IGNORED

One Word - Wasteful

ciderbeans

Nope, after his debut against Cardiff last season I thought we had a gem. He looked like Michael Owen with his movement and pace and finishing ability. Turns out he's dog-mess. I'd bang him on the transfer list in January because there's no point in him being here anymore.

We don't commit people, we don't attack with a real plan or purpose. I am a huge fan of SOD, I really am. I just don't know if it's going to work here. It's taking a very long time to bare any fruits, and I just don't think we have the patience within the fanbase to really give a guy long enough to bed in a plan unless it provides half decent results. That's fair enough tbh, we should be at least mid-table. Thing that really annoys me is that our performances at the start of the season deserved so much more than we got. If we could have got what we deserved early on we'd be flying. 

I did as well. His movement against Cardiff that day was superb. Whether he felt the need to show that extra desire and willing was because it was his debut I don't know? Ever since he has looked bang average though. In all honesty my Missus' cousin's 2 year old daughter runs with more purpose and intent than Baldock. I get the argument about not playing to his strengths but that's not an excuse for missing easy chances on a regular basis. Why oh why is he captain as well!?

I never rated Pitman as much as some on here used to, but seriously what the **** was McInnes doing literally giving him away to Bmouth for nothing?? I could have justified it if Baldock was any good. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but deary me his transfer dealings were an absolute travesty.

That has and always will be my main criticism about how we play under SoD. No width....ever!! No pace and 'plan B' is always throw Harewood on (which by the way never ever works) so why not try something different?? I want to see Burns involved more. I don't believe that's down to blind faith either. I genuinely believe the boy has something different and could offer something we need. He showed more desire and movement off the ball in 5mins against Crawley than Baldock has all season. I want to be patient with SoD but it's hard at the moment. The trouble is it doesn't seem as if there's a lot of light at the end of the tunnel at the moment. I rate the guy but it might just be the wrong time? I don't know what to think anymore.

Again not privvy to any of the details of his loan arrangement with us or his wages at NF, but lets be honest, a kid from Ireland is hardly going to be on Ibrahimovic wages. If we're bringing him in long term it makes perfect sense, he has longer under OUR coaching.

Well he's not a kid from Ireland (although he is Irish!), he's a kid from Nottingham Forest , who SOD has signed before. Granted, he may not earn a fortune, but at the moment, he's a drain on resources as far as I can see. But SOD is happy to have 5 goalkeepers on the books so maybe it's all part of the masterplan.

I did as well. His movement against Cardiff that day was superb. Whether he felt the need to show that extra desire and willing was because it was his debut I don't know? Ever since he has looked bang average though. In all honesty my Missus' cousin's 2 year old daughter runs with more purpose and intent than Baldock. I get the argument about not playing to his strengths but that's not an excuse for missing easy chances on a regular basis. Why oh why is he captain as well!?

I never rated Pitman as much as some on here used to, but seriously what the **** was McInnes doing literally giving him away to Bmouth for nothing?? I could have justified it if Baldock was any good. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but deary me his transfer dealings were an absolute travesty.

That has and always will be my main criticism about how we play under SoD. No width....ever!! No pace and 'plan B' is always throw Harewood on (which by the way never ever works) so why not try something different?? I want to see Burns involved more. I don't believe that's down to blind faith either. I genuinely believe the boy has something different and could offer something we need. He showed more desire and movement off the ball in 5mins against Crawley than Baldock has all season. I want to be patient with SoD but it's hard at the moment. The trouble is it doesn't seem as if there's a lot of light at the end of the tunnel at the moment. I rate the guy but it might just be the wrong time? I don't know what to think anymore.

Well our plan B today was to go three at the back pushing Moloney and Cunningham up. We looked better for it, but still had little threat.. Today just looked like two poor sides.. At one point I realised I was composing a shopping list in my head to get on the way home and not even paying attention to the game.. It was that poor.

Seems to me that England and City are similarly styled teams. Watching both is painful.

All well and good concentrating on possession but unless you are fast, incisive and highly skilled in the final third enough to rip a packed and we'll ordered defence apart you might as we'll just go for route 1. It's about number of clear cut chances created not amount of possession in unthreatening areas Mr SoD.

Patently obvious we have not got the final third players to create a successful side using these tactics. Plan B required but I fear he's not for moving which ultimately be his downfall unless the Board are prepared to let us flirt with the Conference.

In a team where not many are created, you need a striker to put them away on the occasion he does get a chance. Baldock simply isn't good enough, but he is the best we have which is worrying. The fact we payed a million for him is laughable, I'd give him a lift to any new club if they offered half of that.

Well our plan B today was to go three at the back pushing Moloney and Cunningham up. We looked better for it, but still had little threat.. Today just looked like two poor sides.. At one point I realised I was composing a shopping list in my head to get on the way home and not even paying attention to the game.. It was that poor.

Haha that's how bad it's got!! Shopping lists over footie!!

Still Harewood came on and the inevitable happened....nothing!

He does need a big man up top with him for sure. Maybe remove the captaincy from him? Why he is captain I don't know. It just worries me that he has and continues to miss easy chances at crucial times. I expect better for a 1 million pound striker.

There's usually a little bit of excitement and anticipation when your forward is through with only the goalie to beat. Unfortunately Baldock instills nothing but a mild curiosity as to which foot he will use to hit the keeper.

There's usually a little bit of excitement and anticipation when your forward is through with only the goalie to beat. Unfortunately Baldock instills nothing but a mild curiosity as to which foot he will use to hit the keeper.

Exactly.

He is far from clinical so what is his main attribute?? He hasn't got one as far as I can see. Hasn't got any pace, no touch, average work rate, always offside....and to top it off he's captain!!

Most teams in this division have at least one better striker than him on the books.

Exactly.

He is far from clinical so what is his main attribute?? He hasn't got one as far as I can see. Hasn't got any pace, no touch, average work rate, always offside....and to top it off he's captain!!

Most teams in this division have at least one better striker than him on the books.

MK Dongs for 150k in January anyone? Almost as if a move is being manufactured.

Like others thought we'd got a good'un on the basis of his substitute performance against Cardiff but for months been trying to see what he's bringing to the party. strikers need at least 2 attributes pick from poacher, headers, wonder strikes, penalty box all rounder, one on one taker, chance provider. I'm struggling whether he has any of these at the moment.

There's something about him that makes me think he should be good but patience is running thin.

MK Dongs for 150k in January anyone? Almost as if a move is being manufactured.

Like others thought we'd got a good'un on the basis of his substitute performance against Cardiff but for months been trying to see what he's bringing to the party. strikers need at least 2 attributes pick from poacher, headers, wonder strikes, penalty box all rounder, one on one taker, chance provider. I'm struggling whether he has any of these at the moment.

There's something about him that makes me think he should be good but patience is running thin.

I really don't take pleasure in being critical of players and I am often more patient than most but my patience really is wearing very thin with Baldock. Only for so long can the whole 'service' or lack of, be used to protect him. This is our captain by the way. Absolutely no fight in him.

The plan was "not to lose".

SOD said as much earlier this week.

Negative outlook which will get negative results.

Ridiculous isn't it. And against a team who haven't won in 11 away games? A team who were below us in the table. And we were at home.

When you set up not to lose yet still do then you're doing something wrong.

It's quite evidently not right.I think we are making progress but there appears to be a fundamental problem.Is it the coach ? I don't know the answer.

It was n't a heavy defeat ,they did n't even score ,the pity is neither did we.

where the hell is the progress ww are playing more shite now then ever before the only progress is we are progressing to L2 

where the hell is the progress ww are playing more shite now then ever before the only progress is we are progressing to L2 

Indeed it's all about progress.  We can all stomach losses and disappointments, but it's the sense of nothing developing that is most debilitating.

That's why a few weeks ago I couldn't help but compare us with Oldham.  There was a man in the same job, for less time and with their own problems and yet, he's managed to implant some sort of playing philosophy on his team.  You could see what they were trying to do.  We don't have that; it just seems a mess.

What has SOD been doing all this time?

Archived