IGNORED

Sod Says We Have To Be Tight To Give Us A 50% Chance Of Winning...

Tomo

A game !

FFS - talk about negativity!

It maybe reality but lets believe that we can win a game - surely a statement along the lines of

"keep it tight at the back and across the midfield and hopefully our forward line can take our chances and we will be celebrating a home win against the very top side in our division"

That's what odriscoll does though, he sets expectations low in the hope that we perform and everyone is elated, when in fact we SHOULD be competing adequately with any team in this division. I listened to cloughs pre match interview on Friday, and he said that we wouldn't be able to cope with them if they played as they can, that is the kind of confidence that floods through to the team (okay they were shit, but they beat us!), I would like for once to hear odriscoll say 'we can win this' or something of that ilk!

That's what odriscoll does though, he sets expectations low in the hope that we perform and everyone is elated, when in fact we SHOULD be competing adequately with any team in this division. I listened to cloughs pre match interview on Friday, and he said that we wouldn't be able to cope with them if they played as they can, that is the kind of confidence that floods through to the team (okay they were shit, but they beat us!), I would like for once to hear odriscoll say 'we can win this' or something of that ilk!

or to hell with it lets try ATTACKING :bruce_h4h: for the first 80mins instead of the last 10 and let them do the worrying. We have to stop being so dreary play 2 up top with Jet behind

That would be one of the numerous chances we create every game I assume? If we get 1, which seems to be par for the course, and it falls to Baldock what are the odds on him taking it, given his record so far, particularly when one to one with the keeper?

And how often has keeping it tight brought a clean sheet? Invariably somebody makes a stupid mistake and bang goes the 50-50 chance.

It really is depressing that a coach with SOD's reputation as an innovator can't think of anything better to do. I could understand it if these were the tactics specifically for Orient but they are now the tactics for every game.

It didn't work against Crewe, it didn't work against Sheff U. Is it more likely to work against Orient?

I'm sorry but why is it that we should be competing adequately with any team in this division? The majority of our side are below average footballers with the exception of a few. The sooner some fans wake up and realise this the better. I can think of countless players from this division I would rather have playing for us. With the exception of JET (and Liam Kelly) I don't think we have anyone else that our rivals would take to improve their side. I'm not a massive fan of SOD but I recognise he's got some right rubbish at his disposal down there. Please remove the rose tinted spectacles and realise that unless we add another defender, a creative midfielder and a striker with pace that can score some goals in January (hopefully before) we are fcked.

I'm sorry but why is it that we should be competing adequately with any team in this division? The majority of our side are below average footballers with the exception of a few. The sooner some fans wake up and realise this the better. I can think of countless players from this division I would rather have playing for us. With the exception of JET (and Liam Kelly) I don't think we have anyone else that our rivals would take to improve their side. I'm not a massive fan of SOD but I recognise he's got some right rubbish at his disposal down there. Please remove the rose tinted spectacles and realise that unless we add another defender, a creative midfielder and a striker with pace that can score some goals in January (hopefully before) we are fcked.

You say you're not a big fan of SOD but he does have some right rubbish at his disposal. I'm sorry, but he signed pretty much all of them.

Long journey for me tomorrow. Following another disappointing day Saturday I thought I would look to Bcfc player tonight for inspiration to make the journey. Maybe a battle cry, or even sod saying we will be alright. What did I find ... Nothing of interest. I then looked at bbc football to look at the table for the first time in a while... Wish I hadn't. Anything to look forward to ?

Yep. They were what he could afford on our budget. And please don't ask SL to get his wallet out - he's not allowed to.

No, but questions need to be asked why he's chosen to barely use the likes of Wynter, Harewood, and particularly imo, Burns.

Not so bothered about Wilson, Carey and McLaughlin - except if he's not going to play them, what are they doing here?

No, but questions need to be asked why he's chosen to barely use the likes of Wynter, Harewood, and particularly imo, Burns.

Not so bothered about Wilson, Carey and McLaughlin - except if he's not going to play them, what are they doing here?

Ask him. I've no idea,.

Ask him. I've no idea,.

You're stymied too.

Well their wages are all out of SO'D's budget, as you call it, and he's given them little or no chance to justfy being so.

Why is he contemplating bringing in yet more central defenders with Carey and Wilson, not to mention Brundle, already here?

He's confined by budget restrictions, we know that, but he can hardly claim to have made the best of the budget he's got.

Because the ones we already had were worse, and we couldn't afford their wages.

Well, they weren't. But true they were too expensive. I blame SOD's management more than the players anyway. AG has never been more negative or less appealing than under SOD's rein. At least under McInnes you could expect some entertainment

You're stymied too.

Well their wages are all out of SO'D's budget, as you call it, and he's given them little or no chance to justfy being so.

Why is he contemplating bringing in yet more central defenders with Carey and Wilson, not to mention Brundle, already here?

He's confined by budget restrictions, we know that, but he can hardly claim to have made the best of the budget he's got.

I'm not seeking to justify Sean's tactics - just pointing out the constraints he's operating under. Some people still don't get it, I'm afraid.

I'm not seeking to justify Sean's tactics - just pointing out the constraints he's operating under. Some people still don't get it, I'm afraid.

Bringing in another defender is nothing to do with tactics, with the defence apparently at the moment not the problem, it would appear to be a waste of the 'constraints' he operating under and everybody get's it, perhaps SOD doesn't.

Bringing in another defender is nothing to do with tactics, with the defence apparently at the moment not the problem, it would appear to be a waste of the 'constraints' he operating under and everybody get's it, perhaps SOD doesn't.

How many of our defenders will be off in January?

Archived