IGNORED

That's All We Ask.

GrahamC

It says a lot about how far we've fallen when you're pleased with a point at home to Orient but I thought that was the best we've played at home in the league since Bradford.

All of the outfield players made a contribution, both full backs had their best games of the season, as did Pack and it was Baldock's best home game.

JET was quieter but there were 2 absolutely stunning pieces of skill second half, whilst Williams showed why he should always start and Flint won a huge percentage of headers (though did seem to be the one who played them onside a lot).

Gillett was neat and tidy and we should certainly extend his loan, whilst Wagstaff worked tirelessly.

Only negatives were a horrible mistake by Parish for the second goal (would the same mistake by Fielding have seen such a sympathetic reaction from the crowd?) And although he wasn't on long Joe Bryan seemed nervous as a kitten, giving away a couple of silly free kicks and unable to get into the game at all.

No idea if this will see an upturn in fortunes but if at least we saw this level of effort and football we would accept it.

Agree completely about Parish. Fielding does that and the stadium is in meltdown. Fielding is so much better than Parish it hurts but because he's made a few mistakes it'll be looked passed. Parrish's kicking is woeful, and seems glued to his six yard box.

On more positive notes, play like we did second half across the 90 mins of the rest of our games and we'll win more than we'll lose. More urgency and tempo throughout, looked very good

It says a lot about how far we've fallen when you're pleased with a point at home to Orient but I thought that was the best we've played at home in the league since Bradford.

All of the outfield players made a contribution, both full backs had their best games of the season, as did Pack and it was Baldock's best home game.

JET was quieter but there were 2 absolutely stunning pieces of skill second half, whilst Williams showed why he should always start and Flint won a huge percentage of headers (though did seem to be the one who played them onside a lot).

Gillett was neat and tidy and we should certainly extend his loan, whilst Wagstaff worked tirelessly.

Only negatives were a horrible mistake by Parish for the second goal (would the same mistake by Fielding have seen such a sympathetic reaction from the crowd?) And although he wasn't on long Joe Bryan seemed nervous as a kitten, giving away a couple of silly free kicks and unable to get into the game at all.

No idea if this will see an upturn in fortunes but if at least we saw this level of effort and football we would accept it.

Awful mistake by Parish but his first real howler so probably got a bit of leeway with that, like Frank did v Bradford, but not so much v Posh.

I actually thought JET put himself about more tonight, not so much of a threat in the areas we'd like him to play but did track back a few times and did some decent work in the wide areas. Couldn't believe he passed to Waggy in the first half when he was on the edge of the box, thought he was going to ripple the net. Signs of him becoming more of a team player perhaps? I just hope it doesn't detract from wahat he does best.

Agree with all of that Graham.

Certainly the best we have played at home in the league since the Bradford game. The first half was still a concern for me though. Absolute howler from Parish and had that been Fielding he would have been ripped to shreds for it. Gillett was busy and his movement is clever, although he looks like his boots are about 10 sizes to big for him!!

It does go to show just how bad it's got that we consider a draw at home to Leyton Orient a good result. Of course at present it is. I think if we can build from it we might give ourselves a chance.

Agree with all of that Graham.

Certainly the best we have played at home in the league since the Bradford game. The first half was still a concern for me though. Absolute howler from Parish and had that been Fielding he would have been ripped to shreds for it. Gillett was busy and his movement is clever, although he looks like his boots are about 10 sizes to big for him!!

It does go to show just how bad it's got that we consider a draw at home to Leyton Orient a good result. Of course at present it is. I think if we can build from it we might give ourselves a chance.

It's mainly down to the fact they are top of the league. That they were no great shakes and we gifted them 2 goals will get lost in that fact.

We were better tonight though, but still a very long way to go.

It's mainly down to the fact they are top of the league. That they were no great shakes and we gifted them 2 goals will get lost in that fact.

We were better tonight though, but still a very long way to go.

Wasn't impressed with them at all really. We've played plenty of teams better than them this season. Odubajo is different class and of course Lisbie and Mooney are decent but they were rather average overall.

Long way to go but certainly something to build on.

i thought it was a good effort on every player out theres part. first half tried to pass it through them which didnt work but second half started running at them getting past several times.some of the passing and through balls knocked spots off orients efforts but they did show us up with their making space and getting the ball delivered to it a few times. felt for parish when he flunked it for the goal,another day might have stood a chance at gathering second attempt but that little no7 of theirs was a pocket rocket with his speed,no one would have beat him to  the ball.

osborn in defence has certainly added some confidence,best ive seen of flint too this season,unlucky with his headers from the corners,think he got on to 3 of them.

their last free kick in injury time was the most painful one ive ever endured,was sure it was going to result in a goal but the defence kept up their good work and covered it. i could go on for hours but would bore you all to tears so i will just give an overall rating of 7.5 to every city player out there tonight. was actually quite enjoyable

There were 19 times a city player touched the ball where it mattered - in the opposition box. We managed 17 shots, albeit only 4 on target. Both these stats are many more than the previous two games. That meant it was actually an entertaining experience.

Interesting stats, Cyril, old chap. Shots on target need to be more, clearly. You seem to have a good track record with this, even the odd one in off the post, can you advise Sean in this department?

Maybe part of being pleased is a reluctant acceptance of where we are in the footballing food chain. Personally I'm pleased because there was entertainment to last nights game and a higher level of hustling of the opposition especially in the second half.

I'm actually a little glad we conceded because we were playing 5 across the back in a very deep 532 formation. Once we conceded and our hand was forced and we played further up the pitch in a more committed 352 and we played well. It worked. There was close to none of the passing across the defence and then hoofing to Baldock. Very pleasing, and listening to conversations from those around me whilst departing the ground would indicate a general happiness with the fayre served up.

. Very pleasing, and listening to conversations from those around me whilst departing the ground would indicate a general happiness with the fayre served up.

Which maybe says a lot, or at least something, about how far we've fallen! Or about recent home games, and the dreadful absence of spectacle.

Still want to see more shots on target, visiting keeper stretched more, more pressure on visiting defence, and the ball in the visitors half in added time, not in ours. Shooting practice!

Small steps, and yes we have fallen, but to think that we have a automatic right to be better than the likes of Orient is the mindset that contributes to why we  are in the position.

We need to have a proper football mentality at the club, something we have been lacking of late, I have said it before despite SOD's personality if you like, he he is Football Manager, and a proper one too, if we don't give him time we will be worse off, of that I am convinced, not a 'Happy Clapper' but someone who has perhaps gained a idea or two from having football in my blood for too many years.  

For all those that call for his head I say what do you have as plan 'B'?... and the silence is deafening, because there is no plan B we really should be grateful we have SOD, but hey ho all the dissenters carry on with stupid SOD out campaign whilst the the more realistic of us know that we have to stick with it. I just hope the banners and the voices of the plain stupid don't persuade him to jump ship.

Hear what you are saying, "Roughie," but we have only won TWO games. SOD needs to demonstrate that he can get this lot to play at, or near, that level last night on more than the odd occasion. And steer us to some wins.

We definitely played as a team last night, rather than one big negative defensive unit. There were lots more positive Oooohhhs and Ahhhhhs rather than groans and murmurs.

However, before Saturday I was hoping for 3 points against Sheffield Utd and accepting that we would be pointless against Orient. Yes I am delighted with the point last night and the performance looking better, but in the cold light of day when I look at the table that's 2 points dropped. 3 points or a win makes a heck of a difference.

Has been my point this evening which I stand by.

The glee which I saw at drawing with the likes of Leyton Orient at home. I just shake my head at how far we've fallen.

It's arrogance like this that pizzez me off. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Wonder if "Der Kaise" smelled the coffee, the Italian coffee on his trip over there?

The glee which I saw at drawing with the likes of Leyton Orient at home. I just shake my head at how far we've fallen.

Don't worry I heard your booing from Italy last night!

Well done, the more you boo, the better we perform.

You can be the new mascot - 'Booey the Kaiser'.

Thanks again, much love...

Yes but fallen we have !

And at this present time a 2-2 and a point to the top of the league regardless of how shit they were, has to been seen as a great result, we are no longer and haven't for a while, just brushed other teams to the side.

And the quicker our fans start realising that the better.

I'm delighted with a point, that bar an error and a few missed chances could have been 3pts, yet I went into the game expecting to get hammered by 4's and 5's.

A lot on here need to get out of the clouds and down to earth, we are at best a moderate 1st league team just like we were before... End of im afraid !

Cheers

Mark

Yes but fallen we have !

Cheers

Mark

, yet I went into the game expecting to get hammered by 4's and 5's.

Cheers

Mark

SOD's work here is nearly done. To get "people in this city" to go from expectations of winning by "5 or 6" to getting "hammered by 4s and 5s" in a couple of months is some achievement. Make sure you let SOd know this, Mark!

Archived