IGNORED

City 3 Cardiff 0 - New Years Day 2011

Eco

Just been reading Craig Bellamy's autobiog, interesting City-related titbit. Chopra was in full gambling mode at the time, at HT one of the Cardiff coaches hid his mobile so he could concentrate on the team talk rather than the horses, Chopra went ballistic and refused to go out for second half until the phone was 'found'

We did play rather well that day but it may be that a certain Cardiff player's mind was elsewhere.

I remember a crunching tackle by skuse on bellamy in the first few minutes set the benchmark for a great

display that day as bellamy and Cardiff did not want to know after always thought skuse was better at RB

good goal by Campbell-ryce that day as well which shows how bad Cardiff were.

Bellamy was very poor on the day though. Twice early in the first half he didn't bother supporting his left back and Jon Stead was worked clear and managed to put in great crosses for the first two goals. If I remember correctly Skuse went off just after half time and Bellamy did no better against Ribero.

A very enjoyable day - can't wait for it to happen again....

team that day, only Marv still here.

• 01 James
  • 22 Nyatanga
  • 36 Caulker
  • 07 Elliott
  • 08 Johnson
  • 14 Skuse (Ribeiro 52)
  • 20 Campbell-Ryce
  • 21 Cisse
  • 27 Adomah(Sproule 77)
  • 30 Stead (Clarkson 88)
  • 34 Pitman

Substitutes

• 12 Gerken,
  • 05 Stewart,
  • 19 Ribeiro,
  • 23 Edwards,
  • 17 Sproule,
  • 09 Clarkson,
  • 11 Haynes

Bellamy was very poor on the day though. Twice early in the first half he didn't bother supporting his left back and Jon Stead was worked clear and managed to put in great crosses for the first two goals. If I remember correctly Skuse went off just after half time and Bellamy did no better against Ribero.

A very enjoyable day - can't wait for it to happen again....

:facepalm:

Archived