IGNORED

My New Digital Radio- And That Nasty Neil Warnock!

Yes, an early Christmas present from the Lady. The radio, that is. So, up early as ever and I managed to get it working this morning, tuned it in, all set to catch the Today programme, when I came across something called 'Talk, Sport.' Marvelling at the wonders of modern, digital technology, I thought I would see what this Aussie radio station had to say about England's shambolic cricket team and the fall out from that first test.

However, imagine my surprise, when none other than that beastly Mr Neil Warnock was on there, talking about football, on an Australian radio station! When they're tonking us in the cricket down there! Well, it just goes to show, it's a small world, and Mr Scudamore really has spread his premier brand right round the world. Top marks, Richard. Well done.

Anyhow, instead of the anticipated crowing over the cricket, it was all football. And Mr Warnock had some interesting things to say regarding our own, current, predicament. Indirectly, of course. I doubt those cobbers are much interested in our League One difficulties. Not even Richard could pull that off. So, Neil starts banging on about new coaches/managers finding a system to suit the players you have, when you start, not expecting them to fit your system. Now, I appreciate our SOd has chosen enough of his own players by now, but not poor Baldock. So it got me wondering if the old SOd is at fault, here. He really is out of sorts, a square peg and all that...

Then, a little later, a Tottenham fan calls, all the way from England(!) to ask Neil how you get a group of new players to gel, as it seems Mr VB (isn't that an Aussie beer?) is struggling to get his new bunch going, too. Well, Neil's answer involved a few things it is difficult to imagine our grumpy sOd giving a go. Neil's suggestion was that sometimes, "you've got to throw all the coaching manuals away"(!) and "do something different"(!) This, Neil added, might include, "putting your arm around them," or, try this, "having a laugh, sometimes." This Warnock really is a nutter! Dear me. Then he went on about taking the players to Chinese restaurants and so on. It's a wonder he managed all those promotions with unusual "decision-making" like that. Still, it takes all sods...

After this, even that Barry Hearn's son came on, talking about boxing, and not sounding at all concerned about his Os coming West tomorrow. No talking up the opposition.

Anyway, sorry to let any of those, secretly hoping that Neil Walnock will come to our rescue, know that we've got no hope. Not while he's half a world away, enjoying some winter sun.

And that 'Talk, Sport,' what they think they're doing giving travel info for the M1 and M25, I just don't know. The world's gone mad...

Yes, an early Christmas present from the Lady. The radio, that is. So, up early as ever and I managed to get it working this morning, tuned it in, all set to catch the Today programme, when I came across something called 'Talk, Sport.' Marvelling at the wonders of modern, digital technology, I thought I would see what this Aussie radio station had to say about England's shambolic cricket team and the fall out from that first test.

However, imagine my surprise, when none other than that beastly Mr Neil Warnock was on there, talking about football, on an Australian radio station! When they're tonking us in the cricket down there! Well, it just goes to show, it's a small world, and Mr Scudamore really has spread his premier brand right round the world. Top marks, Richard. Well done.

Anyhow, instead of the anticipated crowing over the cricket, it was all football. And Mr Warnock had some interesting things to say regarding our own, current, predicament. Indirectly, of course. I doubt those cobbers are much interested in our League One difficulties. Not even Richard could pull that off. So, Neil starts banging on about new coaches/managers finding a system to suit the players you have, when you start, not expecting them to fit your system. Now, I appreciate our SOd has chosen enough of his own players by now, but not poor Baldock. So it got me wondering if the old SOd is at fault, here. He really is out of sorts, a square peg and all that...

Then, a little later, a Tottenham fan calls, all the way from England(!) to ask Neil how you get a group of new players to gel, as it seems Mr VB (isn't that an Aussie beer?) is struggling to get his new bunch going, too. Well, Neil's answer involved a few things it is difficult to imagine our grumpy sOd giving a go. Neil's suggestion was that sometimes, "you've got to throw all the coaching manuals away"(!) and "do something different"(!) This, Neil added, might include, "putting your arm around them," or, try this, "having a laugh, sometimes." This Warnock really is a nutter! Dear me. Then he went on about taking the players to Chinese restaurants and so on. It's a wonder he managed all those promotions with unusual "decision-making" like that. Still, it takes all sods...

After this, even that Barry Hearn's son came on, talking about boxing, and not sounding at all concerned about his Os coming West tomorrow. No talking up the opposition.

Anyway, sorry to let any of those, secretly hoping that Neil Walnock will come to our rescue, know that we've got no hope. Not while he's half a world away, enjoying some winter sun.

And that 'Talk, Sport,' what they think they're doing giving travel info for the M1 and M25, I just don't know. The world's gone mad...

Les Q...Do you not feel a little dirty and defiled listening to such a radio station?... a version of the 'Sunday Sport'!!! :facepalm:  :P  :thumbsup:

Les Q...Do you not feel a little dirty and defiled listening to such a radio station?... a version of the 'Sunday Sport'!!! :facepalm:  :P  :thumbsup:

I do indeed, but it was (cough) only by accident, let me assure you, Mr Spuds, sir. Only by the miracle and misshap of modern technology. I don't make a habit of listening to Aussie radio, "mate."

Anyway, this feeling "dirty," I noticed on another thread that you mentioned you have other ways of managing your penthouse frustrations than giving poor Waggy a mouthful. Would you care to say any more about this - or is it more of that "entertaining" young ladies you were bragging about the other week, when you should have been cheering the boys on in bs3? Perhaps it might be something I could make some use of; Lord knows I could use something (but not Waggy, bless him)

Bring back Roger Malone

He'd be lost on "Talk,Sport" unless I missed some Aussie connection back then?

By the way, "Phant," you still haven't said "Hello." Not that you'll ever catch me in any 'canteen' ever again. Once was enough. Not the right environment for someone of my position and standing...

Archived