IGNORED

Live Feed From The Council House ( Lets Keep Some Tradition)

rat23

Next will be the official announcement that Ashton Vale is not going to happen.

Maybe they will also admit that the end of the AV project also marks the end of our ambition to ever be able to sustain Premiership football. The dream is over and we will peak as a Championship club. A great pity and a missed opportunity that will mark Steve Lansdown's involvement with Britol City - the man who drove us into a cul-de-sac.

Maybe they will also admit that the end of the AV project also marks the end of our ambition to ever be able to sustain Premier League football. The dream is over and we will peak as a Championship club. A great pity and a missed opportunity that will mark Steve Lansdown's involvement with Britol City - the man who drove us into a cul-de-sac.

Cul de sac? I'm frightened he's taking us to the abyss!

So it's passed and going ahead? What happens next, more red tape or does it literally get a date of redevelopment?

We have to wait 6 weeks to ensure there is no judicial review*.

Time has to elapse to make sure no Green maniacs or liars want to make something up to slow down or scupper the prospect of something actually happening in their dear old Lymeswold-On-Avon.

*Of course after the 6 week deadline there is always the chance they can go to some judge who will completely ignore all legal precedent and grant extra time for someone to make something up, like happened with Ashton Vale...

I thought that the deal was in place with the nimbys? It's pretty much nailed on that we're staying at the Gate.

Not the way i'm reading it, the board and even at least one of the councillors has said AV is still the preferred option, I would be very disappointed if we don't at least give it a good go, **** the nimbys we owe those ***** nothing.

Not the way i'm reading it, the board and even at least one of the councillors has said AV is still the preferred option, I would be very disappointed if we don't at least give it a good go, **** the nimbys we owe those ***** nothing.

Completely agree, Peter Crispin is a c..t of the highest order.

I thought that the deal was in place with the nimbys? It's pretty much nailed on that we're staying at the Gate.

I did see this in more than one place, but I was a bit confused as to what the nimbys have to do with the AG application? Was the deal that they won't try to claim AG as a village green and write a lot of nonsense letters to the evil post? Seems to be their only tactic.

I did see this in more than one place, but I was a bit confused as to what the nimbys have to do with the AG application? Was the deal that they won't try to claim AG as a village green and write a lot of nonsense letters to the evil post? Seems to be their only tactic.

No, the deal was that only houses would be built on Ashton Vale and no stadium to save the judicial review.

I would suspect that SL only pulled out of the planned JR to start afresh with a new AV plan, with proper lawyers and not relying on Bristol council to get their procedures correct, to see if the nimby's lies are fallen for again.

No, the deal was that only houses would be built on Ashton Vale and no stadium to save the judicial review.

Ahh I see, thanks. Do they have any power to stop the JR now that it's been requested though? Sounds like the sort of thing that bureaucracy wouldn't allow.

In truth I don't really care where we end up playing, but I'd really hate for us to stop fighting and let the nimbys get their way.

Ahh I see, thanks. Do they have any power to stop the JR now that it's been requested though? Sounds like the sort of thing that bureaucracy wouldn't allow.

In truth I don't really care where we end up playing, but I'd really hate for us to stop fighting and let the nimbys get their way.

Agreed mate, it's a sad day for democracy when a small minority of silly little people can deny a whole city of a much needed facility.

If we do skip Ashton vale stadium, couldn't we turn the site into club parking and run a shuttle bus to and from the stadium? Would mean no parking is needed directly around the Ashton gate but for the players/directors etc....

Why let the ******* nimby's off that easy, Bristol needs a return of speedway, bring back the Bulldogs.

Archived