IGNORED

Ian Watkins (Lost Prophets)

Esmond Million's Bung

I'm not normally one for getting all Daily Mail and advocating the death penalty, but having read some of the details of this case (even just the heavily-edited stuff that a lot of media seem to be reporting) that belief is wavering. I'm not sure who's worse, him or the child's mother.

Apparently when GCHQ were called in to crack the passwords on his computers, they found the password for one laptop was "if*ckkids"

Wow, for all that Jimmy Savile is the latter-day Be'elzebub even he wasn't as bad as that.

There was a huge delay in bringing him in, is this the old celebrity culture still wielding its influence?

Loads of reports made to police from 2010 onwards.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2514319/Ian-Watkins-ex-girlfriend-Joanne-Majic-I-warned-police-Lostprophets-singer-paedophile-4-years-ago.html

Wow, for all that Jimmy Savile is the latter-day Be'elzebub even he wasn't as bad as that.

There was a huge delay in bringing him in, is this the old celebrity culture still wielding its influence?

Loads of reports made to police from 2010 onwards.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2514319/Ian-Watkins-ex-girlfriend-Joanne-Majic-I-warned-police-Lostprophets-singer-paedophile-4-years-ago.html

Ain't that the truth, a great job of protecting the most vulnerable in society once more by a star struck OB.

EMB, I don't know what your problem is. I simply asked where the poster had heard that information as it wasmt mentioned in the three or four reports I read yesterday on the subject.

Only you will understand your paranoia for the alternative view.

+ this snide comment.

It puts it all into perspective. 

Oh sorry, wrong thread type

Not snide. Just an attempt at humour which you obviously are too sensitive to appreciate.

Just a father and grand father, who finds the whole idea of this repulsive.

I am now 60 years old and if I hear "we must learn the lessons from this" once more i'll scream, I have heard that crap trotted out over the past 45 years after every similar case involving kids and some involving children dying and we are still learning FFS.

Just a father and grand father, who finds the whole idea of this repulsive.

I am now 60 years old and if I hear "we must learn the lessons from this" once more i'll scream, I have heard that crap trotted out over the past 45 years after every similar case involving kids and some involving children dying and we are still learning FFS.

Couldn't agree more. My comment may appear crass but it was supposed to be a humorous take on the recent obsession for one to write 'it puts it all into perspective' without then changing ones behaviour.

Nothing ever seems to change.

I've removed a few posts.  If you wish to post about off topic things in a thread with such a horrendous subject, start a new thread.  This thread rightly deserves to stay on topic.

Personally I hope they put Watkins in a prison with no protection and he gets what he deserves.  As for the women involved with this, I hope they get the book thrown at them as well, and should they ever be released, they are never allowed their own children again.

We were discussing this case at work this week and trying to guess the sentence he'll get. I think the sound money would be on life to serve a minimum tariff of 12 years. That'd be my (semi) educated guess.

I think you might be right on that, however I suspect South Wales OB in an effort to regain public confidence will build another case ala Stuart Hall, now they have him incarcerated and this time no deals.

I think you might be right on that, however I suspect South Wales OB in an effort to regain public confidence will build another case ala Stuart Hall, now they have him incarcerated and this time no deals.

They cant do that in the way you suggest.

He has to get sentenced for what he pleaded to. That'll be next week or soonish anyway.

They're looking for further victims, that's correct, but any further evidence will form a new case which will require a fresh judicial process and another appearance before a judge who would have the power to give him another tariff to either run concurrently (unlikely) or consecutively.

They cant do that in the way you suggest.

He has to get sentenced for what he pleaded to. That'll be next week or soonish anyway.

They're looking for further victims, that's correct, but any further evidence will form a new case which will require a fresh judicial process and another appearance before a judge who would have the power to give him another tariff to either run concurrently (unlikely) or consecutively.

I thought that's what I said, it's certainly what I meant.

Apologies.

I've just read the sentencing guidelines. I may well be reading the wrong but it looks to me that he's unlikely to get more than 13 years (for the att rape).

The difference here though is that I would have thought that he'll be considered a dangerous offender which means that 13 years means 13 years. Not 6 and a half.

What also goes against him is that he was originally charged with rape. The sentencing judge will know that and you'd have thought it'd be at the back of his mind when sentencing... At least you'd hope so.

Apologies.

I've just read the sentencing guidelines. I may well be reading the wrong but it looks to me that he's unlikely to get more than 13 years (for the att rape).

The difference here though is that I would have thought that he'll be considered a dangerous offender which means that 13 years means 13 years. Not 6 and a half.

What also goes against him is that he was originally charged with rape. The sentencing judge will know that and you'd have thought it'd be at the back of his mind when sentencing... At least you'd hope so.

Exactly now they have him incarcerated or will have after sentencing next month, if they can charge him with rape this time there will be deals for a guilty plea.

Exactly now they have him incarcerated or will have after sentencing next month, if they can charge him with rape this time there will be deals for a guilty plea.

.....seems to me that Ian Watkins has very serious mental health issues. Life in a secure mental hospital would be appropriate for him.

I've removed a few posts.  If you wish to post about off topic things in a thread with such a horrendous subject, start a new thread.  This thread rightly deserves to stay on topic.

Personally I hope they put Watkins in a prison with no protection and he gets what he deserves.  As for the women involved with this, I hope they get the book thrown at them as well, and should they ever be released, they are never allowed their own children again.

Dangerous to encourage the public to take the law into their own hands given recent events in Bristol...

Ultimately we employ judges to be our representatives for justice in our society. I have faith that he will get a long prison sentence, the correct rehabilitation, and hopefully a lifetime in a mental home.

Archived