Michael Appleton 33/1

David O'Leary 33/1

Nick Barmby 33/1

Rene Meulensteen 40/1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 40/1

Peter Schmeichel 50/1

Paolo Di Canio 50/1

Some hideous names on that list!!!
wouldn't mind Solskjaer, Phelan or Meulensteen though. Never going to happen though (especially Meulensteen as he's going to be Fulham boss when Jol's sacked.

Skybet list

The board (if it stays - I hope they go too) must not make the same mistakes all over again...

WE DO NOT NEED:

• A "young, promising manager" with no experience above League One football (like McInnes).
  • A journeyman "know-it-all" seasoned and hardened lower league manager (like O'Driscoll and Johnson).
  • A promotion from within the club (like Millen and Tinnion).

WE NEED A MANAGER, WHO IS:

• A proven manager with several years experience at a minimum of Championship level
  • A man-manager who can command respect in the dressing room and from his staff
  • An advocate of flowing, passing football
  • A communicator who can present his ideas lucidly
  • An optimist who encourages confidence in his players
  • A tactician who can read the game and make telling substitutions to counteract opposition tactics or exploit opposition weaknesses
  • A well-known and well-liked personality and respected in the game by players, managers and fans

I have no idea who the above person is, and perhaps someone with those credentials either doesn't exist, or is out of our price range, but the Board should use the above list and tick as many boxes as they can.

If the Board is not following O'Driscoll out of the door, then I beg them to appoint someone with some of the above qualities, because their appointments since Johnson have been dreadful and is the main cause of our slip from the verge of the Premier League to the bottom of League One.

Personally?  I don't think the rot will stop until Lansdown is out of the picture - but that's just my view - let's hope the Board prove me wrong.

Steve Cotterill 5/2

John Pemberton 7/1

Martin Allen 10/1

Alan Curbishley 16/1

Richie Barker 16/1

Paul Jewell 20/1

David Weir 20/1

Ian Holloway 20/1

Keith Curle 20/1

Gary Johnson 20/1

Steve Coppell !!!!! 25/1

Danny Wilson 25/1

Kevin Blackwell 28/1

Alex McLeish 28/1

Mike Phelan 28/1

Joe Jordan 33/1

Neil Warnock 33/1

Michael Appleton 33/1

David O'Leary 33/1

Nick Barmby 33/1

Rene Meulensteen 40/1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 40/1

Peter Schmeichel 50/1

Paolo Di Canio 50/1

Some hideous names on that list!!!
wouldn't mind Solskjaer, Phelan or Meulensteen though. Never going to happen though (especially Meulensteen as he's going to be Fulham boss when Jol's sacked.

Skybet list

Solskjaer is a great shout, but not gunna happen is it

A week ago, I said that I didn't care about Saturday's result due to the birth of my Granddaughter.

Today, I realise that I don't care who we appoint, as over recent years the fans clamour for managers to be sacked has only resulted in our fortunes getting worse under each successive replacement, and I fear the same will happen again.

While the board are getting/have been getting some deserved stick for past mistakes, I supported the major change in direction they gave the club with the much maligned 5 pillars strategy. While SOD was never going to be irreplaceable, I did feel that his commitment to bringing through young players was pretty central to the long term plan. In our current position is it a question of beggars not being choosers and that we will end up with the best available and willing to take us on, rather than the candidate with the right credentials to see the plan through? 

Although progress has been painful this season, and our results and league position reflect this, I always saw this as a long term exercise, and one that wouldn't be achieved in one season. I have also wanted us to have a period of stability so that we can see some continuity and that has just gone out of the water.

Hopefully we might get lucky with another Gary Johnson moment i.e. we are the right job for the right man at the right time, but I'm not going to hold my breath - not because the board will make a poor decision, but because we are not in a position of strength, and SL's billions don't count for anything in today's world of ffp.

I hope for the best but fear for the worst.

The board (if it stays - I hope they go too) must not make the same mistakes all over again...

WE DO NOT NEED:

• A "young, promising manager" with no experience above League One football (like McInnes).
  • A journeyman "know-it-all" seasoned and hardened lower league manager (like O'Driscoll and Johnson).
  • A promotion from within the club (like Millen and Tinnion).

WE NEED A MANAGER, WHO IS:

• A proven manager with several years experience at a minimum of Championship level
  • A man-manager who can command respect in the dressing room and from his staff
  • An advocate of flowing, passing football
  • A communicator who can present his ideas lucidly
  • An optimist who encourages confidence in his players
  • A tactician who can read the game and make telling substitutions to counteract opposition tactics or exploit opposition weaknesses
  • A well-known and well-liked personality and respected in the game by players, managers and fans

I have no idea who the above person is, and perhaps someone with those credentials either doesn't exist, or is out of our price range, but the Board should use the above list and tick as many boxes as they can.

If the Board is not following O'Driscoll out of the door, then I beg them to appoint someone with some of the above qualities, because their appointments since Johnson have been dreadful and is the main cause of our slip from the verge of the Premier League to the bottom of League One.

Personally?  I don't think the rot will stop until Lansdown is out of the picture - but that's just my view - let's hope the Board prove me wrong.

And why on earth would a manager with all these qualities join a football club that sacks managers every 10 months, is 22nd in the third tier of engllish football, has a divided fanbase, is distracted by a stadium and has no money? I genuinely don't think ANYONE in the top 3 divisions would even glance at this job. I'd go abroad. 

And why on earth would a manager with all these qualities join a football club that sacks managers every 10 months, is 22nd in the third tier of engllish football, has a divided fanbase, is distracted by a stadium and has no money? I genuinely don't think ANYONE in the top 3 divisions would even glance at this job. I'd go abroad. 

I didn't say they required ALL those qualities, just not to have any of the characteristics of the first list.  Nor did I say it had to be a British manager...

Has no money?  Lansdown's net worth is the 2nd richest in League One, the 5th richest in the Championship, twice as much as that published of Everton in the Premier League, and only a little less than West Ham (according to Wiki)

Archived