IGNORED

Memories, And How Things Have Changed

Roadrunner

Growing up in North London and supporting Tottenham I went to the Tottenham game in 67 - cost 10p to get in at he boys entrance stood behind the goal at the Paxton Road end.

Always got to the ground early arrived just after 12 for a 3.00 pm kickoff as only a boy and had to get too the front,

Use to earn 15 bob  (75p in new money doing a paper round ) so not an expensive day out.

Remember doing Derby away similar era on a football special 50p return from St Pancras -quite lively to say the least .

Just to be a pedant Spurs didn't do the double that year but they won the Cup beating Chelsea in the final.

Remember doing Derby away similar era on a football special 50p return from St Pancras -quite lively to say the least .

Just to be a pedant Spurs didn't do the double that year but they won the Cup beating Chelsea in the final.

Well, that's memories for you, "Ab," and how they can change, with the years

My dad took me on the supporters coach to the Spurs game in 1967. Traffic was horrendous and we didn't get to the game until it was well under way. I didn't get the greatest view of the match but I remember the penalties at both ends. Ford had his saved by Pat Jennings but the ref said he'd moved too early so ordered a re-take. For some reason, Crowe took the second pen and put it horribly wide. Shame because that would have made it 1-1 instead Greaves scored a pen in the last minute to make it 2-0.

Thousands went from Bristol that day. Thanks for reminding me of it.

My dad took me on the supporters coach to the Spurs game in 1967. Traffic was horrendous and we didn't get to the game until it was well under way. I didn't get the greatest view of the match but I remember the penalties at both ends. Ford had his saved by Pat Jennings but the ref said he'd moved too early so ordered a re-take. For some reason, Crowe took the second pen and put it horribly wide. Shame because that would have made it 1-1 instead Greaves scored a pen in the last minute to make it 2-0.

Thousands went from Bristol that day. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Estimated 15k, all round the ground,took their end , seven or eight special trains !

Archived