IGNORED

Matt Heywood

Big Red Rich

Are you crazy? Flint was superb today, won everything. Just because he scores an OG that 9/10 times happens from that situation doesn't automatically override his performance into a bad one

you were watching a completely different game to me although he wasnt awful he wasn't superb as you say average id say! Still game of opinions!

Are you crazy? Flint was superb today, won everything. Just because he scores an OG that 9/10 times happens from that situation doesn't automatically override his performance into a bad one

Must admit those posting on here that think he was the reason we lost can't have been at the game.

Was it Flint who missed that one on one with the keeper in the first half?

Disallowed a perfectly valid goal late on?

Was he responsible for our anaemic midfield?

None of those actually. He was ok, the guy sat next to me said he was his MoM but I preferred Osborne but anyone slagging him off should be looking elsewhere for their scapegoats..

Didn't matt Heywood get player of the season for us?

Surely not, he was also very average,not as bad as some we have had, but player of the season material?!! I know we have had some shite seasons, but not bad enough for him to get it surely?

I'm sure he mustered under 30 appearances for us

Edit had to check, but the time he was here Lita and Brooker would have got those honours

Buying defenders from Swindon; we all hope we're getting the next Shaun Taylor but sadly we've got the next Matt Heywood.

He's far superior to Heywood.

As for Shaun Taylor, no, he doesn't compare, but Taylor was a hardened, veteran professional by the time we saw him at City.

Taylor was a late starter to professional football. At Flint's age he had just joined his first league club after years in non league.

He went on to become a diamond - Flint has followed a similar career path so far and may yet prove to be an excellent signing as his experience and maturity grow.

How many games did he play last season? Part of a team doing more things right than wrong last year. Reckon he can do better than we have seen thus far. Room and time for improvement. If you look at our goals conceded this has improved considerably. Flint has played a part in this

He played in most of their games after pdc left, when they started shipping goals left right and centre. He was mostly a sub when swindon were playing well.

He played in most of their games after pdc left, when they started shipping goals left right and centre. He was mostly a sub when swindon were playing well.

Then the people who need to be called to account are those that decided to buy him, and pay over the odds, if that's the case here. And one of them was sat in a pub a week ago, answering everything put to him. By punters.

If he was pish for Swindon, go ask sod why, next time he does a q&a. Go with the stats, he'll respond to that

Then the people who need to be called to account are those that decided to buy him, and pay over the odds, if that's the case here. And one of them was sat in a pub a week ago, answering everything put to him. By punters.

If he was pish for Swindon, go ask sod why, next time he does a q&a. Go with the stats, he'll respond to that

He may grow into a decent player I guess. There must be something about him other than being tall and being able to get his head to a ball.... not that I have seen much else than that.

SOD has been quoted as saying he wouldn't have spent 300k on him. Which should really get alarm bells ringing.

It would have made more sense as a reply if the OP had made any reference to yesterday's game... he didn't it was a general observation, so it appears pete decided to comment on something completely different!

Calling him the next Matt Heywood implies pretty strongly he didn't think much of him today.

Calling him the next Matt Heywood implies pretty strongly he didn't think much of him today.

Or doesn't think much of him in general. I don't see anything in his post that says because he scored a og that he was poor today.

He is decidedly average much like Heywood. Having checked the goal out, he clearly took his eye off the ball. That could have been out of a corner or throw in. So as much as he may have had a good game.... he has gone and cost us again by poor decision making.

I think the OP is right. Average player at best. Hope he can develop into something better. But apart from domination in the air, I think his positioning, pace, organisation and decision making are all highly suspect. He has time to improve if they get the right player along side him.

Considering Heywood joined Bristol City for the security, his professional downfall was quite sad.

I've watched Bristol City a fair few times this season and I still squirm when I see Flint on the ball (in fairness I've been watching his game for a bit longer). Sadly for you guys, thus far, I've not seen any improvement within Flint's game since arriving at Bristol City. Of course, that's just my opinion which as Swindon fan on here counts for very little. . 

O'Driscoll was right in the summer, Flint isn't the finished article and does have potential but when you've got a seemingly few defensive options like Bristol City when do you start asking Flint step up? 

He only became truly reliable at Swindon once veteran Darren Ward came in. 

Buying defenders from Swindon; we all hope we're getting the next Shaun Taylor but sadly we've got the next Matt Heywood.

I sincerely apologise Aden, turns out we may well have signed Shaun Taylor mk II after all. To be fair though I didn't slag off signing Wilbraham so I guess that makes me even!!

Archived