IGNORED

Six Managers In Three Years. Thanks Steve

Daniro

Johnson was fired in 2010 - if you include Millen's acting role after that, it's actually seven managers - including whoever takes over from SOD.

Someone has to take responsibility for this mess.

Coppell fans choice

Millen Boards choice

McInnes fans choice

O'Driscal Fans choice

Coppell fans choice

Millen Boards choice

McInnes fans choice

O'Driscal Fans choice

Ummmm, no.

The board appoint every manager of the club. Whether the fans agree that he is in their eyes the best candidate for the job is an irrelevance.

The board take NO responsibility for a series of bad decisions

Ummmm, no.

The board appoint every manager of the club. Whether the fans agree that he is in their eyes the best candidate for the job is an irrelevance.

The board take NO responsibility for a series of bad decisions

Just out of interest, what responsibility can the board actually take?

They can't just up sticks and leave, the club would fold and there isn't likely to be a long queue of people looking to buy the club, regardless of debt levels.

In the lower leagues you can't just throw cash at the problem.

Coppell fans choice

Millen Boards choice

McInnes fans choice

O'Driscal Fans choice

What planet do you live on?   Just because a few people on here - maybe there are 100 active posters on this and  other forums who have strongly agreed with decisions already taken by the Board, that does not by any possible stretch of the imagination count as "fans choice".

Just because a few hundred fans agree with appointments afterwards, (and I'm sure there were as many who disagreed),  it does not absolve the board of responsibility for a truly shocking record of managerial appointments.   As far as I'm aware not a  single fan was consulted prior to any of the appointments - and neither should they  be.    it's a Board decision and  they must take responsibility

They can't just up sticks and leave, the club would fold and there isn't likely to be a long queue of people looking to buy the club, regardless of debt levels.

By sacking the manager they are essentially saying 'we made the wrong decision'.

It would be nice to hear them say that rather than hide behind the shortcomings of the manager they appointed.

Or someone in a press conference actually ask a difficult question for once.

How about something along the lines of 'Bristol City seem to have a habit of appointing previously successful managers and then sacking them when they fail here. Exactly what is it about the club that causes such failure?'

None of the last 3 were my choice. I don't know how you think they were the fan's choice,.

In fact I recall a thread where I started wishing Millen the best of luck although I thought it was not a good appointment.

Near on every reply from people said they felt he wasn't the man we needed but wanted him to do well.

Well ..  to start with appoint someone to the board - ideally as Chairman - who actually knows something about football,

As it is we have a lame duck in Keith Dawe who never says a word and, whilst successful in computer recruitment, has very narrow business experience - he's never worked for any other organisation than his own.   The only reason he is in post is because Lansdown is a tax exile and so not allowed to be seen to be actually in control.  Everyone knows SL is in control and the fact that it's his son that does all the talking is clear evidence of that.

It's a disgrace - from legal, corporate governance and footballing points of view.  

However, I respect that they put money into the club and what I ask, and I think we should now demand, is that they appoint some real footballing people to the board.   Otherwise, there is absolutely no reason to think they;ll do anything other than give some other poor manager six months before sacking him.

Bristol City under O'Driscoll

Won 11

Draw 13

Lost 20

Pts 46 (from 132)

Poor.

Can you stop banging on about the record like you have in every other thread you have posted in. None of us are stupid, we know the record is poor! However there was a bigger plan/picture being implemented, a foundation being laid and now the board have ripped that foundation from under us and we're back to square one again. Everything that was being worked on in the last year, felled in one clean swoop.

how do you work that out?  It's the Lansdown and son show

Lansdown's hand's on involvement ended after the Coppel/Millen fiasco. He admitted his mistakes so took a step back. His son was added to the board obvously as a link and probably to reassure fans that he wasn't walking away. This summer the board had a big shake up and is effectively a new board, with new ideas.

I dont understand why everyone has to look for conspiracys. Manager was sh*t and got the sack shocker. Happens at everyclub in the country. Wasn't Johnson one of the longest serving in the country after about 4 years with us, says it all.

Take away Coppel (Lansdowns mistake) Then you have Millen given over a season, Mccines given a year and Sod given another year. That is not exactly a shocking amount of managers in a shocking amount of time in the football world.

Lansdown's hand's on involvement ended after the Coppel/Millen fiasco. He admitted his mistakes so took a step back. His son was added to the board obvously as a link and probably to reassure fans that he wasn't walking away. This summer the board had a big shake up and is effectively a new board, with new ideas.

I dont understand why everyone has to look for conspiracys. Manager was sh*t and got the sack shocker. Happens at everyclub in the country. Wasn't Johnson one of the longest serving in the country after about 4 years with us, says it all.

Take away Coppel (Lansdowns mistake) Then you have Millen given over a season, Mccines given a year and Sod given another year. That is not exactly a shocking amount of managers in a shocking amount of time in the football world.

What big shake up was that then?   Giving Ernie Arathoon his seat back - presumably because he dished a bit more cash into the pot?  God knows who he is but I don't think he's famous for his footballing brain.

Oh and if you think hand's off means making your son vice chairman beneath a chairman who never says anything, I see what you mean.

It's time to face up to the fact that we need somebody at that Board level with some understanding of the game and prepared to stand up to the Lansdown fatcats

The thing is everyone is happy when we get our new man in.

Coppel, McInnes, SO'D everyone thought it would be great choices.

Realistically how many clubs get a man in who last that long?

Rovers fans want to get rid of Ward now, they have had a fair share of managers since Trollope too.

It's not as "easy" as everyone makes out, Football recruitment is very different to any other business.

Rovers fans want to get rid of Ward now, they have had a fair share of managers since Trollope too.

It's not as "easy" as everyone makes out, Football recruitment is very different to any other business.

Yeah no kidding !!!!!

Everyone knows the record, but the fact is, the board stuck with him through a 23 game winless streak, but sack him off the back of 1 win in 7 games, piss poor decision yet again.

Why is this a piss poor decision?

They stuck with him, which everyone said they should do, then once he won he still never changed anything around, they gave him plenty more time and I believed we would go on a winning streak after we broke the duck, but we haven't and this needs to change.

If we won this weekend should be be allowed more than 7 games after that to win again? When is the right time to sack him? I believe now.

Yes - you're right about that but this time round the story was the SOD was going to be building from scratch - using young inexperienced local talent.   Youngsters like that need time to get confidence particularly in the hostile impatient intolerant world of BCFC.    And now, just as they are beginning to show some spirit (fighting back against Orient on Tuesday for example) they decide to drop the pilot.

It beggars belief.

Archived