IGNORED

Carey..

prankerd

Hopefully not dosen't deserve it IMO, Atyeo by far and away a bigger legend and icon for the club.

I really don't understand this argument, If Louis were to get there (looking unlikely now) then he would do so on merit. Being the highest ever appearance maker doesn't suddenly defame Atyeo or displace him as City's greatest ever player.

Carey has literally given blood for this club, played in several different generations of City teams and been instrumental in the greatest days we've had since the Dicks era...

There's only one sentence or phrase that really sums up Louis. 

LOUIS IS GOD.

Carey may have left a couple of years ago - do we know for certain who's actually underneath that beard?

If it might be a yeti infiltrator, for example, would it really be acceptable to for him to break Atyeo's record?

I don't think so.  :nono:

The appearance record is simply that...an appearance record, i dont think it would take anything away from the

Great John Ayteo's achievements with this club and Ingerland, if Carey does manage to equal or break the record

what does it prove ?  We must remember that times have moved on since Atyoe last played, players are fitter, they

have better treatment etc. etc.....I Know staying faithful to one club abliet a minor indiscretion on Carey's part

is commendable but i think these records are there to be broken.....and if this one is it wont chang my opinion on Mr Atyeo

thats my two pennys worth..

I really don't understand this argument, If Louis were to get there (looking unlikely now) then he would do so on merit. Being the highest ever appearance maker doesn't suddenly defame Atyeo or displace him as City's greatest ever player.

Carey has literally given blood for this club, played in several different generations of City teams and been instrumental in the greatest days we've had since the Dicks era...

LOUIS IS GOD.

I don't ordinarily go in for rude insults, but you are a twonk at times.

LOUIS IS GOD.

Thank you for your input,Louis ,now careful with that barbecue .

LOUIS IS GOD.

I fear an Abrahamic split here, with different factions claiming different "gods." The old timers with Atyeo, not-quite-so-old timers with Gow, now younger sorts with their "Louis" god. The future can only mean war, crusades, persecution, fatwas, beards, bombs, and devout festivals turning into piss-ups and shopping orgies. Dear god...

LOUIS IS GOD.

it's not an argument, it's a personal opinion (there was a clue to that in my post) I haven't added any insults about Carey and never would because he has been an incredible servant especially in the context of the modern game, lucky to get 12 months last season and unbelievable that he got 12 months this season again IMO, I watched John Atyeo for 10 years IMO the 2 do not compare IMO.

it's not an argument, it's a personal opinion (there was a clue to that in my post) I haven't added any insults about Carey and never would because he has been an incredible servant especially in the context of the modern game, lucky to get 12 months last season and unbelievable that he got 12 months this season again IMO, I watched John Atyeo for 10 years IMO the 2 do not compare IMO.

Indeed, a person would be mad to compare the two.

Atyeo was a class above and could've been even greater had he wanted to become a full pro; Carey has been a good long-term servant of the club, who has put in plenty of good performances over the years and never plays with less than 100% guts.

Indeed, a person would be mad to compare the two.

Atyeo was a class above and could've been even greater had he wanted to become a full pro; Carey has been a good long-term servant of the club, who has put in plenty of good performances over the years and never plays with less than 100% guts.

Absolutely, however I do understand that fans who never saw Atyeo play would feel the love that they have for Carey and Tinnion for that matter, but after all is said and done Atyeo is the only one of the 3 who actually proved he could have made the grade at higher level.

Gerry Gow is my favourite BCFC player of all time but John Atyeo is Mr Bristol City.

He'd better break the bloody record. He's only about 3 or 4 games short isn't he? If he doesn't play that many games between now and the end of the season, whoever decided to give him a contract in the summer wants a good hard rogering.

He'd better break the bloody record. He's only about 3 or 4 games short isn't he? If he doesn't play that many games between now and the end of the season, whoever decided to give him a contract in the summer wants a good hard rogering.

We know the answer to that from SO'D's recent Q&A.

He said the board didn't want to sign him, but SO'D said he thought they were wrong.

Very surprisingly in that situation - to me, anyway - SO'D evidently prevailed, and so of course it's almost certain Atyeo's record will go.

Carey may have left a couple of years ago - do we know for certain who's actually underneath that beard?

If it might be a yeti infiltrator, for example, would it really be acceptable to for him to break Atyeo's record?

I don't think so.  :nono:

And he does seem to have let himself go a bit...

Louis Carey at training, yesterday

Lemmy.jpg

We know the answer to that from SO'D's recent Q&A.

He said the board didn't want to sign him, but SO'D said he thought they were wrong.

Very surprisingly in that situation - to me, anyway - SO'D evidently prevailed, and so of course it's almost certain Atyeo's record will go.

Well SoD's only got himself to blame then for using a wage and gambling on the players availability. Carey maybe fantastic in the dressing room and working wonders with the youngsters??? But if SoD wanted to employ him as such couldn't he have been given a non playing contract, or is that just more jobs or the boys I thought we were moving away from.

Archived