IGNORED

Lansdown's Out!

Randy Marsh

what rubbish, I trust them to do what is best for our club as they have always tried to do.

we all make mistakes, I have always been happy with their appointments at the time, hindsight made me think differently.

Trust to try. That's fine. But I'd rather see results which apart from what now appears a lucky GJ appointment the never seem to find.

The fact you were happy with Millen's immediate appointment after the Coppell debacle tells me a lot about your stance towards them, and you're definitely not for turning.

Either that, or good morning Steve.

We so all make mistakes, but how often do we make the same mistake again and again and again without a) learning from it or b) suffering the consequences.

Other than the potential new stadium (which has been a joke from start to finish) we are in a much worse position than before they took over.

I'm not saying sacking SOD is the wrong decision, but the board need to take a serious look in the mirror.

Another bad decision then, as admitted by themselves having to sack... again.

Rubbish! When picking SOD, he had all the right credentials for what we were looking for in a coach/manager under this 5 pillars mularky and most fans could see that at the time.

You cant now blame the board and suggest it was a bad decision.......SOD's record got him the sack and nobody could forsee that

• Admin

what rubbish, I trust them to do what is best for our club as they have always tried to do.

we all make mistakes, I have always been happy with their appointments at the time, hindsight made me think differently.

We all make mistakes, but when the SAME mistake keeps happening surely that needs to be addressed?

Time for supporters who feel this way to actually do something though.

This post has been made a thousand times yet never even the beginnings of a protest at AG.

Stomping your feet and not going is pretty daft, it achieves nothing unless it is a mass protest.

People always go on about how we wouldn't let the Cardiff situation happen to us, yet this will be allowed to happen without any fight.

• Admin

Rubbish! When picking SOD, he had all the right credentials for what we were looking for in a coach/manager under this 5 pillars mularky and most fans could see that at the time.

You cant now blame the board and suggest it was a bad decision.......SOD's record got him the sack and nobody could forsee that

Surely you have just completely contradicted yourself?

So who will be our manager for the next 12 months? We are a joke thanks to the board of directors. So we start to lose all the backroom staff, and some of the players, and so on and so on. I am not happy with the state of affairs. But it's not all SOD fault. Steve Coppell was the most intelligent manager we had for years. Once he saw inside the club, he was out of there. Oh dear ohdear.

SL only appoints lap dogs and likes to tinker. I thought it strange early in SOD appointment that he came out with the statement that the relationship between SOD and SL was difficult and thats why they brought in Burt so the board didn't have to deal with SOD.

Trust to try. That's fine. But I'd rather see results which apart from what now appears a lucky GJ appointment the never seem to find.

The fact you were happy with Millen's immediate appointment after the Coppell debacle tells me a lot about your stance towards them, and you're definitely not for turning.

Either that, or good morning Steve.

Fair point on Millen! I did have my doubts on that one but his record as stand-in was good.....

Another bad decision then, as admitted by themselves having to sack... again.

Does anyone trust these clowns to pick a manager who will bring success?

Sooner they are out of the club the better.

Managerial merry go round,

built up record debts which are crippling the club on and off the field.

Had enough of them.

Surely you have just completely contradicted yourself?

No, not at all. The OP suggested that by sacking him they are admitting making a mistake in appointing him.

Whereas hindsight is marvellous, pretty much everyone felt for various reasons that SOD was the right appointment at the time and he was appointed in good faith. They cant be blamed if SOD has since been unable to carry out the task in hand..........it wasnt a mistake, it just hasn't turned out as we wanted and that is down to SOD

You cant retrospectively say that every management appointment made by any club is a mistake just because eventually the manager gets sacked.......

Actually yeh, **** the future. Let's all **** over the past.

Christ almighty. Look at where they dragging us to.

So, you clearly were against the appointment of SOD and Burt et al at the time and obviously dont agree with the club policy of developing the acadamy, promoting young players through the acadamcy and only buying good, young potential in times of severe financial constraint through FFP.

You no doubt felt that Mcinnes should have been given more time even though we were relegation fodder and would have been happy to see SOD continue and possibly take us down again. 

Whilst the board have shot themselves in the foot on various issues over the past few years, they're responsible for moving the club forward behind the scenes and rely on the Manager, whoever that might be, to move the club forward on the pitch....................I can see the board trying to do their bit however, it was crystal clear SOD was not doing his bit 

Lansdown's are fine with me.

Far better some real supporters leading us and who actually engage than a bunch of remote Arabs or Asians who have no idea of our footballing traditions.

Off the pitch - finally, it seems - we're moving in the right direction. 

Time to deliver on the pitch. Onwards and upwards.

Problem is, it's the boards responsibility to have some foresight.

And I see their foresight as being the new player recruitment policy/acadamy etc and engaging a coach with a pedigree of working with younger players under tight budgets.............

unless of course you actually mean the board should have clearly been more responisble when predicting the future results under their new head coach................yea, they failed miserably

SACK THE ............. for the wingers just insert the next ill thought out person to sack.

Ohh - could you also add who has the finance and desire to pump millions of their own money into BCFC to keep us afloat.

Its OK trying to Blame SL for the losses, but unlike the rest of us fans who only pay a few hundred quid a year to watch our team, he made millions of pounds available to back the footballing knowledge of the managers he appointed, which in most cases appeared good appointment and backed by the fans. 

Its easy to type a couple of ill conceived lines on a forum, but perhaps we should look at the plight of other teams around us who are not so lucky to have one of the UK's riches people as a fan and investor.

As the saying goes, how do you make a small fortune out of football - start with a large one, and their are not many about who are prepared to do this unless you can be somebody's premier league status symbol.

SACK THE ............. for the wingers just insert the next ill thought out person to sack.

Ohh - could you also add who has the finance and desire to pump millions of their own money into BCFC to keep us afloat.

Its OK trying to Blame SL for the losses, but unlike the rest of us fans who only pay a few hundred quid a year to watch our team, he made millions of pounds available to back the footballing knowledge of the managers he appointed, which in most cases appeared good appointment and backed by the fans. 

Its easy to type a couple of ill conceived lines on a forum, but perhaps we should look at the plight of other teams around us who are not so lucky to have one of the UK's riches people as a fan and investor.

As the saying goes, how do you make a small fortune out of football - start with a large one, and their are not many about who are prepared to do this unless you can be somebody's premier league status symbol.

Agreed.

the relationship between SOD and SL was difficult and thats why they brought in Burt .

This only worked so well, so one afternoon, we brought in Ernie, to the board.

So, people: do not panic! SOD has gone, but between Burt and Ernie and the rest of us here at AG, we will get it right! We know what we're doing. Don't we, Burt?

Archived