressive in his spell as opener imo, he was playing for a place in the side and throwing the bat as an opener) before someone like Sam Robson, or go for a Varun Chopra/Alex Hales, records not as impressive but hope they can make the step up.

Just my opinion, but however bad this tour has been it doesn't out do all the good Flower has done for the England team. Give him the summer to see if he can get England back to winning ways.

I've said for a while but some of the squad has to go and start a rebuilding process, KP to go, Carberry to go, Prior too and maybe Bell although i'm not sure there.

Bring in the likes of James Taylor, I'd give Gary Ballance another chance, give Root a number and stick to it! If he opens new middle order guy (maybe Taylor) if he's 5/6 then either Compton for a year or 2 (like before Carberry needs to go, Compton was more impressive in his spell as opener imo, he was playing for a place in the side and throwing the bat as an opener) before someone like Sam Robson, or go for a Varun Chopra/Alex Hales, records not as impressive but hope they can make the step up.

Bit harsh on Carb's he was by no means our worst batter & deserves a chance against SL & India, not a lot older than Compo.

I think Bell has to stay and agree about Prior and KP. Will be interesting to see if Trott's illness is reserved for away trips only or is similar to Tresco's, if he recovers then will hold down no.3 spot with Bell 4 Root 5 Buttler 6 Stokes 7 Broad 8 Finn 9 Anderson 10 & Monty 11

Archived