IGNORED

Replacement?

TheRedHalf

Some interesting names have been put forward but I think a lot of people are forgetting one very important thing - City are deep in the sh*t and looking as though league 2 is on its way. There is one thing the club must aim for - basic survival. IMO any manager appointed must have experience of successfully operating at City's current level.

If he succeeds in keeping the club in league 1 and gaining promotion to the Championship in 2-3 years time, then might be the time to look for a "big name" manager. Definitely not now.

I'm surprised Justin Edinburgh hasn't been mentioned, young, hungry, up coming manager who looks and sounds the part, doing a terrific job at Newport County.

Only a matter of time before he moves on to bigger and better things.

Rules us out then!

That really is a shocking list of candidates!! I literally can't pick a single name out of that list (other than the complete joke inclusions of Meulensteen, Solskjaer etc) that I can see bringing long term success to the club (apart from potentially Mike Phelan but can't see why he would choose us to start his managerial career with us).

Thought's of Cotterill, Di Canio or Warnock all in the top 5 is mega scary!!

Can't help feeling this has been a shocking, far too hasty decision by the board and I really worry about the future!

I think we've made a bad call. And on the back if one of our best performances too.

Disappointed.

I'm not going to get excited about the new man. I think we have just made a terrible mistake.

I think the sacking was decided before the Os game and the result didn't make any difference and that a new manager was already being consider from a short list.  Also I think that we will know who early next week.

That really is a shocking list of candidates!!

Thought's of Cotterill, Di Canio or Warnock all in the top 5 is mega scary!!

Dear God, no, none of those egotistical muppets

Holloway, Gary Johnson, Lee Johnson. In that order for me

I wondered how long it would be.

In order: yes, no, maybe.

In case I didn't make myself clear, that was "NO" to GJ.

The board (if it stays - I hope they go too) must not make the same mistakes all over again...

WE DO NOT NEED:

• A "young, promising manager" with no experience above League One football (like McInnes).
  • A journeyman "know-it-all" seasoned and hardened lower league manager (like O'Driscoll and Johnson).
  • A promotion from within the club (like Millen and Tinnion).

WE NEED A MANAGER, WHO IS:

• A proven manager with several years experience at a minimum of Championship level
  • A man-manager who can command respect in the dressing room and from his staff
  • An advocate of flowing, passing football
  • A communicator who can present his ideas lucidly
  • An optimist who encourages confidence in his players
  • A tactician who can read the game and make telling substitutions to counteract opposition tactics or exploit opposition weaknesses
  • A well-known and well-liked personality and respected in the game by players, managers and fans

I have no idea who the above person is, and perhaps someone with those credentials either doesn't exist, or is out of our price range, but the Board should use the above list and tick as many boxes as they can.

If the Board is not following O'Driscoll out of the door, then I beg them to appoint someone with some of the above qualities, because their appointments since Johnson have been dreadful and is the main cause of our slip from the verge of the Premier League to the bottom of League One.

Personally? I don't think the rot will stop until Lansdown is out of the picture - but that's just my view - let's hope the Board prove me wrong.

Just to make sure I didn't miss anything, we need...

A well respected big name optimist, with a reputation for free flowing attacking football, with several years experience at championship or premier league level, who is so devoid of other options that they are willing to come to a club staring at the very real possibility of relegation to the lowest tier of the football league?

Simples.

Tisdale or GJ.

Tisdale consistently linked & has a good track record of bringing through young players. Plays possession football so wouldn't be a big change in style for the players. Would presumably relish the chance to manage at a club where the 'ceiling' is far higher.

GJ would get everyone pulling together & ignite the fan base. Best record of any City manager in my lifetime. Would be very worried about how he'd deal with JET, bearing in mind he royally ****ed up when dealing with a similar player in Trundle. 

Neither would be perfect, but then neither are we.

Archived