IGNORED

Sod Says We Have To Be Tight To Give Us A 50% Chance Of Winning...

Tomo

It's not like Football Manager in the real world. Players become available as and when. Anyway, I'm not defending Sean's tactics here. just pointing out the conditions in which he's working.

We are still paying insane salaries to the likes of Fontaine (OK, part of) and Kilkenny. When we're finally rid, we'll have a little more money to play with.

How many other clubs will be trying to do the same? Will the player he wants be available then?

You can't have it all ways, it is being claimed that the defence has improved?, we all know funds are tight, what is the immediate need if the defence is ok?, how about a striker who might be able to play the lone striker role perhaps?

You can't have it all ways, it is being claimed that the defence has improved?, we all know funds are tight, what is the immediate need if the defence is ok?, how about a striker who might be able to play the lone striker role perhaps?

I was answering you last point. I haven't claimed that the defence has improved or that we don't need a striker. Please don't answer points that I haven't made.

Well, they weren't. But true they were too expensive. I blame SOD's management more than the players anyway. AG has never been more negative or less appealing than under SOD's rein. At least under McInnes you could expect some entertainment

This. I am optomistic before every game that today/tonight will be the time it all clicks. This negative boring rubbish being served up has finally broken me. I can take being not very good. I just cant take the lack of any form of entertainment. Watching for 90 minutes in the hope that JET has a moment of brilliance is not how football should be, Setting your team up to draw every game is also not how football should be. Not gunna bother tonight so que us winning 4-0.

This. I am optomistic before every game that today/tonight will be the time it all clicks. This negative boring rubbish being served up has finally broken me. I can take being not very good. I just cant take the lack of any form of entertainment. Watching for 90 minutes in the hope that JET has a moment of brilliance is not how football should be, Setting your team up to draw every game is also not how football should be. Not gunna bother tonight so que us winning 4-0.

I'm inclined to agree with you. If I wasn't :ill: I'd be there tonight, but I can't say that missing the game bothers me that much. Let's hope it is 4-0 - then I can feel that I've done a little to help ;)

Let's be honest football is billed as an entertainment and if SOD's interview was a trailer for a film (another entertainment) the cinema would be empty.

Not necessarily... Lots of people appreciate what he has to say...it's just a few loud one's on here that moan tbh.

I've heard more people say they like his approach and willingness to talk to the fans in a sensible manner.

Perhaps you're more of a Sly stalone type person than a Quentin Tarantino....if you get my drift...each to their own.

No, but questions need to be asked why he's chosen to barely use the likes of Wynter, Harewood, and particularly imo, Burns.

Not so bothered about Wilson, Carey and McLaughlin - except if he's not going to play them, what are they doing here?

SOD was open enough to turn up to an event last week and answer questions that the fans wished to put to him, so why didn't you take the opportunity...?

SOD was open enough to turn up to an event last week and answer questions that the fans wished to put to him, so why didn't you take the opportunity...?

I had to be at home on the night, but I've attended plenty of Q&A's in the past.

I'm not sure SO'D had indicated he was going to sign yet another defender at the time of the Q&A anyway.

It's not like Football Manager in the real world. Players become available as and when. Anyway, I'm not defending Sean's tactics here. just pointing out the conditions in which he's working.

We are still paying insane salaries to the likes of Fontaine (OK, part of) and Kilkenny. When we're finally rid, we'll have a little more money to play with.

Every other team in the league has to stick to the same constraints as we do. Ok, we still have a couple of high earners in the squad, but our spending budget is still going to be higher than most.

The blame for our current plight MUST fall on Sod. His record here is nothing short of abysmal.....I just can't believe some people are still falling for his guff.

Indeed, SOD's quote underlines everything that is wrong with his approach - super cautious negative. Oddly, against Orient it maybe is a time for going cautious but against Sheff.U it was certainly not. Fed up with it and not going tonight either. 

There is no doubt that if we get a hammering tonight, it will go down a lot better if attack from the off than sit back with a defensive record such as ours. My patience with So'd is close to running out, and I completely understand the frustrations, but for god sake do not start the O'driscoll out chants if start going behind tonight, can't help the players or anyone for that matter.  

Yep. They were what he could afford on our budget. And please don't ask SL to get his wallet out - he's not allowed to.

Now THAT is a frightening statement. They have in a lot of cases worked with SOD before, so it doesnt say much for his idea of a good player, given the panning McInnes, Millen Coppell & Johnson got for their signings..

Archived