IGNORED

Danny Wilson

Go Junior GO

Discuss

Yes please.

Knows League 1 well and will do a job for us.  Might not get us promoted but can live with that for a while a rise up the table playing nice attacking football be good.

Under Wilson we had a lot of youngsters which is roughly where we are now.

Generally dont like managers going back but I just have a hunch that he is exactly what we need.

The sitation that we are in now is not that different when Pulis left and Wilson took over from Pulis

Yes please.

Knows League 1 well and will do a job for us.  Might not get us promoted but can live with that for a while a rise up the table playing nice attacking football be good.

Generally dont like managers going back but I just have a hunch that he is exactly what we need.

The sitation that we are in now is not that different when Pulis left and Wilson took over from Pulis

I don't think all fans will agree with you

A big no from me. Decent football, but underachieved in relation to his budget and completely lost control of the dressing room and his awful lack of discipline saw our players become yobs.

A big clean up of his mess was needed when he was leaving as the players were ruling the roost.

Yes please.

Knows League 1 well and will do a job for us. Might not get us promoted but can live with that for a while a rise up the table playing nice attacking football be good.

I think I'd be fairly happy with Wilson.

He was happy to play the youngsters and we played good football.

Some of the other names suggested are, IMO, ridiculous.

The more I think about it, the better idea it becomes.

I'd have him back.

No. Come on fellas for crying out loud. We can't go back.

I liked Wilson and I would probably say under him we have probably played the best football I have seen on a consistent basis since I have been supporting City but this just simply can't happen.

Totally agree. Why everyone wants ex managers back is crazy

Like others, I'm not particularly keen on the idea of previous managers returning to clubs. It more often than not ends in disappointment, as it did here with Joe Jordan, who in his first spell with us built what I consider to be the most attractive side I've seen in my 50 plus years of watching City. However, the man was right who pointed out that there are significant exceptions that are both recent and relevant to this league, in Johnson and Ferguson, so it can be done.

I have heard far worse suggestions that Wilson - some of them also starting with a 'W'. He failed here ultimately last time (and I, too, fumed for years after the Cardiff fiasco), but he's had a lot more experience since then, is older and wiser, knows the club and this league very well, produces attractive football, and has previously shown himself very able and willing to work with youngsters. I'm not saying I'm over the moon about the idea, but name me someone who's a better fit - and available - bearing in mind that we have just sacked the man arguably best qualified for the job.

Archived